PDA

View Full Version : Every Reason Why Brotherhood is a Disappointment. (spoilers, obviously)

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Like the title says, obviously there will be spoilers here.

Now, to start off I enjoyed Brotherhood. I thought it was a lot like AC2 but it was still fun. But I was expecting an amazing game, and I was disappointed.

Here are all the reasons why it was disappointing:
-Sometimes when you assassinate someone your blade and sometimes your whole hand either goes through their head or sometimes even misses their head entirely. You would think after making 2 AC games before this they would figure out how to fix that.

-Length of the game. It was really short. UbiGabe tweeted once that it would be 20 hours minimum, as in if you just go straight through it without any side quests it would be 20 hours. I did a lot of side quests, replayed memories a couple times to get full sync, destroyed all the towers and bla bla bla but it probably took me about 12 hours.

-Missions. I have to admit, the Leonardo machines were an amazing addition to the game. I absolutely loved all of them. But, I'm talking about the main missions. They were for the most part boring and super easy, even with full sync. Also I felt like I was doing the same thing every single mission.
In AC1, the main missions were amazing. They actually included stealth and they were sometimes pretty hard. AC2 and ACB both lacked a true element of stealth (except for a couple missions) in my opinion.

-The ending. Not just the Minerva stuff at the end, but the ending of killing Cesare and when Cesare kills the Pope. The build-up to killing Cesare was random and boring. Controlling the Apple was pretty cool, but the whole running around some random city thing was stupid. And then you end it the same way both of the other AC games ended, fighting the boss in a boring and repetitive fight.
Also, it never explained why Cesare could not be "murdered by man" or whatever. Maybe I just missed that, but it seems like it could have explained that pretty easily.

-This one is pretty much the same as the last bullet point, except focusing more on the end of the ending. Ubisoft tried WAY to hard to make the ending of ACB like AC2. AC2's ending was incredible, such an amazing plot twist. But ACB's ending was too overdone in my opinion. And why did Desmond kill Lucy? Cmon, no one likes cliffhangers Ubisoft and that really just bothers me.

-Lastly, the Multiplayer is great, but sometimes it takes 20 minutes to join a game. This is understandable considering this is the first AC game with multiplayer, but still I would really like to not have to wait so long inbetween games.

So I guess that concludes my rant. Probably most people won't bother to read the whole thing or even reply to it, but at least I feel better after typing all of this out.

P.S. It was still a good game and I liked it, but I LOVED the other AC games.

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Like the title says, obviously there will be spoilers here.

Now, to start off I enjoyed Brotherhood. I thought it was a lot like AC2 but it was still fun. But I was expecting an amazing game, and I was disappointed.

Here are all the reasons why it was disappointing:
-Sometimes when you assassinate someone your blade and sometimes your whole hand either goes through their head or sometimes even misses their head entirely. You would think after making 2 AC games before this they would figure out how to fix that.

-Length of the game. It was really short. UbiGabe tweeted once that it would be 20 hours minimum, as in if you just go straight through it without any side quests it would be 20 hours. I did a lot of side quests, replayed memories a couple times to get full sync, destroyed all the towers and bla bla bla but it probably took me about 12 hours.

-Missions. I have to admit, the Leonardo machines were an amazing addition to the game. I absolutely loved all of them. But, I'm talking about the main missions. They were for the most part boring and super easy, even with full sync. Also I felt like I was doing the same thing every single mission.
In AC1, the main missions were amazing. They actually included stealth and they were sometimes pretty hard. AC2 and ACB both lacked a true element of stealth (except for a couple missions) in my opinion.

-The ending. Not just the Minerva stuff at the end, but the ending of killing Cesare and when Cesare kills the Pope. The build-up to killing Cesare was random and boring. Controlling the Apple was pretty cool, but the whole running around some random city thing was stupid. And then you end it the same way both of the other AC games ended, fighting the boss in a boring and repetitive fight.
Also, it never explained why Cesare could not be "murdered by man" or whatever. Maybe I just missed that, but it seems like it could have explained that pretty easily.

-This one is pretty much the same as the last bullet point, except focusing more on the end of the ending. Ubisoft tried WAY to hard to make the ending of ACB like AC2. AC2's ending was incredible, such an amazing plot twist. But ACB's ending was too overdone in my opinion. And why did Desmond kill Lucy? Cmon, no one likes cliffhangers Ubisoft and that really just bothers me.

-Lastly, the Multiplayer is great, but sometimes it takes 20 minutes to join a game. This is understandable considering this is the first AC game with multiplayer, but still I would really like to not have to wait so long inbetween games.

So I guess that concludes my rant. Probably most people won't bother to read the whole thing or even reply to it, but at least I feel better after typing all of this out.

P.S. It was still a good game and I liked it, but I LOVED the other AC games.

yly3
11-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I agree with the ending. Ubisoft needs to raise the level up , take some time maybe 2 years to develop AC3. We need mindblowingness lol

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
I agree with the ending. Ubisoft needs to raise the level up , take some time maybe 2 years to develop AC3. We need mindblowingness lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I think they rushed ACB a little bit. Some mindblowingness would be great haha

Radman500
11-20-2010, 12:37 PM
so you dont like the minerva stuff

why did you bother getting brotherhood.. if u knew minerva was gonna be there.....

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
so you dont like the minerva stuff

why did you bother getting brotherhood.. if u knew minerva was gonna be there..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I clearly said that I enjoyed the game.. And I loved it in AC2, they just overdid it in ACB

Radman500
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I clearly said that I enjoyed the game.. And I loved it in AC2, t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how did they "overdid" it???

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I clearly said that I enjoyed the game.. And I loved it in AC2, t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how did they "overdid" it??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The very end. All of the random ancient alien ruins and finding that huge room where the apple is, I thought was way overdone and didn't really make too much sense

Radman500
11-20-2010, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thecasecloser:

how did they "overdid" it??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The very end. All of the random ancient alien ruins and finding that huge room where the apple is, I thought was way overdone and didn't really make too much sense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

alright well let me explain

-first off there not aliens, there simply a ancient advanced race that came before humanity.. they created humanity and uses POE to control humans

- in the AC world.. the world started off highly advanced.. then the doomsday thing with the sun basically wiped it out.. destroyed everything and turned the world into how our real world started..

- minerva is part of a highly advanced race.. of course they can create ancinet ruins

seriously though if you dont like the SCI-FI aspect of AC i dont reccomend AC3...

yly3
11-20-2010, 01:03 PM
What he means is what I also said in my topic. He is not "offended" by having Minerva there. I didn't like the fact that they basically didn't reveal anything new (or least it's verry hidden within words). We knew there were temples to be found but I wanted Minerva to say something new about TOWCB or related instead of calling Desmond a n00b .

Radman500
11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
What he means is what I also said in my topic. He is not "offended" by having Minerva there. I didn't like the fact that they basically didn't reveal anything new (or least it's verry hidden within words). We knew there were temples to be found but I wanted Minerva to say something new about TOWCB or related instead of calling Desmond a n00b . </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i mean if you dont like the sci-fi aspect of AC dont continue bothering AC3..

i mean ac2... they introduce a major character minerva.. and you guys expect her to just well not be there

sry not gonna happen

yly3
11-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I remember my days of Matrix franchise "fanboyism" included the books so trust me , I feel like home when it comes to AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Face it, this is just an expansion pack. A very big and good one

shanethebouncer
11-20-2010, 01:32 PM
What he means is what I also said in my topic. He is not "offended" by having Minerva there. I didn't like the fact that they basically didn't reveal anything new (or least it's verry hidden within words). We knew there were temples to be found but I wanted Minerva to say something new about TOWCB or related instead of calling Desmond a n00b . </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i mean if you dont like the sci-fi aspect of AC dont continue bothering AC3..

i mean ac2... they introduce a major character minerva.. and you guys expect her to just well not be there

sry not gonna happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

listen here skippy their not saying they hate minerva they are just saying she was over used in this game/sequel so chill out buddy.

thecasecloser
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanethebouncer:

sry not gonna happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

listen here skippy their not saying they hate minerva they are just saying she was over used in this game/sequel so chill out buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, I never said I hated Minerva. I actually said that I really liked the ending with Minerva in AC2.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I was VERY dissapointed on the last boss fight. I wanted all the missions I did to make Cesare run and use his last resort. Not get arrested for incest and then fight him some place.
I was hoping the last boss fight would require your assassins. The assassins were a GREAT addition, but they were almost never needed.

I was thinking maybe their is a huge army with Cesare. You kill a lot of people with your assassins and then chase Cesare and have a GOOD fight.

Pleko_Twist
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Your complaints suck.

Geo88
11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
I was VERY dissapointed on the last boss fight. I wanted all the missions I did to make Cesare run and use his last resort. Not get arrested for incest and then fight him some place.
I was hoping the last boss fight would require your assassins. The assassins were a GREAT addition, but they were almost never needed.

I was thinking maybe their is a huge army with Cesare. You kill a lot of people with your assassins and then chase Cesare and have a GOOD fight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, the last boss fight was a bit disappointing, although my stupidity made it a lot harder than it needed to be. I didn't repair my armor before I left for Viana (I didn't realize it was ready to break), so after two falls, half of my health was blocked out. That made the fight a lot more tense.

But I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Ubisoft is trying to tie all of these real life events in with a behind the scenes power struggle, and sometimes, there just isn't a whole lot going on that they can use. Cesare Borgia really did die in the siege of Viana, Spain in 1507. The last few missions to get there felt really rushed, and I was very disappointed in the Apple's power, but I'm still impressed with how they tied, and continue to tie, all these fairly unrelated events together.

Regardless, some more buildup would've been nice. Maybe Ezio goes around Italy and builds up the Assassins' Guild some more or works at weakening the Papal States.

Also, I definitely agree that our recruits should've been involved in the last battle. I mean, the game's start menu cinematic (the one that shows if you leave your controller alone for a few minutes) have your Assassins quickly and silently murdering the Borgia guards as they're about to kill Ezio before squaring off with the Papal brutes. I wanted to play that scene!

Regardless, like most people here, I liked the game overall. I think it was definitely more than an expansion pack, though maybe after the shattering disappointments of Halo: Reach and The Force Unleashed II's campaigns, my expectations have been lowered drastically.

And as for the ending, it made me think a lot more than the other games did. It really didn't make a whole lot of sense to me that Lucy needed to be sacrificed in order to unlock Desmond's sixth sense, but maybe it'll be clear in the next game.

nullstatic
11-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Desmond was forced to kill Lucy because she was a strong love interest for him but not the RIGHT love interest--a major distraction.

Both Minerva and Subject 16 tell Desmond that his role in all of this that Adam must reunite with Eve.

Black_Widow9
11-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>