PDA

View Full Version : does any one know about the assassinatin targets

brisinger228
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
yea i was wounderin in AC2 wut kind of people you get to assassinate like emporors or kings or like slavers and evil merchants and commoners?

brisinger228
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
yea i was wounderin in AC2 wut kind of people you get to assassinate like emporors or kings or like slavers and evil merchants and commoners?

General_Lekauf
10-22-2009, 09:41 PM
my guess any one with a body guard

OHS_90
10-22-2009, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brisinger228:
yea i was wounderin in AC2 wut kind of people you get to assassinate like emporors or kings or like slavers and evil merchants and commoners? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt you will be getting any Kings or Emperors. The nearest King was a few hundered kilometres north west, in Paris. And the local Emperor was on the other side of the Mediterranean sea in Spain.

Iskander_Estel
10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
there are rumors, about you may have to kill the Pope

OHS_90
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard about that a while ago as well. They would have some guts to put something like that in, as it would no doubt anger some Catholics for any which reason.

EmperorxZurg
10-22-2009, 11:22 PM
no, we're not killing the pope, it was a rumor and then quickly dissolved, it's most likely known that from one of the vids that we'll be aiding Lorenzo de Medici "take care" of his competition as a main target but that's about it

younas456
10-23-2009, 01:58 AM
i hope that like in ac1 that the names was real and have lived & disappeared randomly i hope this have the same history and been working on it really hard what i know they hadhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 08:08 AM
ya, they have all real people who mysteriously "dissapeared". that's what the whole game is about so know need to worry there

Cjail
10-23-2009, 08:49 AM
This may contain spoilers!!!

Beside "Carlo Grimaldi" and "Emilio Barbarigo" (from E3 demo and TGS demo) it is probable that we will kill Pope Alessandro VI; since the real causes of his death are uncertain it would be a perfect occasion/subject for a videogame! (Also the way the developers talk about his meeting with Ezio as: not pleasant!)

DarkAutocon
10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
We all no how christianity is, they'll call for a boycott if you can kill the pope, lol. I think it would be a great idea, but not if it's gonna cause Controversy.

Tetsou88
10-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Killing the Pope would be interesting, especially if he was corrupt.

It's kinda like Hitman where you had to kill the corrupted Vice President before he killed the President.

Cornik22
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Beside "Carlo Grimaldi" and "Emilio Barbarigo" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, 2 very well known people... in the game, because they never existed in real life.

Captain Tomatoz
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cornik22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Beside "Carlo Grimaldi" and "Emilio Barbarigo" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, 2 very well known people... in the game, because they never existed in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well the house of Grimaldi existed but i dont no if any of them were called Carlo

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
@Darkautocon: why do u assume all Christians are Catholic? I don't even believe in the pope and most Christians actually don't, so could people stop assuming we're all Catholic and that we want to overreact to any game? Think if it was ur God or Messiah or whoever saying to be killed, I don't believe in him, but I know how the Catholics would and I don't want to go in a video game and pretend to "kill" their messenger of God. So just leave the religious stuff out

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I think killing the Pope would be fun, seeing as Renaissance Popes were corrupt and illogical, I don't think anyone would mind.

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 05:30 PM
are u just out to try and fight me or something? Besides there were only two corrupt Popes in the Renaissance so wrong again chief. And if u think no one would mind and that it would be fun to go and kill a religious figure, something's seriously wrong with you

General_Lekauf
10-23-2009, 05:58 PM
im christian not catholic though and i dont even know the piont of the pope he just walks around and everyone pretends that they love him no offense but thats what it seems like on the news as i said im christian but not catholic and dont really know all that much about catholics

EmperorxZurg
10-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm not a catholic either but I know what he is, apparantly Jesus appointed one of his Disciples Pope and told him to carry on His legacy, and that after he died the other disciples{now cardinals} would elect the new one to be the Voice of God, and it's continued until now that Catholics believe God is relaying His message through the Pope

cgdemon894
10-23-2009, 06:43 PM
lolz the pope dies at 1503 same year when the game ends

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Only two? Are you kidding me?

And no I'm not out to fight you, I was just stating my oppinion. Are you?

Pope Alexander VI
Pope Leo X
Pope Julius II
Pope Clement VII
Pope Sixtus IV

The list goes on my friend, the list goes on.

Ever since the Avignon Papacy during the 14th century or so, Pope's began to degrade rapidly, and didn't become "uncorrupt" (lack of a better word) generally until well after the Reformation and the following Enlightenment.

The Pope is the holder of the keys to heaven. They are all supposed descendants of Peter.

Really? 1503? Well thats rather perfect! Last assassination anyone? Would be awesome.

X10J
10-23-2009, 07:08 PM
"Sixtus IV even entered into a conspiracy to have the powerful Medici family assassinated when he thought they were getting in one of his nephew's way." from this website (http://www.sparknotes.com/history/european/renaissance1/section3.rhtml) not sure if its in our timeline though but thought id share http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also if an argument breaks out i just want to say that i called it

craxe
10-23-2009, 07:23 PM
ummm, i'd just like to point out (as a full catholic turned atheist) that you have NO IDEA what catholics will do to even see the pope. my area doesn't even have hardcore catholics and they STILL freaked out when they found out that they were going to see the pope here (in America) so...yeah they do like him. i'm outta here before anyone flames me. bye!

Sparta955
10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
People do love "salvation" &gt;.&gt;

Cjail
10-24-2009, 03:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkautocon:
We all no how Christianity is, they'll call for a boycott if you can kill the pope, lol. I think it would be a great idea, but not if it's gonna cause Controversy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually any Christian Church could be displeased just because in the game you kill someone: this "Pope issue" would be our last concern!

EmperorxZurg
10-24-2009, 11:24 AM
well actually some Christians are still ok with this genre because they know it's just pretend but whenever religion gets involved it gets messy, I'm fine if they include the Pope like talking or something but if it involves killing some religious religious figure, either the Pope or any other one, just sorta crossing borders

Altaezio
10-24-2009, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkautocon:
We all no how christianity is, they'll call for a boycott if you can kill the pope, lol. I think it would be a great idea, but not if it's gonna cause Controversy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of All! Get Ur Facts Straight! Christians Dont Follow The pope! We Follow Christ! Thats Catholics That follow the Pope. plzz get ur facts straight b4 u start comin here w/ tht fake info

EmperorxZurg
10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I've already said that Alta. Sorta PO's me whenever people say that about us and group us all together

cgdemon894
10-24-2009, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cjail:
We all no how Christianity is, they'll call for a boycott if you can kill the pope, lol. I think it would be a great idea, but not if it's gonna cause Controversy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually any Christian Church could be displeased just because in the game you kill someone: this "Pope issue" would be our last concern! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am a strict christian, i have no problem blade sacking the pope http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

zorak112
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
@ the first post: whoever is in my way. :P

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
As an atheist I would LOVE to see the pope in real life, and tell him in his face that he's being a **** by telling people to not use condoms, and not use abortion (and his ignorant followers actually listen to him, so this is quite a problem).

In AC2, I'd love to be able to assassinate, or AT LEAST punch him! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Charlie_Romeo
10-25-2009, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:
As an atheist I would LOVE to see the pope in real life, and tell him in his face that he's being a **** by telling people to not use condoms, and not use abortion (and his ignorant followers actually listen to him, so this is quite a problem).

In AC2, I'd love to be able to assassinate, or AT LEAST punch him! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i aint a religous follower but to say what u just did is disrespectful to thier religon, people arent ignorant, they just beleive in something that is beyound comprehension, they are very strict and do these things as they believe that they will be sent to heaven for practising thier religon. Also u wont use an abortion u would have a abortion done to you.

But anyway we wont be able to do anything to the Pope the world would kill ubi if they depicted the Popes death.

caswallawn_2k7
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
there was nearly a riot because a game firm used the interior of a church (without permission) for a shooter game, so for them to allow you to do anything to the pope would basically be suicide for the company.

as catholic or not the pope is still a symbol seen and accepted by a lot of the world.

Cornik22
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I find the whole discussion really absurd. I am catholic, and I have no problem with the pope getting killed in the game because, after all, this is a work FICTION (and if that really happened, then it would also be historically accurate), not the real world. You can fly and the pope is murdered, I dont see the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I aint a religous follower but to say what u just did is disrespectful to their religon, people arent ignorant, they just beleive in something that is beyond comprehension </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you. Coolgerb could have expressed his opinion concerning the Pope in a non-agressive and disrespectful way. Even when I disagree with some of the things Benedict proclaims, Coolgerb is calling me an ignorant and I feel offended.

thekyle0
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

In AC2, I'd love to be able to assassinate, or AT LEAST punch him! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't realize that those things were so common in the late 1400's. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

EmperorxZurg
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
let's try and get away from the religion war before the Atheists and Christians try to kill each other and this thread is locked

One of the assassination targets might be a leader of either the Medici or Doge family, they seem to be really important in this game

guipit
10-26-2009, 02:42 AM
remember guys Altair is atheist

Altair: What you plan is no less an illusion; to force men to follow you against their will.
Al Mualim: Is it any less real then the phantoms the Saracens and Crusaders follow now? Those craven gods who retreat from this world that men might slaughter one another in their names? They live amongst an illusion already. Im simply giving them another; one that demands less blood.
Altair: At least they choose these phantoms.

I think so with this statement

the amolang
10-26-2009, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zabrak94:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cjail:

Actually any Christian Church could be displeased just because in the game you kill someone: this "Pope issue" would be our last concern! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am a strict christian, i have no problem blade sacking the pope http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. sorry but that is just two opposites. Christianity is about pasifism and loving your enemy. your statement is just so bizarre.

Cjail
10-26-2009, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
One of the assassination targets might be a leader of either the Medici or Doge family, they seem to be really important in this game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First I have to correct you: Doge is not a name of a family but a title.
The Doge was a very important figure in Venezia and also were the Medici in Firenze: killing one of them in the game could be really considered an affront to these city's past.
When I first knew that AC2 was set in the Italian Renaissance and in Italy, I was completely against it because I thought that Ubisoft would have used our History in an horrible way; but as soon as my indignation faded I realized that AC2 was just a game, a fiction, and that would have done no harm at all to Italy!

You all must realize that preserving history is for us Italians very important and we are very touchy about that: at today (I say it with sadness) our historical patrimony is probably the only thing that still make us a great country!

com199
10-26-2009, 06:28 AM
What makes you guys think that Ubi has not already thought of the whole Pope thing? I have no doubt that whatever happens, we will find out when the game comes out!

kingbren08
10-27-2009, 07:09 AM
wait i just saw something funny on the first page and am wondering if it was a typo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
I don't even believe in the pope and most Christians actually don't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EmperorxZurg
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
no that's true kingbren, Catholics believe in the Pope and their stats have shown more people are going to different dominations, like Baptist and such

@guipit: actually if u remember, Altair said he was just spiritual because his mom was Muslim and his dad a Christian