PDA

View Full Version : Pacific War Series for HBO!

Plunkertx
12-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey folks,
My first post here.

I was wondering if you guys knew that there is a new "Band of Brothers" Series coming to TV? This time, it will be in the Pacific, not Europe and will have nothing to do with the original "Band of Brothers" except that it will be written by SOME of the same writers.

They start filming this summer, but check out some of the campaigns that they will be featuring in the series:
Pearl Habor, Midway, Guadalcanal, Hiroshima, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, etc.

Also, the series will follow a USO troupe who travel the Pacific trying to keep Allied soldiers entertained and morally up beat about the war. By doing this, the writers will be able to interwine through various soldiers and civilians who are caught in the conflict. We'll see the stories of cooks, nurses, pilots, infantry, and many others. Their are rumors that the characters will be much more diverse than before, and therefore we'll probably see main characters that are Hispanic, Irish, British, African American, etc.

There is a website already here: http://www.upcomingepics.com/pacific_war/

Anyone looking forward to it? Because of UBI's Pacific Fighters game, I am definitely interested in seeing this campaign!

Plunkertx
12-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey folks,
My first post here.

I was wondering if you guys knew that there is a new "Band of Brothers" Series coming to TV? This time, it will be in the Pacific, not Europe and will have nothing to do with the original "Band of Brothers" except that it will be written by SOME of the same writers.

They start filming this summer, but check out some of the campaigns that they will be featuring in the series:
Pearl Habor, Midway, Guadalcanal, Hiroshima, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, etc.

Also, the series will follow a USO troupe who travel the Pacific trying to keep Allied soldiers entertained and morally up beat about the war. By doing this, the writers will be able to interwine through various soldiers and civilians who are caught in the conflict. We'll see the stories of cooks, nurses, pilots, infantry, and many others. Their are rumors that the characters will be much more diverse than before, and therefore we'll probably see main characters that are Hispanic, Irish, British, African American, etc.

There is a website already here: http://www.upcomingepics.com/pacific_war/

Anyone looking forward to it? Because of UBI's Pacific Fighters game, I am definitely interested in seeing this campaign!

lkemling
12-16-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm more excited about that promo for WAR OF THE WORLDS! Remember seeing the original at the theater when i was just a tyke'hope they don't screw it uplike many other remakes.

malkuth
12-16-2004, 06:26 PM
LOL, Screw it up.. LOL this is Hollywood we are talking about here!!! Screwing it up is what they are best at. Oh Actually Screwing it up is just under the Constant Lies, and Falshoods they try to sell.

MiamiEagle
12-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Yes I am very interested in series of that kind. Why not? . There has never been series or Movie that accurately resented the ground war in the Pacific. They all have come out short of reality. None have shown the fear of the night fight fighting or the thirst and hunger. The loneliness of not seen your families for years and not having a female to at least to talk too. The reality of having to fight a enemy that fought until his was killed. Lets not forget the insects and tropical diseases that the allies soldiers had to face as well. This are only some of the terrible conditions that our troops had to face in this Thearter of war.
their have been a few good Naval Movies on the Pacific before but non the the ground war. Tora Tora and Midway are some of few on the Naval aspect on that theater that I consider very good movies.
On the Europen Theater too . Their were very few movies that really capture the true nature of the fighting on that Theater war as well. Until Saving private Ryan, Band of brother and one Bridge too far came out . Yes I hope they do a good job of representing the Marines as they did for the 101. If they do get to finish such a ambitious project . I have every intention of supporting it. I hope they are successful.
I hope all our members will support them as well.
Miamieagle

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-17-2004, 08:23 AM
The original Band of Brothers was done and based on real names, dates, times and was spared no cost for production. The result was one of the best mini-series ever done IMO.

I have a tendency to think that a "made for TV" special or mini-series just wouldn't have the same polish and quality that the original has.

I'll still watch it of course, just a couple concerns.

And to reply to a statement made earlier. I won't watch it as a result of 1C's game Pacific Fighters...rather, I bought and play PF as a result of my interest in such things already.

TB