PDA

View Full Version : hey, ba5tard5word, help, please

dashman
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey, Ba5tard5word,

I downloaded AP2 the other day and tried to use it for the first time tonight. I launched IL2 and went to Pilots Career. AP1 was still listed - no AP2. So I went to the IL2 missions folder and deleted AP1, thinking that would force it to recognize AP2.

When I relaunched IL2, all my missions I had started were gone, only the main mission window would come up as if I hadn't flown any at all.

I rebooted and the same thing. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I followed your download/install instructions correctly.

Thanks!

dashman
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey, Ba5tard5word,

I downloaded AP2 the other day and tried to use it for the first time tonight. I launched IL2 and went to Pilots Career. AP1 was still listed - no AP2. So I went to the IL2 missions folder and deleted AP1, thinking that would force it to recognize AP2.

When I relaunched IL2, all my missions I had started were gone, only the main mission window would come up as if I hadn't flown any at all.

I rebooted and the same thing. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I followed your download/install instructions correctly.

Thanks!

dashman
04-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Ah, never mind, I found AP2 and some of those other campaigns I wanted to start over anyhow.

Ba5tard5word
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
hmm ok so crisis averted?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

dashman
04-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Something happened that took me back to the beginning of all my campaigns - as if I'd not flown any (they don't show up in the list that indicates how many missions I'e flown for each, etc), - I probably accidentally had something selected in addition to AP1 and deleted it.

As I said, I wanted to start some over anyhow.

Thanks

Jim57
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Just finished playing the air pirates campaigns. BOTH of them. FUN!!

Jim

Ba5tard5word
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I'm thinking of doing a shortish campaign where you fly in various air forces against the Air Pirates. like 3 missions for the British, 3 missions for the Finns, 3 for the Russians, 3 for the Italians. Nothing much has been done yet though.

If anyone wants to make pirates skins for any midwar bombers or fighters that would be nice. Any nationality is fine, maybe Bettys, Il-4's, B-25's, whatever.

dashman
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
sounds good.

FlatSpinMan
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
@dashman - I have no idea why but if you delete a campaign by going into the IL2 program folder it causes ALL in-progress campaigns to be deleted. Funny, isn't it.

DKoor
04-03-2009, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
@dashman - I have no idea why but if you delete a campaign by going into the IL2 program folder it causes ALL in-progress campaigns to be deleted. Funny, isn't it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really hate that coded users folder. It is to blame for everything. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

dashman
04-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks FlatSpinMan,

Nice to know it's an app quirk. Lesson learned.