PDA

View Full Version : potentiometer or hall effect sensor in X52 twist rudder axis?

fireflyz
07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if the X52 twist rudder axis uses a pot or a hall effect sensor? I pulled the pot from an old Cyborg stick, attached it to a home made rudder set, then conncet it back to the Cyborg stick. Wondering if I can connect this pot to the X52 stick, so that I don't have to plug both X52 and the Cyborg in and only use the rudder axis of the Cyborg.

fireflyz
07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if the X52 twist rudder axis uses a pot or a hall effect sensor? I pulled the pot from an old Cyborg stick, attached it to a home made rudder set, then conncet it back to the Cyborg stick. Wondering if I can connect this pot to the X52 stick, so that I don't have to plug both X52 and the Cyborg in and only use the rudder axis of the Cyborg.

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-27-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't know for sure but I think it's a pot, AFAIK the X and Y are the only axis with hall sensors.

K_Freddie
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
That's it.. Only the X/Y axis are contactless/Hall sensors.. You might have a problem matching the pot type, as the pots are usually the non-linear type, with only limited angular movement.
Contact Saitek, they're usually good at sending replacement pots.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

fireflyz
07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah. Maybe I should just leave it alone. Thanks, guys.

Sokol__1
07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
You can make a arrange with one plug connector like these used in stereo headphones in rear of X-52 base, so if you plug the external rudder, the internal is disable, if disconnect the internal, enable. Easy and cheap.

My 0,02$.

Sokol1

M_Gunz
07-27-2009, 09:26 PM
If you can get a part number then any decent electronics part catalog cross-reference will give you a match.
Digikey or many other part houses will do very well.

First thing to try though is just clean the pot with some tuner spray.

K_Freddie
07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
First thing to try though is just clean the pot with some tuner spray. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Carefull which spray you use.. it might 'eat' the pot and stick.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif