PDA

View Full Version : Il2 Birds of Prey

larschance
08-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Anyone tried the Birds of Prey console version yet. The box in my London Game Store didnt give much away and the assistant only said there were 40 planes and 3 levels of play. There are two types of play Arcade and Sim. The damage model has changed and there are 35 million detailed trees!
I only have a PC so wont be forking out for consoles jut for that much as I love al variants stroke add ons of this sim.

larschance
08-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Anyone tried the Birds of Prey console version yet. The box in my London Game Store didnt give much away and the assistant only said there were 40 planes and 3 levels of play. There are two types of play Arcade and Sim. The damage model has changed and there are 35 million detailed trees!
I only have a PC so wont be forking out for consoles jut for that much as I love al variants stroke add ons of this sim.

VW-IceFire
08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I played the demo...I wrote a longer review in another thread but it comes down to this - its not a bad game but I found only the arcade mode to be any fun. The simulation mode shows the shortcomings of the console controller.

Metatron_123
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
I wonder to what extent this could be remedied by using a proper joystick...

dobaksa
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
^^exactly... and i know ps3 has joysticks.

Stiletto-
09-01-2009, 10:47 PM
I know a guy who used an Xbox 360 controller for awhile in IL-2 on the PC and he did OK.. It's analog, it just very sensitive and not great.. But it isn't a button.

There is no way a P-51 should flip out the way it does, I dunno if my X52 will hook up to my PS3 and recognize the correct axis or anything.. But I'm guessing in the simulation mode, even with a good stick the P-51 is FUBAR'd.

It just felt very odd in the demo, maybe they will fix it. I thought the Spitfire dogged too much as well, but it was quite a bit better than the P-51.