PDA

View Full Version : Flying online!

thegreatsilence
10-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Hey People,

Well, I bought myself a top of the range PC and lovely 20" widescreen monitor. Armed with my Force Feedback 2 joystick, I am now ready to fly online and to learn new skills from you all. However what sites do you recommend? Secondly, I tried to play online with Ubisoft, but as my sim is patched to 2.4, I could not register with some of the games. Any advise for this newbie?

Much appreciated, all.

Jay

F19_Orheim
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Many would say Hyperlobby is the only way to go:

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

thegreatsilence
10-18-2004, 03:54 PM
That is very much appreciated.

By the way, what do you all think of World War Two online?

Jay

PlimPlam
10-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Ya hyperlobby is where I fly ol too. Only place I've ever flown online in this game to be honest.

I like wwiiol. Good game combined arms is fun at times.

El Turo
10-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Hyperlobby is DEFINATELY the place to go for online flight-simming.

I've played both IL2 and WWIIOL since their respective inceptions and for pure flight-simming, IL2(FB/AEP) has WWIIOL beat hands down.

Now, for a combined arms "feel" like you're participating in a greater war effort.. there just really isn't anything that compares to WWIIOL in that regard. Moreover, in terms of air-to-ground mud moving and low-altitude flying, WWIIOL is vastly superior to IL2 in respects to ground objects, terrain and fidelity of available ground targets.

To me, they each serve completely different purposes.

F19_Ob
10-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Some good starting advice could be:

1 Read the briefing and the server rules when U join a server (they may vary) to avoid unnescessary trouble. (many forgets this part, with sometimes unfavorable following effects.

2 If the server rules permits it, use the taxiways for takeoff and leave the runway for bombers and landing planes, aswell as emergencylandings.

3 be careful on crowded taxiways and such.
When u respawn its always a good idea to look infront of u before accellerating. Do this by hitting brakes and rudder to one side while applying some power, this makes u turn almost on the spot in many planes and lets u take a look ahead.
Accidends still happens though.....no big deal.

4 Its always a good idea to climb to altitude above your own field so u can be warned by the flak if enemies approach and also give cover to lower or landing planes.
I climb to 1000 or 2000m depending on plane and then I continue the climb enroute to target area. 2000m-4000m Is my usual combat altitude depending on mission an plane.
The altitude alows u to have enough energy for escape or attack even in inferior planes compared to the opposition.

5 Look around and behind by doing slow turns (saves energy) often and especially when going in for landing.
When going in for landing I always do hard braking climbing and/or descending turns or rolls while checking the rear. This is still no absolute guarantee to make it though, but helps.

6 Enable a key for "quick recording" in settings and record your online sessions so u later can see what happened. U can also cycle through the other players to see what they were doing. Also an excellent tool for improving your deflectionshooting.

7 Never participate in or continue arguments on the online chat. People are prepared to misinterpret and in the end its just a waste of energy and as a FB pilot u might already know that we must conserve energy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

A few things that might be good to know...
See u out there!