PDA

View Full Version : help me out

wanderer77
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
can any of you AC2 veterans illustrate a map of where all the glitch truth symbols are? a map for each area? maybe just take some screenshots and edit in photoshop to mark where all the locations are.
it would help a lot. and also maybe explain if any of them are difficult to find. for example the one under the bridge in Venice is hard to find (i found it by chance when i missed a jump and landed in water) so describe a way to find it on the map, but the ones in Tuscany are easy to locate, so no need to explain there. plus a map like that could be submitted to gamefaqs too.

wanderer77
04-29-2010, 09:09 PM
can any of you AC2 veterans illustrate a map of where all the glitch truth symbols are? a map for each area? maybe just take some screenshots and edit in photoshop to mark where all the locations are.
it would help a lot. and also maybe explain if any of them are difficult to find. for example the one under the bridge in Venice is hard to find (i found it by chance when i missed a jump and landed in water) so describe a way to find it on the map, but the ones in Tuscany are easy to locate, so no need to explain there. plus a map like that could be submitted to gamefaqs too.

Black_Widow9
04-29-2010, 09:13 PM
You can check out this Topic-
If you need glyph help --CLICK HERE-- (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2011007608/p/1)

Six_Gun
04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
LOL, if you think finding them is the hard part, man do you have a surprise coming toward the last 3rd of the game. At that point solving the puzzles becomes like calculus. Anyway, one of the best tips a person can give if you want to find them vs use a map, is that they are not always on the building shown in the locations part of the database. A dark grey area will be highlighted on the map for each structure associated with a glyph location, and it can be anywhere within that area. A minute or two of running around in Eagle Vision usually shows it's location.

wanderer77
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
i found them all. i posted this topic before discovering that the database has a list and picture of the buildings and a checkmark for whether i found them or not. still would have been better if the map actually updated and have active glyphs change color on the map before/after you have found them.

and i solved all the puzzles too without a walkthrough. the final puzzles were the hardest and i actually solved it out of a fluke (i was half asleep randomly spinning the picture wheel puzzle). talk about lucky.

that reminds me. they need to fix the map. the minimap is pretty much useless as it is since you can see how small it is, so small you can't see anything. making a bigger in game semi transparent minimap would help.

Six_Gun
04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wanderer77:
and i solved all the puzzles too without a walkthrough. the final puzzles were the hardest and i actually solved it out of a fluke (i was half asleep randomly spinning the picture wheel puzzle). talk about lucky.

that reminds me. they need to fix the map. the minimap is pretty much useless as it is since you can see how small it is, so small you can't see anything. making a bigger in game semi transparent minimap would help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm, technically I don't know if you could actually call that "solving" the puzzle if you just stumbled upon the answer via a lucky fluke. The whole concept of a solution is deducing the answer, then implementing it, not just spinning the wheel randomly as per Wheel of Fortune. Anyways, it's a good example of what I'm talking about. Some of them are just too hard, esp considering most others are easy by comparison.

The mini map is adequate considering that's exactly what it is, a "mini" map. Perhaps you were not using the custom marker (waypoint) feature, but when you do, it's easily good enough. The way I see it the mini map is primarily there for locating one spot at a time that you highlight via a custom marker. For that it's great.

JohnConnor2012
04-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know, Six-Gun - professional cryptographers like NSA / GCHQ crack most codes by just random spinning, though we're talking billions of potential combinations in such cases.

XxR3p3rXx
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
well for me, finding them was the hard part hehe