PDA

View Full Version : DEFINED: What is a DEMO?

TASKFORCE1x1
12-01-2004, 03:36 PM
1) An early, barely-functional version of a program which
can be used for demonstration purposes as long as the operator
uses *exactly* the right commands and skirts its numerous
bugs, deficiencies, and unimplemented portions.

2) A special version of a finished program (frequently with
some features crippled) which is distributed at little or no
cost to the user for enticement purposes.

The whole purpose of a demo is to convice people to buy SHIII.<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Now why do we need to do that when I'm convinced that everyone should be convinced by now with all the videos,screenshots, and reviews?</span>

We all know what we want SHIII now for. Its because SHIII is the best naval sim made to date and
will not be touched by any other software company for quite some time. (unless of course our great dev team makes us a SH4) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
12-01-2004, 03:36 PM
1) An early, barely-functional version of a program which
can be used for demonstration purposes as long as the operator
uses *exactly* the right commands and skirts its numerous
bugs, deficiencies, and unimplemented portions.

2) A special version of a finished program (frequently with
some features crippled) which is distributed at little or no
cost to the user for enticement purposes.

The whole purpose of a demo is to convice people to buy SHIII.<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Now why do we need to do that when I'm convinced that everyone should be convinced by now with all the videos,screenshots, and reviews?</span>

We all know what we want SHIII now for. Its because SHIII is the best naval sim made to date and
will not be touched by any other software company for quite some time. (unless of course our great dev team makes us a SH4) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HeibgesU999
12-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I think the demo is not so much meant to convince the "hardcore" subsimmer, but that elusive creature the "casual gamer".