PDA

View Full Version : New to Assassin's Creed 2



Ultima12
06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
I played Assassin's Creed 1 when it first came out 2 years ago. I very much enjoyed the game but I felt it was way too repetitive. So when part 2 came out I didn't get it right away because I just didn't feel like doing all of that again. Well, I just picked up Assassin's Creed 2 about a week ago and wow is it awesome!!! I love it!! Everything that I did like about the 1st one was perfected this time around without all of the repetitive feelings!! I love it and I can't wait for Brotherhood!! There are so many awesome possibilities for multiplayer in the game. I can't wait to see what it ends up being. Plus, when most online games are shooters anymore I'm really excited to play something unique!! By the way, has anyone heard about when PSN is getting the beta??!!
P.S. Please don't put any spoilers on this post. I'm still not done with the game and it is so story heavy that a spoiler would really ruin my experience.

Ultima12
06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
I played Assassin's Creed 1 when it first came out 2 years ago. I very much enjoyed the game but I felt it was way too repetitive. So when part 2 came out I didn't get it right away because I just didn't feel like doing all of that again. Well, I just picked up Assassin's Creed 2 about a week ago and wow is it awesome!!! I love it!! Everything that I did like about the 1st one was perfected this time around without all of the repetitive feelings!! I love it and I can't wait for Brotherhood!! There are so many awesome possibilities for multiplayer in the game. I can't wait to see what it ends up being. Plus, when most online games are shooters anymore I'm really excited to play something unique!! By the way, has anyone heard about when PSN is getting the beta??!!
P.S. Please don't put any spoilers on this post. I'm still not done with the game and it is so story heavy that a spoiler would really ruin my experience.

EmperorxZurg
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
the beta should probably be out sometime in July if my guesses are right. No real date yet. And you'll love the ending to AC2, pure epicness....with more questions being left for answering

Ultima12
07-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Awesome!! Can't wait!!!!

Ru1986
07-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Just out of interest how far have you got with the game? Dont worry no intention of spoiling anything for you buddy.

Ultima12
07-01-2010, 05:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Just out of interest how far have you got with the game? Dont worry no intention of spoiling anything for you buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! I just assassinated Stefano da Bagnone. I had to look that name up, it's very hard remembering all of these names. I just love this game!! I'm trying to finish it before any beta comes out for Brotherhood. I want to be completely ready to go. By the way, how are the 2 DLC's for this game. Are they worth picking up??

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Posted Sun July 04 2010 05:27 Hide Post
Got a Quest. According to this site
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Times

It is suspected that the part of Assassin's Creed in the present takes place in Italy, considering that the outside of the hideout looks almost exactly like Florence in Ezio's time, and that the underground parking lot in Abstergo and the Assassin's hideout have signs that have words in Italian, including "sezione", which means "section" in English. In Abstergo's garage there are signs in Italian saying "Parcheggio reservato" meaning "Reserved parking" and "Altezza totale" meaning "Altitude". In the end of Assassins Creed II Lucy says that they can hide out in a cabin north and Rebecca later says that it's a long drive

WHERE are the signs in italian and where is the hideout looks like Florence?? Can somebody show me ingamepictures? Because i dont see.

jimbo11235813
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UBOSOFT-Gamer:
Posted Sun July 04 2010 05:27 Hide Post
Got a Quest. According to this site
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Times

It is suspected that the part of Assassin's Creed in the present takes place in Italy, considering that the outside of the hideout looks almost exactly like Florence in Ezio's time, and that the underground parking lot in Abstergo and the Assassin's hideout have signs that have words in Italian, including "sezione", which means "section" in English. In Abstergo's garage there are signs in Italian saying "Parcheggio reservato" meaning "Reserved parking" and "Altezza totale" meaning "Altitude". In the end of Assassins Creed II Lucy says that they can hide out in a cabin north and Rebecca later says that it's a long drive

WHERE are the signs in italian and where is the hideout looks like Florence?? Can somebody show me ingamepictures? Because i dont see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please don't change the topic of the thread. Next time use the find button or create a new thread if that doesn't work. Its unfair on the OP if you hijack a thread.

Just to answer your question, you can find them just outside the room with the animus and around the warehouse.


Now as for the 2 DLC, they add a little bit of story. The first one is ok, a bit too short. But the second one is good, with a good number of missions. IMO they're worth getting if you can afford it (they're not that expensive). If you want the Templar Lairs that are included with the second DLC as well, make sure you purchase the DLC that specifically says "...with Templar Lairs", or something like that as there is a version without them for those who got the black edition.

Account_Deleted
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
oh ultima,
welcome to the forums :P

Ru1986
07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultima121980:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Just out of interest how far have you got with the game? Dont worry no intention of spoiling anything for you buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! I just assassinated Stefano da Bagnone. I had to look that name up, it's very hard remembering all of these names. I just love this game!! I'm trying to finish it before any beta comes out for Brotherhood. I want to be completely ready to go. By the way, how are the 2 DLC's for this game. Are they worth picking up?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


mmmmm My favorite part of the game (barDLC) is the bit in Tuscany is Stefano your last conspiritor or have you done it in the correct order meaning he is third on the list. Hope this doesn't spoil anything for you but there is an order in which the Pazzi conspirtors are ment to fall. It doesn't have any baring on any outcomes in the game but if you read the book Ezio has a reason for doing it in the order he does. The DLC's are not essential and you can still complete the game without them not missing much but i would say if you want to understand the storyline more, meet more characters and generally have the whole experience last a bit longer (its just more of the same but if that s what you enjoy i know i do then its well worth it). I personally couldnt play the game without DLC now as i think its such a essential element to the story but its up to you Savanorolla was a real character and its good to meet him he was also completley mad creats some laughs though. And Caterina Sforza is great too.

Well let me know how you get on and your opinnions on things and hope you enjoy the rest of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

John21172117
07-06-2010, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultima121980:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Just out of interest how far have you got with the game? Dont worry no intention of spoiling anything for you buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! I just assassinated Stefano da Bagnone. I had to look that name up, it's very hard remembering all of these names. I just love this game!! I'm trying to finish it before any beta comes out for Brotherhood. I want to be completely ready to go. By the way, how are the 2 DLC's for this game. Are they worth picking up?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well The DLC's are a little short in my opinion. But if you really like AC:2 You should get it. I loved both of them but the length bothered me.

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 05:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
Now as for the 2 DLC, they add a little bit of story. The first one is ok, a bit too short. But the second one is good, with a good number of missions. IMO they're worth getting if you can afford it (they're not that expensive). If you want the Templar Lairs that are included with the second DLC as well, make sure you purchase the DLC that specifically says "...with Templar Lairs", or something like that as there is a version without them for those who got the black edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. The Forli missions were pretty lame, but hearing and watching Caterina rant like a sailor's banshee was enough to make it worthwhile -- at least in my crude-loving opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bonfires on the Vanity is tons of fun from the standpoint of gameplay and length.

If you're gonna get the DLC, get it sooner than later. Some have run into serious, game-breaking glitches if they install them too late in the game. In fact, ideally you'd want to install them before starting a new game.