PDA

View Full Version : the double assassination bug is killing me......

breakdown89
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
every time i double assassinate two guards two times in a row, my PS3 freezes.....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

breakdown89
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
every time i double assassinate two guards two times in a row, my PS3 freezes.....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

ScytheOfGrim
12-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I just restarted my PS3 because of that.

At least it leaves you with an awesome screenshot, I guess.

breakdown89
12-05-2009, 11:26 AM
lmao, that is true i guess....

TooLazy4Name
12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
i THINK (but not sure) that if you double assassinate someone, and then do it to another 2 people right afterwards, it always freezes. but if you wait for about 3 seconds, it wont freeze i THINK if you double assassinate.

iamaltair
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
why don't you just not double assassinate two times in a row? That seems like an obvious and easy solution to the problem.

Assassin_Mitch
12-05-2009, 02:22 PM
One of the big draws imo was the double hidden blades, how can you ask us not to do that?

deadlylemon1991
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
wouldof been easier if they gave us the option to chose whether 2 use a single blade or 2 of em in the weapons menu

bcCoBHC
12-06-2009, 02:33 AM
this happens to me. every time. i play it on PS3. and another problem is, that if you wait for the 3 seconds to do it again it still freezes, even if you were just trying to assassinate one. so i would just switch weapons after the first double.

Iskander_Estel
12-06-2009, 02:42 AM
i've make like 3 double assassination
and nothing happened.

ScytheOfGrim
12-06-2009, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iamaltair:
why don't you just not double assassinate two times in a row? That seems like an obvious and easy solution to the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a workaround, not a solution.

KakashiAssassin
12-06-2009, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
and nothing happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same, im not having any of these problems

bornforhaze
12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Dammit, it just froze my PS3. Fix this stupid glitch.

Edengoth
12-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I use this all the time to dispatch treasure-guarding baddies, and no freeze.
Maybe it doesn't affect PS3 Slim? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

bornforhaze
12-06-2009, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
I use this all the time to dispatch treasure-guarding baddies, and no freeze.
Maybe it doesn't affect PS3 Slim? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe I have the 60gig and it happens alot.

RequiestaInPace
12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
That is very silly.
I'm lucky to get away with it as I have a 360.
Yet another thing to add to the patch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

DarkAutocon
12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
lol, im glad i got my AC2 for xbox be4 i got my PS3 lol

TooLazy4Name
12-06-2009, 03:09 PM
doesnt affect slim? *sigh*

i have a 60G i got christmas of 07.

jimbo11235813
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
It hasn't happened on my PS3s (40GB version which died for some reason http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif, and the new 120GB slim version.) I haven't had any problems at all with it. I notice no-one is mention what version/edition they're using which may have a difference as it seems odd that its happening to only some people.

thekyle0
12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by: DeusEx89
the double assassination bug is killing me...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Is the pun intended? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

OSnailsO
12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Check your settings... Make sure it's super white and the highest settings for EVERYTHING once it is like that your PS3 should not be freezing. If it keeps freezing blow inside of your PS3 and take better care of it
1. Clean it once every 2 weeks
2. Put your disks back in the case after use
3. Try not to set it facing up (For maximum efficiancy[sp] set it up horizontally)

shadows473
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Easiest way to not freeze
LOG OFF PLAYSTATION NETWORK OR XBOX LIVE
also you can try dying your cloths color to ebony i heard it reduces the chance of freezing

Edengoth
12-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I spoke too soon. As soon as I said it, that happened to me twice in one day. I jinxed my PS3! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

fetusgr1nd3r
12-07-2009, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">every time i double assassinate two guards two times in a row, my PS3 freezes.....Mad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same problem. Had to reboot my PS3 over 20 times because it froze particularly using double hidden blades. I would assassinate groups of four, two at a time. The first 2 I assassinated in low profile. Then I would use high profile to finish the 3rd and 4th, creating a frozen screen.

A partial SOLUTION to avoid the glitch is to use LOW PROFILE for all the guards and do not finish off with a high profile kill.

com199
12-07-2009, 06:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A partial SOLUTION to avoid the glitch is to use LOW PROFILE for all the guards and do not finish off with a high profile kill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Once again, that's not a SOLUTION, that's a WORKAROUND.

com199
12-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Oh and welcome to the forums.

Moenark
12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
i have the same bug and it also happened a couple times when i did a single assassination

Dynasty2021
12-08-2009, 03:54 AM
PS3 cleanliness, overheating etc etc has NOTHING to do with it.

I played Borderlands and Uncharted 2 almost all day yesterday (public holiday, woot) and didnt have a single problem.

Get into AC2, do a drop double-assassination on the first group of guards I come across and BAM, freeze. And thats a just-turned-on-a-few-minutes-ago cool PS3.

I could then play any other game for hours with no freezes after that.

So its an AC2 glitch. Ive got the 80GB version and have experienced the freezes about 6 or 7 times in my 23-odd hour playthrough.

Fenro
12-08-2009, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
and nothing happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, my ps3 doesnt freeze either...
i have the 40GB version.

TheEpicWolf
12-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I haven't had freezing when using the double assassination and i have the 40GB, don't know if that makes any difference.

caswallawn_2k7
12-08-2009, 08:00 AM
doesn't freeze on my 40gig either (altho mine is now 250gig)

also it could be a heat problem, AC2 is the only game that gets the fans going full in my PS3, and it get's to that state quite quick, seems to get there faster if you starting doing stuff like assassinations.

EzioAssassin51
12-09-2009, 02:01 AM
This happens to me all the time! once or twice once i did 4 doubles and then it froze!

Funny story actually: When i was getting the no hitter trophy and was doing the smoke bomb and assassinate strategy and i assassinated 2 guys in a row and the second lot were my 9th and tenth and i'm like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and then i heard the trophy sound and i'm like "woohoo!" I actually tried to only stab one but he stabbed the 2 instead!

That's a good WORKAROUND (com199): do a double and then a single and then another double! I THINK that would work

probert44
12-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry, little late, same thing was happening to me during the kill 10 guards without taking a hit. How i was able to get around it was, I went to tuscany with the last cape and ran by all the guards, with the instant noteriaty there were 30+ guards chasing and with tons of zig-zag streets i easily pulled it off. Smoke bomb double kill,single kill smoke bomb repeat. Someone made mention it was a cape glitch,I was trying forever in venice around the palace with all the guards but found it harder to keep 10+ guards on me probably because of the open space and gaurds catch you quick.I was doing double kills and freezing all the time so I tried double kill then performed a single kill because they cant see you x 3 and it worked. Also I see theres a patch out now so hopefully it works for you. peace

bcCoBHC
05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
the glitch has been patched.

Xanatos2007
05-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Misleading title, I thought you meant Ezio stabbing himself in the spleen.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but on the PC version you'll be tailing a target, he'll show as highlighted, but you're not target locked, and when you run up to kill him with the hidden blade, Ezio out of the blue will jump on a couple civilians that seem farther away than the target instead of killing him. Only way it seems you can be sure he doesn't do that is make the kill while walking.

So, out of curiosity, do you get the crash with 2 back to back double kills even when you're fast walking vs running? The action cam animation kicks in when he does a running kill, which usually results in a small leap at the target, knocking him down in the process. I have a feeling it's probably the PS3's lack of sufficient cache causing it because it probably requires streaming back to back death animations.

bokeef04
05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
if it's because of the PS3 how come they released a fix for the bug and not all PS3 owners suffered from it?

I've also been walking right behind a guard, went to stealth assassinate him only to have Ezio double assassinate 2 civilans

RipYourSpineOut
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't experienced ANY problems from AC2 since I bought it? I've never had trouble freezing when I double-assassinated to much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif .

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
I've also been walking right behind a guard, went to stealth assassinate him only to have Ezio double assassinate 2 civilans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah it seems the random attacking of civilains happens too often for it not to be a bug, esp when they're farther away and aren't highlighted. It makes Ezio look like a maniac no matter how hard you try to use stealth.

Pyxx
09-02-2010, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dynasty2021:
PS3 cleanliness, overheating etc etc has NOTHING to do with it.

I played Borderlands and Uncharted 2 almost all day yesterday (public holiday, woot) and didnt have a single problem.

Get into AC2, do a drop double-assassination on the first group of guards I come across and BAM, freeze. And thats a just-turned-on-a-few-minutes-ago cool PS3.

I could then play any other game for hours with no freezes after that.

So its an AC2 glitch. Ive got the 80GB version and have experienced the freezes about 6 or 7 times in my 23-odd hour playthrough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually experiencing this same exact thing, I just turned on my 80g Ps3 and started playing, I'm on an assassination mission and went to go pause the game then it just freezes up on me. My guess is that it has something to do with the Game Mechanics of pausing while in action of anything. The other thing I'm noticing is alot of FPS ( frame rates per second ) problems. I would be playing through some missions and as I'm rooftop running I would notice that my FPS severely goes from 60 fps to 2... that sux!! No freaking way my game should be doing this I'm not downloading anything in the background and I have plenty of memory space left on my system. So if anyone has some answers for me I would love to hear from them or even the Ubisoft or Sony Playstation Moderators. Ty for your time.

notafanboy
09-02-2010, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OSnailsO:
Check your settings... Make sure it's super white and the highest settings for EVERYTHING once it is like that your PS3 should not be freezing. If it keeps freezing blow inside of your PS3 and take better care of it
1. Clean it once every 2 weeks
2. Put your disks back in the case after use
3. Try not to set it facing up (For maximum efficiancy[sp] set it up horizontally) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>why did you bumb this !????? just download the patch !

JonnyQuickShot
09-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, necromancy is frowned upon....

Xanatos2007
09-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Ironic thread title...

primerib69
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
fasho