PDA

View Full Version : how to turnoff snap view?

AznKamiKazeKid
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I just reinstalled this sim and this is a noob question but i forgot how to turn off the view from snapping back into the center everytime i move the POV hat. I know most of you boys have trackir so you won't need to worry about this, i'm really trying to get one but parents are not letting me. Anyway, like i said the view keeps going back to the center everytime i move the POV hat around the cockpit as well as external. does Anyone still know how to turn it off so i can freely look around the cockpit without it going back to the center?

AznKamiKazeKid
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I just reinstalled this sim and this is a noob question but i forgot how to turn off the view from snapping back into the center everytime i move the POV hat. I know most of you boys have trackir so you won't need to worry about this, i'm really trying to get one but parents are not letting me. Anyway, like i said the view keeps going back to the center everytime i move the POV hat around the cockpit as well as external. does Anyone still know how to turn it off so i can freely look around the cockpit without it going back to the center?

WWSensei
07-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I think the default was F8 or F9 for toggling that behavior? I also think it is settable in the Controls as to what you want the toggle to be.

SlickStick
07-12-2006, 08:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
I think the default was F8 or F9 for toggling that behavior? I also think it is settable in the Controls as to what you want the toggle to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

F9 by default to toggle between Snap and Pan views. And as Sensei has said, it is assignable.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-13-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks guys, now i just got one more issue i hope you guys can solve. First, I am coming from a lock on fanboys as well as falcon, strange thing is, their external views work differently than the one in Il-2. For instance when you are in external view, if you move the mouse to the left, you actually see the right side of the aircraft. And moving up is looking at the belly of the aircraft. I want to invert the mouse movement (so when I move my mouse to the left, it would actually look at the left side of the aircraft much like the camera is revolving around it) but if i do, the mouse function in the cockpit gets screwed up. Moving the mouse up, down, left, right performs correctly in the cockpit but it works differently externally. I believe the game is designed so that the mouse moves the background rather than the aircraft. I know some of you are use to this movement so you might not notice it and you may think my head is upside down or something but i humbly ask is there a way to invert the mouse movement outside while keeping it to move the same in the cockpit.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh any another thing, how do you take screenshots? I keep pressing print screen but it doesn't go to a specific folder in the main il2 folder. Does this sim even have such a function?

MaxMhz
07-14-2006, 04:13 PM
You can't invert the mouse movement from the game - maybe your mouse software can.
Print screen takes a screen shot and places it in the /IL-2 Forgotten Battles/ folder as a grab000.tga where the number is a counter going up with each screenshot. tga (Targa) is a lossless format that needs converting to show on the web or in windows folders.IrfanView (http://irfaniew.com) is a free converter/viewer that can take screenshots in several graphics formats and save them to a location of your choosing.Jpg e.g. which is much smaller in size not filling up your HD as fast as the standard screenshots. It's much faster taking screenshots to and it's application independant.

berg417448
07-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Mine always went to the main folder and showed up as a TGA file....It has been while but I think they are named something like "Grab0001" and so on.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys, so no luck on the external mouse view? Don't you boys find it weird it goes in the opposite direction of your mouse or am i the only one that feels this way? I'm pretty sure some of you play falcon or lock on, those views work differently correct?

hamrtime
07-16-2006, 01:46 AM
I know of a good screenshot program that you can run in the background. BO shot. Here is a link to a guide on how to use it (although it's for another game, sorry bout that)

http://www.nf-guides.com/screenshots.htm

Hop that helps