PDA

View Full Version : Problems of installation - ACB

ProgD
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm from Italy.
Two days ago I bought ACB, and tried to install it.
My pc runs on windows 7, it's an HP Pavillion Elite HPE. SP1 wasn't installed because of it's problems with my connection (I don't know why, but after installed, it cutted my wireless connection).
The first step was starting the installation of the game, but when the installShield gave the place to the DirectX, a message came on the screen:

"Windows Media Center Registration Application stopped working".
What the hell is that?

Ok, I didn't worry about it and continued working on photoshop, while the installation was going through.
After a while, I came back to the installShield, and nothing was there but the wallpaper with Ezio. It seemed like nothing was happening.
So I closed the iS and tried to start the game, but it didn't.
Ok, let me uninstall it. The installShield starts, and again this freaky message "Windows media center application stopped working".

Gooood. The uninstall comes to an end, says that the game was removed.
Let me try to reinstall the game.

The autorun starts, I just have "uninstall".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Why? I just did it!
I uninstalled it several times, but no way, I can't reinstall the game.

So I opened the registry, but i couldn't find ANY KEY with the name "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood".

Now the DVD starts, the voice "Install" is clickable (don't know why) but after the install shield starts, (always with the same message that Windows Media Center Application stopped working) it says "Are you sure you want to uninstall Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?".

Now, I can tell you, I'm sick of this. I spent 49,00 for a game that doesn't even install.
What the hell did you do with the protections? Why if stupid WMC crashes the game doesn't work? I can't understand why I have to spend all my free time tryin' to solve that kind of problems?

Anyone has clues to help me? Thank you so much!

ProgD
08-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I'm from Italy.
Two days ago I bought ACB, and tried to install it.
My pc runs on windows 7, it's an HP Pavillion Elite HPE. SP1 wasn't installed because of it's problems with my connection (I don't know why, but after installed, it cutted my wireless connection).
The first step was starting the installation of the game, but when the installShield gave the place to the DirectX, a message came on the screen:

"Windows Media Center Registration Application stopped working".
What the hell is that?

Ok, I didn't worry about it and continued working on photoshop, while the installation was going through.
After a while, I came back to the installShield, and nothing was there but the wallpaper with Ezio. It seemed like nothing was happening.
So I closed the iS and tried to start the game, but it didn't.
Ok, let me uninstall it. The installShield starts, and again this freaky message "Windows media center application stopped working".

Gooood. The uninstall comes to an end, says that the game was removed.
Let me try to reinstall the game.

The autorun starts, I just have "uninstall".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Why? I just did it!
I uninstalled it several times, but no way, I can't reinstall the game.

So I opened the registry, but i couldn't find ANY KEY with the name "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood".

Now the DVD starts, the voice "Install" is clickable (don't know why) but after the install shield starts, (always with the same message that Windows Media Center Application stopped working) it says "Are you sure you want to uninstall Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?".

Now, I can tell you, I'm sick of this. I spent 49,00 for a game that doesn't even install.
What the hell did you do with the protections? Why if stupid WMC crashes the game doesn't work? I can't understand why I have to spend all my free time tryin' to solve that kind of problems?

Anyone has clues to help me? Thank you so much!

Mr_Shade
08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Have you contacted Ubisoft Support?

These forums are not a replacement for them, so you should contact them asap and they should be able to help you further.

you can contact them via the information in the games manual, or you can click the links below.