PDA

View Full Version : Likelyhood of Harlequin MP charecter as DLC

JonnyQuickShot
09-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I just wanted to say I will be very, very annoyed if they release the exclusive character as DLC. I for one always enjoy going online, and having newbs ask me how I got that character. (This is because I judge my personal worth as a Human Being from the amount of attention I get.) I really hop they don't release Harlequin as DLC. Or god forbid as a UPLAY reward...

What are your thought on this subject. And how likely do you think it is that the Harlequin will stay exclusive?

JonnyQuickShot
09-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I just wanted to say I will be very, very annoyed if they release the exclusive character as DLC. I for one always enjoy going online, and having newbs ask me how I got that character. (This is because I judge my personal worth as a Human Being from the amount of attention I get.) I really hop they don't release Harlequin as DLC. Or god forbid as a UPLAY reward...

What are your thought on this subject. And how likely do you think it is that the Harlequin will stay exclusive?

Deathgrim666
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:

What are your thought on this subject. And how likely do you think it is that the Harlequin will stay exclusive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a 25% chances it stays exclusive, but its up to ubisoft.

I remember with splinter cell they never did released the spaz 12 that was gamestop preorder deal, they may change it but w/e.

DorkDorkerson
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
For Red Dead Redemption, the pre-order bonuses are selling on Ebay now for 10-15 dollars... So I'm gonna put my Harlequin code on sale around Christmas time. And I think the only way that they might release the Harlequin later on is if they come out with an entire MP character DLC. Hope they keep it Pre-order exlusive, though.

JonnyQuickShot
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DorkDorkerson:
For Red Dead Redemption, the pre-order bonuses are selling on Ebay now for 10-15 dollars... So I'm gonna put my Harlequin code on sale around Christmas time. And I think the only way that they might release the Harlequin later on is if they come out with an entire MP character DLC. Hope they keep it Pre-order exlusive, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
10-15 dollars isn't worth selling it.

Deathgrim666
09-06-2010, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DorkDorkerson:
For Red Dead Redemption, the pre-order bonuses are selling on Ebay now for 10-15 dollars... So I'm gonna put my Harlequin code on sale around Christmas time. And I think the only way that they might release the Harlequin later on is if they come out with an entire MP character DLC. Hope they keep it Pre-order exlusive, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
10-15 dollars isn't worth selling it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i will be buying the officer code from ebay, unless the preorder deal was just early access.Should cost me about 5 bucks wich is worth it too me.

JonnyQuickShot
09-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, I meant I wouldn't sell my code. I think buying the codes for $10-$15 is a great deal.

ninjasownu
09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Here is the problem and why I think its DLC. Because if you look at trailers or even gameplay all the DLC characters are in them. I think they will become DLC soon or later. Look at the templar dlc in AC2.

austin128
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I bet it will be. Most of the time I believe everyone should get everything, but since it's pretty much just a multiplayer skin, I don't really care in this case. They need to make an announcement either way, though. They kinda left us in the dark about the preorder-bonuses in AC2.

souNdwAve89
09-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I think it will become a DLC at some point, but not right away probably.

Akasha_Ishtar
09-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I was having a far bit of a fight with a mate over this the other day, he was having a go saying that he things itís un fair that those of us who pay out get all the exclusive stuff as DLC for games while others like him donít and they wait to see if it gets released on networks for download at some point for everyone only not to and it they act like a bunch of kids throwing a tantrum pretty much. As I pointed out in a nicest way some of us are paying out ALOT of money to get them collectorís editions and thatís why we are getting the really good exclusive DLCís with it, it you really want that kind of stuff then you should pre order theses editions, even if it means that you have already ordered one and have to change it over to another one just to get what you want.

Account_Deleted
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM
i hope it stays as a exlusive, no point in getting it if it's just an early access or later on DLC

ninjasownu
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akasha_Ishtar:
I was having a far bit of a fight with a mate over this the other day, he was having a go saying that he things itís un fair that those of us who pay out get all the exclusive stuff as DLC for games while others like him donít and they wait to see if it gets released on networks for download at some point for everyone only not to and it they act like a bunch of kids throwing a tantrum pretty much. As I pointed out in a nicest way some of us are paying out ALOT of money to get them collectorís editions and thatís why we are getting the really good exclusive DLCís with it, it you really want that kind of stuff then you should pre order theses editions, even if it means that you have already ordered one and have to change it over to another one just to get what you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am a huge AC fan but I cant afford the collectors edition and I dont want that non sense that comes with it. So is it fair towards me?

Xanatos2007
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
They'll probably release it as DLC later AccDel, you're just paying for the privilege to get the Harlequin before everyone else. It's like with movies; you could pay $10+ to watch a movie only once at the cinema, or you could wait a few months and rent it for an entire night/week for less. And if you wait even longer then you could just watch it on TV for free.

EzioAssassin51
09-06-2010, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:
Here is the problem and why I think its DLC. Because if you look at trailers or even gameplay all the DLC characters are in them. I think they will become DLC soon or later. Look at the templar dlc in AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that DLC was needed for 100%

But i am guessing the Harlequin will come out sooner or later, because of how much people like it, but i hope nothing else comes out, especially not the maps or exclusive unknown bonus!

Akasha_Ishtar
09-07-2010, 12:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:
I am a huge AC fan but I cant afford the collectors edition and I dont want that non sense that comes with it. So is it fair towards me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well for those that canít afford it I can understand where you are coming from as the collectors editions do cost a LOT of money, the only way for people like yourself to get the DLCís if they are not released out is if people sale them online which you can bet will happen.

austin128
09-07-2010, 12:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akasha_Ishtar:
the only way for people like yourself to get the DLCís if they are not released out is if people sale them online which you can bet will happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For which they'll charge $30. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Akasha_Ishtar
09-07-2010, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by austin128:For which they'll charge $30. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes, I remember over here people where sealing off the Black Edition codes for $30 -$50 and they were been snapped up fast

BK-110
09-07-2010, 01:47 AM
I've pre-ordered the Codex Edition, so I'm fine, but I think they should release all exclusive content as DLC after a period of time, seeing as not everyone has a chance to get this content.

Last year, I tried to get ACII's Black Edition, but couldn't, due to school, and Gamestop here in Denmark rarely gets the pre-order content that other countries (mainly the US) get. As such I didn't get any exclusive content, so I appreciated that they released it after some time.

In the end, I just feel that fans who didn't get the chance to get this content should be able to get it as well, at least after some time.

austin128
09-07-2010, 02:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
I've pre-ordered the Codex Edition, so I'm fine, but I think they should release all exclusive content as DLC after a period of time, seeing as not everyone has a chance to get this content.

Last year, I tried to get ACII's Black Edition, but couldn't, due to school, and Gamestop here in Denmark rarely gets the pre-order content that other countries (mainly the US) get. As such I didn't get any exclusive content, so I appreciated that they released it after some time.

In the end, I just feel that fans who didn't get the chance to get this content should be able to get it as well, at least after some time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well said.

JonnyQuickShot
09-07-2010, 05:58 AM
I am a huge AC fan but I cant afford the collectors edition and I don't want that non sense that comes with it. So is it fair towards me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then just pre-order the regular edition, as the skin comes with the Gamestop preorder.
Also, fair is a completely relative statement. Is it fair that you have parents, and food, while children in Africa have neither? Was Hitler fair? (((GODWIN'S LAW!!!!))) So it being fair is not what I am saying. I was saying that it was not right for them to offer an incentive for preorder, and then giving it to everyone else and their dog, and their dog's cat, and their dog's cat's kitten.

JonnyQuickShot
09-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Sorry for the double post, but the black edition was NOT available from Gamestop, which may have lead to some of your trouble. Also, the maps in the black edition were needed to get 100% completion. The skin, not so much.

DeafAtheist
09-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I have mixed feelings about pre-order bonuses. I hate the fact that different stores have different bonuses. If both the Harlequin and Officer were exclusive only to Gamestop and Best Buy respectively, then in order to get both of them one would have to order 2 copies of the game. I don't want to buy 2 copies even if I can return or re-sell one after getting the code. But on the other hand I don't want to miss out on both so that's a reason to appreciate having them released later as DLC.

The idea of having something exclusive is nice when you have it, but it sucks when you can't get it because you chose to get another one instead.

I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption from amazon.com for the golden guns. It ended up being 2 gold guns in the single player campaign. Now that I know this I would have preferred to have gotten the Expert Assassin outfit from Gamestop or the War Horse from Best Buy... NONE of these bonuses have been released as DLC and with 2 more DLC packs planned from Rockstar neither has been mentioned as part of them. So it seems like if got one bonus you're SOL on the others which sucks.

So I've been thinking about pre-ordering 2 copies of ACB for both multiplayer characters in case neither is released as DLC later. But then I might think about going the eBay route as well. I haven't decided yet.

So basically I prefer that bonuses don't remain exclusive indefinitely. I think it's fair that all players get access to all content eventually.

Neo00_85
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Sorry for the double post, but the black edition was NOT available from Gamestop, which may have lead to some of your trouble. Also, the maps in the black edition were needed to get 100% completion. The skin, not so much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not in your country.... in Portugal I bought mine at gamestop

m0nkeyrama
09-08-2010, 01:08 AM
I would really like it if they made all of the "exclusives" DLC. Not right away, but maybe after a couple months. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Split_Spades
09-08-2010, 04:47 AM
They more than likily will release all the exclusive skins as DLC. It is normally like that, its a time release. So say 2 months untill the DLC drops. To be honest it dosn't make much of a difference

JonnyQuickShot
09-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Actually, I thought about this some more., and I don't think they will. I preordered Conviction, and the Silenced Shotgun has not been released as DLC yet. So I think they might let it stay EXCLUSIVE!!!

Deathgrim666
09-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Actually, I thought about this some more., and I don't think they will. I preordered Conviction, and the Silenced Shotgun has not been released as DLC yet. So I think they might let it stay EXCLUSIVE!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they did relesse the shadow armor from the collectors edition that was "exclusive".

austin128
09-08-2010, 10:52 AM
But remember, y'all get it free and we would have to pay for it (most likely) if they went the DLC route, so other than getting it early, y'all still have perks.

Deathgrim666
09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by austin128:
But remember, y'all get it free and we would have to pay for it (most likely) if they went the DLC route, so other than getting it early, y'all still have perks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i payed for the shadow armor and they gave it out free 2 months later.

DukeFirewood
09-08-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't mind if they release it as DLC. I myself have pre-ordered and already paid for in full the Codex Edition, I just hope that they give us quite a while to show off in MP before they release it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

austin128
09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DukeFirewood:
I don't mind if they release it as DLC. I myself have pre-ordered and already paid for in full the Codex Edition, I just hope that they give us quite a while to show off in MP before they release it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the thing, why I wouldn't really have a problem with the "exclusive" multiplayer characters staying exclusive, is because it's not gameplay content, it's pretty much just a multiplayer-skin that you can show off. Now if it was a singleplayer-skin, I'd think they should release it, because there's no one to show off to, so you might as well eventually give it to everyone.

AubreyWilborn
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm 100% sure the Harlequin will be DLC. IF Ubisoft messes around and waits too long to release the PC version, both the officer and the harlequin might be included in that version. I can see that happening.

Anyway, I think the Harlequin and the officer(as well as the two singleplayer maps) SHOULD be released as DLC and/or UPLAY benefits, EVENTUALLY. I'm not going to buy two copies of the game just so I can choose between the officer and the harlequin.

The pre-order characters should be more of a "first buy, first play" type of thing, instead of a purely exclusive thing. It's fairer that way for those of us without the bajillion dollars to spend on the uber-fancy collector's editions.

LaCava1
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
I'm 100% sure the Harlequin will be DLC. IF Ubisoft messes around and waits too long to release the PC version, both the officer and the harlequin might be included in that version. I can see that happening.

Anyway, I think the Harlequin and the officer(as well as the two singleplayer maps) SHOULD be released as DLC and/or UPLAY benefits, EVENTUALLY. I'm not going to buy two copies of the game just so I can choose between the officer and the harlequin.

The pre-order characters should be more of a "first buy, first play" type of thing, instead of a purely exclusive thing. It's fairer that way for those of us without the bajillion dollars to spend on the uber-fancy collector's editions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said we had "a bajillion dollars", and all got collector editions? I pre-ordered the regular version from GameStop, and I sitll get Harlequin...

But I do think they will release it for DLC, even though I don't want it to be.

AubreyWilborn
09-13-2010, 12:43 AM
When I said "a bajillion dollars", I was talking about the folks who bought the uber-collectors editions which give you the Harlequin AND the Officer.

And why don't you want the Harlequin to become DLC? Why does it matter? You're pre-order just means you'll get to sample the Harlequin before the rest of us do. My pre-order comes with the officer, and I don't care about him becoming DLC.

EzioAssassin51
09-13-2010, 12:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

The pre-order characters should be more of a "first buy, first play" type of thing, instead of a purely exclusive thing. It's fairer that way for those of us without the bajillion dollars to spend on the uber-fancy collector's editions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The obvious reason you're saying this is because you can't get an edition with the pre-orders! Which i don't blame you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AubreyWilborn
09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

The obvious reason you're saying this is because you can't get an edition with the pre-orders! Which i don't blame you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...actually, the PC pre-order from Best Buy here in the states, comes with the officer. I canceled my Gamestop Harlequin pre-order from Gamestop because....well, I wanted the officer more.

It would be nice to eventually have the choice of downloading the Harlequin too, just to have choices and variety. But I'm not gonna die if it doesn't happen. Knowing Ubisoft's track record with AC2 and Splinter Cell conviction, however, I'm sure it will.

Rene_Led
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Well if they sell the store-exclusive characters for BrO, then it would be cool since I would like to get the Officer since he looks cool at the sametime, it would assassinate the point of those characters being 'exclusive'. But whatever just for preordering at gstop or bestbuy its free for ordering so no real loss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
Perhaps in the future, hope they make cool new character adds for online and perhaps have like character bundle. I just hope they ownt charge like 3$ just for an online mutliplayer avatar unless it had like special skills, otherwise if they sell characters, hope they are aorund 1$ lol</span>

EzioAssassin51
09-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Um...actually, the PC pre-order from Best Buy here in the states, comes with the officer. I canceled my Gamestop Harlequin pre-order from Gamestop because....well, I wanted the officer more.

It would be nice to eventually have the choice of downloading the Harlequin too, just to have choices and variety. But I'm not gonna die if it doesn't happen. Knowing Ubisoft's track record with AC2 and Splinter Cell conviction, however, I'm sure it will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok!

But i agree, the Harlequin probably will come out, only because a ton of people like him! I say him at max!

DeafAtheist
09-14-2010, 05:31 AM

It would be nice to eventually have the choice of downloading the Harlequin too, just to have choices and variety. But I'm not gonna die if it doesn't happen. Knowing Ubisoft's track record with AC2 and Splinter Cell conviction, however, I'm sure it will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? The Harlequin is a Gamestop pre-order bonus. The Splinter Cell Conviction pre-order bonus was the Spas 12 shotgun which STILL has not been given out to the public and I doubt it will otherwise it would have been by now. The Shadow Armor from the Collector's Edition DID get released to the public as weekly ULC. Gamestop pre-order bonuses seem to have a way of remaining exclusive.

With Red Dead Redemption neither Gamestop's pre-order bonus for the Deadly Assassin outfit OR the War Horse from Best Buy have been released yet to the public and there's no word from Rockstar about whether or not they will be.

I have a feeling that at least the Harlequin if not both the Harlequin and Officer will remain exclusive.

AubreyWilborn
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Oh ok!

But i agree, the Harlequin probably will come out, only because a ton of people like him! I say him at max! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeafAthiest- you have a point with the Splinter Cell shotgun. But, you have to remember that the shotgun was ONLY offered as a Gamestop exclusive, while both the Harlequin and the Officer are available to folks who buy certain limited editions.

IMO, that's always the litmus test regarding whether or not DLC is going to be released eventually. In Splinter Cell, Infiltration mode, the MP5 and Shadow Armor were all availabe in limited edition versions of conviction. And everybody has access to those now.

D00CH
09-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Oh ok!

But i agree, the Harlequin probably will come out, only because a ton of people like him! I say him at max! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeafAthiest- you have a point with the Splinter Cell shotgun. But, you have to remember that the shotgun was ONLY offered as a Gamestop exclusive, while both the Harlequin and the Officer are available to folks who buy certain limited editions.

IMO, that's always the litmus test regarding whether or not DLC is going to be released eventually. In Splinter Cell, Infiltration mode, the MP5 and Shadow Armor were all availabe in limited edition versions of conviction. And everybody has access to those now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You pretty much said what he said....?..

DeafAtheist
09-14-2010, 08:57 PM

IMO, that's always the litmus test regarding whether or not DLC is going to be released eventually. In Splinter Cell, Infiltration mode, the MP5 and Shadow Armor were all availabe in limited edition versions of conviction. And everybody has access to those now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, The Officer and Harlequin are available in the Limited Codex Edition available in Europe. And everything that was available to the European Collector's Edition for Splinter Cell Conviction has been released to the public, so it's possible that the Harlequin and Officer will be available to all at some point. I guess we'll see.

davo1270
09-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm just wondering, are there gonna be as many harlequins on the screen as the other multiplayer characters, so it would not be obvious that the harlequin is an actual player?

DeafAtheist
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
I'm just wondering, are there gonna be as many harlequins on the screen as the other multiplayer characters, so it would not be obvious that the harlequin is an actual player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I'm sure there will be. All the NPC in multiplayer will look exactly like all of the multiplayer characters so I'd assume that the NPC characters would be pretty evenly distributed including the Harlequin and Officer. I think a player's main concern would be how many of their characters are in the immediate area for blending in with.