PDA

View Full Version : Devicelink

WB_Outlaw
06-19-2004, 10:15 AM
If possible and time allows, it would be nice to have the following information available via devicelink....

The altitude of the aircraft AGL
The altitude of the ground at a specific coordinate
The coordinates of the aircraft
The ability to damage the aircraft and systems

Thanks.

-Outlaw.

WB_Outlaw
06-19-2004, 10:15 AM
If possible and time allows, it would be nice to have the following information available via devicelink....

The altitude of the aircraft AGL
The altitude of the ground at a specific coordinate
The coordinates of the aircraft
The ability to damage the aircraft and systems

Thanks.

-Outlaw.

WWMaxGunz
06-19-2004, 10:46 PM
The ability to send start and stop commands to the Device, and not toggles but 1 key each.

Neal

Willey
06-20-2004, 05:32 PM
I'd like to have a TAS gauge also.

Not to mention online capability of the gauges http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

BaldieJr
06-20-2004, 07:28 PM
You can do some minor math to get TAS.

Online readability would be awesome.

Multiple controller "sets" per poll would be great.

Some optimizations would be nice because you REALLY have to limit how often you poll, otherwise the game slows to a crawl (AMD64 3200 here).

There are other things that would be nice, but I can't think of them at the momment.

lindyman
06-21-2004, 01:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
You can do some minor math to get TAS.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. We have to make assumptions on temperature for that. The only reasonable assumption we can make is ISA, but that is obviously not always correct (winter maps, for example.)

I too would like a TAS gauge.

Things like position and altitude AGL probably opens up a bit too much for unfair help programs.

I wholeheartedly agree on the optimisation issue. It's very easy to cause problems with device link. If nothing else, a simplistic overload control where it drops packets would help. I can't really understand why the protocol isn't binary. Parsing and generating string representations of floating point numbers is an unnecessary hit to take. A few bugs are worth ironing out too, like the inability to set multiple values in one request.
_
/Bjorn.

WWSensei
06-21-2004, 07:04 AM
Please add an Increment Flaps and Decrement Flaps command. This is a glaring missing command... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Currently, you can't do a thing with flaps. The Axis set doesn't work and the Flaps get returns the power axis!

Totally agree on the protocol needing to be changed from strings. Half my code is defensive coding because of the poor optimization of devicelink. A 32 bit integer could be used to send/receive 90% of this data and reduce the datastream by 75%-90%...