PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous questions

Tomas_W
02-15-2006, 06:53 AM
1) Just tried to install the 4.03 merged patch, it went all ok until i encountered this message "CRC failed in fb_3do13.SFS
Unexpected end of archive".

Is there anything i can do besides the horrendously frustrating and time consuming(took more than three flippin' hours)option of downloadning the patch again and hope for one that works better?

2)There are no subfolders in the Skins folder for the new P-47 and Yak-7B from the 4.02m patch. What names should i give them when i create them?

I've noticed that they can't be flown in offline DGen campaigns by tampering with the planesXXX.dat files(i've used P_47D and YAK_7BPF )with my latest DGen.exe(i think it's the one that came just after 4.0 or 4.01)? Is there a special DGen.exe for 4.02m that i can download that makes them offline DGen campaign flyable?

When did they enter service?(don't want to be a "cheater")

Tomas_W
02-15-2006, 06:53 AM
1) Just tried to install the 4.03 merged patch, it went all ok until i encountered this message "CRC failed in fb_3do13.SFS
Unexpected end of archive".

Is there anything i can do besides the horrendously frustrating and time consuming(took more than three flippin' hours)option of downloadning the patch again and hope for one that works better?

2)There are no subfolders in the Skins folder for the new P-47 and Yak-7B from the 4.02m patch. What names should i give them when i create them?

I've noticed that they can't be flown in offline DGen campaigns by tampering with the planesXXX.dat files(i've used P_47D and YAK_7BPF )with my latest DGen.exe(i think it's the one that came just after 4.0 or 4.01)? Is there a special DGen.exe for 4.02m that i can download that makes them offline DGen campaign flyable?

When did they enter service?(don't want to be a "cheater")

Skycat_2
02-15-2006, 09:48 AM
1) I don't know what else to tell you except to try reinstalling the 4.03 patch? And if that doesn't work, I suppose you'll have to try downloading it again. Hmmmm.

2) Ian Boys released a DGen campaign for his NW Europe map and it includes the latest DGen.exe for the 'm' series. I don't know if it includes the Yak but it does allow you to fly the boosted P-47D. The campaign is available at Netwings in the missions/campaigns area.

Also, I saw very recently that a new version of DGen is in beta testing. I don't know how or when it will be released but I imagine it will have all the new planes in it.

Skycat_2
02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
The skin folder name for the boosted P-47D is "P-47D" (What a surprise, huh?). You can put any P-47D-27 texture into it.

Tomas_W
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
The skin folder name for the boosted P-47D is "P-47D" (What a surprise, huh?). You can put any P-47D-27 texture into it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the new Yak-7B?

Skycat_2
02-15-2006, 03:28 PM
It took me a few guesses to figure out the name of the "Yak-7B,1942" skin folder. It is:

Yak-7BPF

e2michaelb
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Do I understand correctly that there is no off-line campaign capability for the new aircraft in 4.03? If so, what's the point of installing it if one is exclusively an off-line flyer . . . like me? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

slo_one23
02-16-2006, 09:03 PM
micheal you should get online your missing so much.
yeah i know it dnt sound like much but then you go online its a freakin blast ...unless you only have pacific fighters in which case there only a few i'm one of them

Skycat_2
02-16-2006, 11:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by e2michaelb:
Do I understand correctly that there is no off-line campaign capability for the new aircraft in 4.03? If so, what's the point of installing it if one is exclusively an off-line flyer . . . like me? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1. You can fly them in the Quick Mission Builder.
2. You can build your own missions in Full Mission Builder.
3. You can wait until somebody makes some missions for the new planes and then download those.
4. You can download the UberQuick Mission Generator utility as soon as it is updated for 4.03m -- this application is like an advanced form of QMB because you can use any map to create dogfight scenarios and do some basic mission design.
5. At the beginning of next week the latest DGen.exe should be available. Once it is released, you can edit DGen campaigns to include the new aircraft.

Tomas_W
02-17-2006, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:

2) Ian Boys released a DGen campaign for his NW Europe map and it includes the latest DGen.exe for the 'm' series. I don't know if it includes the Yak but it does allow you to fly the boosted P-47D. The campaign is available at Netwings in the missions/campaigns area.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded it and "activated" the DGen.exe included. Added "P_47D" to the appropriate(in this case, planesUS9.dat)file. But it didn't work. Just that familiar "beeeeeep!" when i click "Generate" when i choose an "inappropriate" plane for my offline campaigns.

So, what did i do wrong?