PDA

View Full Version : Borgia Tower Captians arnt effected by smoke grenades?

LaMOi
12-11-2010, 06:28 AM
I love this game but man they dont make it easy for stealth...

I just found out the borgie captians are seemingly immune to smoke grenades????

I mean gimme a break - they got a gas mask have they...

I mean the borgia towers most descend into a scrap - is stealth impossible or what... I mean without using cheasy tactics.. Like kills the gaurds and running away gradually whittling down his protection one by one...

Anyone?

LaMOi
12-11-2010, 06:28 AM

I mean the borgia towers most descend into a scrap - is stealth impossible or what... I mean without using cheasy tactics.. Like kills the gaurds and running away gradually whittling down his protection one by one...

Anyone?

Gyro458
12-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Smoke bombs are in no way related to stealth. Apart from being its opposite.

NuovoVita
12-11-2010, 08:07 AM
But still that must be annoying. I haven't really started on the borgia towers so i haven't had to kill any really. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LadyGahan2010
12-11-2010, 08:16 AM
With the exception of one captain I never had to kill one guard by one to get to those cowards... They aren't that bad. Stealth is totally possible, all you need is a couple of minutes spent on observation. And stick to hidden blade too.

D173120T
12-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Just remember the Assassins Mantra

"Mr Crossbow is your best friend!"

magesupermaster
12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm disturbed by the fact he called them smoke grenades..

LaMOi
12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
i love this damn game but im finding hard to ghost these borgia captains man, they never seem to patrol to say a dark alley... and they never stray too far from there buddies, its hard to kill them without things going up...........

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

assassin087
12-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Try using ranged weopons like crossbows, hidden pistol , poison darts etc. Thats what i did and i never got caught unless i wanted to get caught and fight 50 guards.(They didnt even damage me slightly)

LaMOi
12-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Yea I like to get up close and personal... This game doesnt make it easy for stealth really sometimes.

SAVMATIC
12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gyro458:
Smoke bombs are in no way related to stealth. Apart from being its opposite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its overt stealth, would-be smart ***

PhiIs1618033
12-12-2010, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gyro458:
Smoke bombs are in no way related to stealth. Apart from being its opposite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its overt stealth, would-be smart *** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Stealth==not attracting any attention
Smoke bomb==attracting attention

...yeah.

Zire1022
12-12-2010, 06:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaMOi:

Anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea its annoying because more then just them are not affected by smoke, it seems the first mob of romules (sp?) are not affected either. its really stupid that they give you these tools and then make people who are immuned, and make it useless.

Jack-Reacher
12-12-2010, 06:39 PM
You also cant poison them, well I havent tried poison darts yet.

Two of them I have encountered are guarded so closely that you have to remove the guards.

tyrce111
12-13-2010, 02:57 AM
I used my crossbow on a captain on a horse near a cliff...
Shot him...
Didn't kill him...
Started running...
Stabbed him...
Admitted it was just the high level of luck the game has incorperated just for me because I paid ubisoft for a Limited Lucky Edition...

MilsurpShooter
12-13-2010, 08:15 AM
It's not easy, but that's what makes it so satisfying when you do manage to pull it off. Only one guard I can remember where I had to blast in, past the guards, kill him before he ran, then kill the guards.

He hung out inside a building, in a small room, one entrances, two brutes, two regular guards outside. Alerted he would jump on a horse and run for it.

Everyone else I've tried to do hidden blade from a blended group or bench. Thinking back on it now, I probably could have done that guy with a stealth kill if I had found a group of courtesans.

Henry454
12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't see ezio reaching for a mask everytime he throws one down!

Mabie they see it coming and hold their breath?