PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition Load out

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Is it possible in PF to set the type of ammunition that my aircraft carries? If so how do I do it? Also, what types of ammo does PF simulate?

Example:
For argument's sake, let's say I'm flying an early model Corsair and I want my .50 caliber rounds to be a mixture of AP and incendiary, with tracers added to the last dozen or so per gun to give me a visual indication that I'm running out of ammo.

Thanks,
Tex

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Is it possible in PF to set the type of ammunition that my aircraft carries? If so how do I do it? Also, what types of ammo does PF simulate?

Example:
For argument's sake, let's say I'm flying an early model Corsair and I want my .50 caliber rounds to be a mixture of AP and incendiary, with tracers added to the last dozen or so per gun to give me a visual indication that I'm running out of ammo.

Thanks,
Tex

vapors201
08-16-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm no PF expert, but I don't think weapon loadouts with the details you are referring to are modeled in game. If it is I haven't seen it in any drop down menus within the game.

FritzGryphon
08-16-2005, 02:22 PM
No, you can't change the loadout.

PF simulates all types of rounds present in the belts, each having different AP, incendiary and explosive abilities.

IIRC, the M2 uses some AP, APT and even an explosive round in the mix. Somewhere theres a list of belts, but can't find it.

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-16-2005, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vapors201:
I'm no PF expert, but I don't think weapon loadouts with the details you are referring to are modeled in game. If it is I haven't seen it in any drop down menus within the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't be in a drop down menu, but I'm betting it's possible by making changes in the confi.ini or other similar file.

FritzGryphon
08-16-2005, 02:26 PM
No, nothing in the conf to change ammo types. Nada.

Oleg said there's no plans to model user selectable ammo in PF.

ClnlSandersLite
08-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Honestly I'm not sure how historical it would be even if it was available.

It would mean that some guy or guys would have to disasemble pre assembled belts and reassemble them to your desired specs.

I honestly believe such behaviour was fairly rare. Hell, I've read pilot accounts where they couldn't even get their gun convergence changed.

Even now, that **** just doesn't happen. Ask anyone who's ever carried an m-60, m-203, or m-2 about the availability of different belt loads. They'll most probably tell you that they had standard live issue, blanks, and c- none of the above. Hell, blanks are even hard to come by.

Kocur_
08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Umm...M203 belting? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
Ground crews had crank operated belting mashines quite often AFAIK.

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Grenade rounds do come belted when the launcher is mounted on a hummer or other vehicle.

This is not the case for the M203 though.

I have read accounts where squadron SOP was for only certain types of ammo to be carried. Some squadrons used tracers only in the last few rounds in order to give the pilot a visual cue that his ammo was almost out.

They removed the tracers in order to keep from alerting their target.

ClnlSandersLite
08-18-2005, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have read accounts where squadron SOP was for only certain types of ammo to be carried. Some squadrons used tracers only in the last few rounds in order to give the pilot a visual cue that his ammo was almost out.

They removed the tracers in order to keep from alerting their target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but that's squadron issue. In that case, the pilot still didn't have much if any choice.

Kocur_
08-18-2005, 10:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Grenade rounds do come belted when the launcher is mounted on a hummer or other vehicle.

This is not the case for the M203 though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OT, but are you absolutely positive you arent confusing M203 and Mk.19...?

JunkoIfurita
08-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Custom ammunition belting is a feature currently 'planned for Battle Over Britain'. We'll see. Once again, not exactly historically accurate, but then the kind of person who plays Need For Speed: Underground probably can't afford to change the paint job on his hot-rod that often, either.

----

Tex-Hill-AVG
08-19-2005, 08:12 AM
The M203 is a single fire personal weapon. You fire it then you have to reload. Thus it is not belt fed. http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/m203/

The MK19 is a grenade machine gun that is supposed to replace the M2, .50 caliber machine gun in some units. It's ammunition is belt fed.

Back on topic:
It is a historical fact that some squadrons had certain ammunition load outs for their aircraft. Granted, all countries may not have allowed this, but the fact is that some did give squadron commanders this leeway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Yeah, but that's squadron issue. In that case, the pilot still didn't have much if any choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's my computer doesn't that make me squadron C.O.? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kocur_
08-19-2005, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The M203 is a single fire personal weapon. You fire it then you have to reload. Thus it is not belt fed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what I meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kuna15
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
There were some rumours about custom ammo belt in BoB. We will see...

ClnlSandersLite
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Back on topic:
It is a historical fact that some squadrons had certain ammunition load outs for their aircraft. Granted, all countries may not have allowed this, but the fact is that some did give squadron commanders this leeway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Yeah, but that's squadron issue. In that case, the pilot still didn't have much if any choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's my computer doesn't that make me squadron C.O.? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In most cases no. I'd say that only in a campaign where you are actually squadron commander would this apply. In any other case, online DF as an example, no. I can just picture it now. Online, almost everyone will go full HE, or maybe HE and a couple of tracers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kocur_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The M203 is a single fire personal weapon. You fire it then you have to reload. Thus it is not belt fed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what I meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I screwed up. I meant either the M240 or the M249 SAW, I forget which. Yes, the m203 is single shot breach loaded grenade laucher with a few different round types. Point is that, with a very few exceptions, militarys do not allow the solders on the line to pick their ammo loads. Not even now. And they sure as **** don't allow guy to sit there and pick apart their ammo belts when on the line.