PDA

View Full Version : Installation error in Pacific Fighters

secale
11-14-2004, 06:11 AM
During installation process from PF CD1, at 50-60 % loading process appears the ERROR 1305:

"...can't read fb_3do08p.SFS file. Verify that the file exits and that you can access it".

I click retry, the process continues, and arriving 99% loading (sometimes), but always at 100%,the mentioned error appears again. Bored for waiting it ask for CD2, I cancel all process and appears a new ERROR 1603:

" Error during installation.Read Help file in Windows Installer Msi.chm or MSDN"

As I'm using Windows XP SP1, I think that Windows Installer v2 is already included,however I updated to Windows Installer v3.0, but all error loading process happens again.

Have any one any idea what's the problem ? There is any wrong Spanish language related with Msi.chm script? I would appreciate very much your answers,since up to date I couldn't play yet.

Best regards,

secale
farmasalud@farmasalud.jazztel.es

Tully__
11-14-2004, 06:21 AM
There're a couple of threads about this error in the IL2 Community Suport forum, have a look in there.

Coffee999
11-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Clean your disc. Mine would stop installing at the same file. Tryed installing a couple times when I noticed the surface was dirty. Cleaned it and never looked back.

secale
11-14-2004, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
There're a couple of threads about this error in the IL2 Community Suport forum, have a look in there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tully_ for your fast answer. I have been browsing the IL2 Community Suport forum and didn't find this couple of threads.There is something far related with,but not this ERRORS numbers. Could you please show me what are they ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

secale

secale
11-14-2004, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coffee999:
Clean your disc. Mine would stop installing at the same file. Tryed installing a couple times when I noticed the surface was dirty. Cleaned it and never looked back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Cofee999, I will try and tell you about your advice.

Regards,

secale

secale
11-16-2004, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by secale:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coffee999:
Clean your disc. Mine would stop installing at the same file. Tryed installing a couple times when I noticed the surface was dirty. Cleaned it and never looked back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Cofee999, I will try and tell you about your advice.

Regards,

secale <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cofee999: At last !

I forgot a simple thing as checking the CD1 cleanness before running it, since I was convinced that the Ubisoft Quality Dpt.would do it for me, but not. An ink spot, thick and wide (as 20 cents coin) was stamped on the reading face, avoiding a proper loading and stoping always the process in the same point. I wash the ink with isopropilic alcohol, but the ink solvent have made the surface unreadible, and fortunatly my vendor understood the problem, and changed me the CD's.

By the way, the piece of blue ink that was in my CD belonged to the previous CD1 PF produced authomatically by machine. Does any one a big blank spot (not stamped)in the main CD1 PF face? I have it !!!

Thanks again,

secale

Coffee999
11-17-2004, 05:57 AM
You are most welcome secale.

After I got my copy I tryed everything to install with no avail. I then looked at the read surface and saw what I thought were crack. It looked like a spoked bicycle wheel it was that bad. I then noticed they could be smudged. I then cleaned it best I could and had no problems after that.

You would think they could keep them clean at the factory. I guess not :-)