PDA

View Full Version : Can't see objects (enemy armor) until I get close

DCO57
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Fellow Flyers,
My hardware setup is mediocre I realize - Pentium 3 with intergtarted video, however when I first started using this extra computer for gaming and program compilers (my other computer is my "main" PC and I use it for work, school, etc) it seemed like the video quality was sharp and fast, so I never bothered installing a video card. I'll be installing one soon, but I was wondering if settings would effect the fact that I usually can't see small objects like tanks until I get right on top of them - at which point its hard to adjust my angle of attack.
As I mentioned, my video quality seems so sharp and I have little or no stutter, delays, or freezes - so since the overall quality seems great - I can't see how the intergrated video can be effecting this one specific aspect (which is why it never seemed urgent to install the video card ASAP)
Thats why I'm wondering if it might be a setting. Would resolution have anything to do with it. Or in the settings, what if I turn down the quality of the landscape and clouds - will that let the video put more focus on objects?
Thanks in advance
DCO57

DCO57
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Fellow Flyers,
My hardware setup is mediocre I realize - Pentium 3 with intergtarted video, however when I first started using this extra computer for gaming and program compilers (my other computer is my "main" PC and I use it for work, school, etc) it seemed like the video quality was sharp and fast, so I never bothered installing a video card. I'll be installing one soon, but I was wondering if settings would effect the fact that I usually can't see small objects like tanks until I get right on top of them - at which point its hard to adjust my angle of attack.
As I mentioned, my video quality seems so sharp and I have little or no stutter, delays, or freezes - so since the overall quality seems great - I can't see how the intergrated video can be effecting this one specific aspect (which is why it never seemed urgent to install the video card ASAP)
Thats why I'm wondering if it might be a setting. Would resolution have anything to do with it. Or in the settings, what if I turn down the quality of the landscape and clouds - will that let the video put more focus on objects?
Thanks in advance
DCO57

-HH-Quazi
11-24-2007, 09:19 AM
1024x768 is the optimal resolution that this sim was setup for & is better for spotting ground objects imho. But since you are using onboard graphics, you may want to stay with 800x600 to keep your frame rates decent. With any resolution, make sure you keep your color at 32-bit, not 16-bit. For example if you are going to try to use 1024x768, go to Hardware Setup then go into Video Modes & choose 1024x768x32 for your resolution. Then whatever resolution you decide to keep, make sure you set your desktop to use the same resolution. If are using different resolutions between your game & your computer, sometimes this causes problems on computers, especially older ones.

Here are a few things you can try. At the games main screen go into Hardware Setup & click on Video Options. Set your Visibility Distance & Objects Lighting to High. And set your Objects Details to Excellent. Set your Landscape Lighting & Landscape Detail to Medium. And if clouds aren't a big deal for you set your Clouds to No Clouds. This will help you get better Frame Rates.

Then go out and fly a mission that you know there are ground objects to destroy & see if it works any better for you. Post back & let us know how it went.