PDA

View Full Version : IL2 FB Gold + PF ?

indylavi
01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey guys. I bought PF and convinced my friend to at least buy IL2 FB Gold. I tried the search but couldn't find any answer and I keep getting a board error for some reason.

I was wondering if I have the IL2FB+AEP+PF merged install could he join my server if he only has the IL2FB+AEP installed? I know he won't have access to the added maps and things. Or will I have to just install two copies of the game? Thanks

indylavi
01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey guys. I bought PF and convinced my friend to at least buy IL2 FB Gold. I tried the search but couldn't find any answer and I keep getting a board error for some reason.

I was wondering if I have the IL2FB+AEP+PF merged install could he join my server if he only has the IL2FB+AEP installed? I know he won't have access to the added maps and things. Or will I have to just install two copies of the game? Thanks

LEBillfish
01-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Nope, anyone who plays on a server must have the "exact" same version.....Part of the reason for this is so they can see all of the items such as other planes etc., another so that "hacked" versions cannot be used.

In otherwords, if you have IL2FB+AEP+PF and he has the same, but one of you is patched to 3.02, the other to 3.04...then you cannot play on the same server.

All aspects as to levels of the sim and patch levels must be the same...

IL2FB = 1.0, and I believe was patched to 1.04
IL2FB+AEP = 2.0, and was patched up to 2.04
PF = 3.0, and is currently patched up to 3.04
IL2FB+AEP+PF = 3.0m currently patched up to 3.04m

indylavi
01-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Alright thanks. All the different patch versions can be a bit confusing. Some games have it to where the others (of the same patch version) can join your server but if a map or mission uses any addon feature those without it are kicked. No problem I'll just create a FB+AEP install and a full install. Thanks again and here's hoping his wife will let him spend another $40 so he can get PF http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
01-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Yep, just FB+AEP+PF version 3.04 and you can play with the rest of us....impressive number of scenarios and planes to be flown as well. Its really cool that way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif