PDA

View Full Version : Hoorah! Caught up with community at last!

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm a happy man...

After wandering the streets looking for when FB came out slightly cheaper than the ‚£34.99 it RRPs at, i found it yesterday for a mere 20 of Liz's finest!

I'm not disappointed - everyone who answered my queries was right. It's a big improvement on IL2. There are one or two things which I have noticed already, such as the crappy sound in 109s and 190s, plus no rear view mirrors or landing lights, but i'm far too busy trying to re-learn to fly (and fight) in the new planes (so many!) to notice just yet. And the new skins! Magnifique!

Anyone got a very quick tip for CEM? I know how to use it (pilot IRL) but just looking for some optimum settings (cruise etc). Oh, and is there any way to fix the sound? I must admit that since i didn't have FB til yesterday I kind of ignored all tech related stuff on it...

Must shoot down more germans...

Sm

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm a happy man...

After wandering the streets looking for when FB came out slightly cheaper than the ‚£34.99 it RRPs at, i found it yesterday for a mere 20 of Liz's finest!

I'm not disappointed - everyone who answered my queries was right. It's a big improvement on IL2. There are one or two things which I have noticed already, such as the crappy sound in 109s and 190s, plus no rear view mirrors or landing lights, but i'm far too busy trying to re-learn to fly (and fight) in the new planes (so many!) to notice just yet. And the new skins! Magnifique!

Anyone got a very quick tip for CEM? I know how to use it (pilot IRL) but just looking for some optimum settings (cruise etc). Oh, and is there any way to fix the sound? I must admit that since i didn't have FB til yesterday I kind of ignored all tech related stuff on it...

Must shoot down more germans...

Sm

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 11:35 AM
You should download the 1.1b patch.

"I find your lack of brains disturbing"
http://ourworld.cs.com/Demolisher%20SWE/signature01.jpg
Former W√ľrgerwhiner extraordinaire

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 12:49 PM
Rear view mirrors do work in FB. If you happen to flying a plane that has one, you can use a key (don't remember which one though) to toggle the reflection in the mirror.
Landing lights work as well, but only on planes that have them.