PDA

View Full Version : Missiondistance=0

lkemling
12-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Where in the conf ini does this line go in order to shorten the mission distances??

ZG77_Lignite
12-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I believe anywhere is fine, however I think the convention is to place it at the end, under a tag such as [DGen] (notice the square brackets, however I don't think they are important). Also remember that the Conf.ini is case sensitive, put the capital letters in the correct locations; for example MissionDistance=0

DD_NL
12-04-2004, 01:56 PM
For some people the DGEN campaigns can be a bit heavy on their computers (like mine) so you can add the following to the bottom of your conf.ini file:

[DGen]
NoAirfieldHighlight
RandomFlights=2
MissionDistance=30
CampaignMissions=Hard
CampaignAI=Easy
CampaignLength=Short
AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low

Da11en47
12-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Is there really a Missiondistance=30, if so what does this mean. Shorter distances between waypoints???

Maj_Death
12-04-2004, 02:32 PM
The mission distance line is where you choose your prefered mission distance (from base). For example, missiondistance=30 will cause the generator to attempt to give you targets 30km away from your home base. However if no targets are near that range, then it will go with any availible target area's (even those 600km away). Missiondistance=0 will make the generator attempt to do missions over your own base. I have never tried such a low setting but my guess is it will result in default mission distances cause that setting is too low for it to use.

All the custom tags for the campaign and graphics go at the end of conf.ini. The order does not matter.

DD_NL
12-04-2004, 02:44 PM
From Starshoy:

OK, here is the first draft.

MissionDistance= (0-300)

In FB - prefered mission distance in km
In PF - any value means that carriers are located in shorter than historical distance on maps where it is important - Hawaii, Midway, Marianas.

SlowFire=(0.5-100, default 5)

In PF only - ship rate of fire is reduced.

RandomFlights=(0-5) FB only - a maximal number of random flights.

MaxFLAK=(0-100)

FB only - maximal number of AAA en route, does not affect target area.

MaxBomberSkill=(0-3)
PF and FB - max skill level of bombers.

CampaignLength=(Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort", default VeryLong)
FB only - allows to reduce a number of missions in campaign.

CampaignDifficulty=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF
same as simultaneously setting CampaignAI and CampaignMissions

CampaignAI=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF changes default distribution of AI skill by modifying friendly and hostile AI levels.

CampaignMissions=(Hard,Normal,Easy)
FB and PF (no files for PF yet)
Switches to alternative set of ops files, modifying numbers of friendly and hostile flights.

OperationVictory=
OperationDefeat=

PF only
sets numbers of points after which an operation is considered success or failure, calling alternative debrief.

WarVictory=
WarDefeat=

PF only

sets numbers of points after which a war is considered won or lost calling alternative end of war missions.

NoActiveFrontline

BoE only
Removes additional units active around frontline.

NoBadWeather

FB and PF
Prevents bad weather (thunderstorm, rain, snow)

NoAirfieldHighlight

FB and PF
Removes AAA on airfields that are not used in current operation, thus preventing their highligthin on a map (giving away active airfields).

UseParkedPlanes
Murmansk only.

Player's plane initial airfield is defined by parked static planes.

UseParachutes

PF only
Allows Japanese to use chutes since start of the war.

AirIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies group size. In PF also modifies a number of random flights.

GroundIntensity=(High,Medium,Low)

Modifies areas where moving and static targets are located. On Low only creates them around active airfields and target area. On Medium there is a limit of 3 moving targets except in target area.

Da11en47
12-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for that. Helped me alot.

Nealg
12-04-2004, 04:03 PM
I didn't see it mentioned here, so to avoid any possible confusion: The MissionDistance setting has no effect on Pacific Fighters unless you have Starshoy's DGen Beta 3.1.2.5 or 3.1.2.6 installed.

It is valid, however, for any Campaigns in Forgotten Battles/AEP.

You probably knew this already, but just in case someone else reads this thread and doesn't have the beta DGen and expects it to work for Pacific Fighters. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TonyPiech
12-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Another question.

If I change my [DGen] settings will the effect of the change ocurr in future activity of campaigns already running or will it affect only newly established campaigns?

Freycinet
12-05-2004, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nealg:
I didn't see it mentioned here, so to avoid any possible confusion: The MissionDistance setting has no effect on Pacific Fighters unless you have Starshoy's DGen Beta 3.1.2.5 or 3.1.2.6 installed.

It is valid, however, for any Campaigns in Forgotten Battles/AEP.

You probably knew this already, but just in case someone else reads this thread and doesn't have the beta DGen and expects it to work for Pacific Fighters. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And with that beta it only works with Pearl Harbour and Midway campaigns. However, Starshoy is rapidly working on churning out other campaigns where it works, since it has been requested by so many.

For the moment, the actual missiondistance entered doesn't matter: any number will give you a map with fixed short distances.

ZG77_Lignite
12-05-2004, 01:15 PM
TonyPiech, the changes will take effect with the next generated Mission (not the one that is currently in the 'que', ie allready created). It is not normally necessary to start a whole new campaign.

lkemling
12-05-2004, 08:41 PM
BUMP!

F4U_Flyer
12-05-2004, 09:27 PM
cool stuff there! Is there a listing out there that has all of the config ini's listed and what they do for the different versions ie ( PF/standalone , fb/ace , fb/ace/pf ). If not it would make a relly helpful addon! If yes , where would one find it? Thanks !