PDA

View Full Version : Deck gun windspeed limits

Tomas_W
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Is there a way i can change the maximum windspeed where the deck gun can be manned?

Tomas_W
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Is there a way i can change the maximum windspeed where the deck gun can be manned?

Silva_Bullet
07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
I think theres's a file you edit, but I'm not sure which one... It's been on the forum before, do a search on "deck gun in bad weather" or something.

Bas_B1983
07-13-2006, 01:58 AM
You'll have to install patch 1.4b. Find it on the game updates area on this site.
After that you can change the storm conditions defenition for your specific type of U-boat in the following CFG File: SHIII/data/submarine/yourtypeofboat/yourtypeofboat.cfg. Default definition is 7 knots, change it to what you prefer.

Werner_U-292
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Will this work for multiplayer or corrupt the game?

Realjambo
07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
50/50 give it a go I'd say

Foehammer-1
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I changed it to 15kts and rain intensity (1). it works with multiplayer, yes

Kittenkat
03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
I changed it to 15kts and rain intensity (1). it works with multiplayer, yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi...
How do you change the rain intensity thingie? The deckgun was easy: change the 7 to a 20. But I don't know how to change the rain.
Thanks (anyone).

Kittenkat
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> following CFG File: SHIII/data/submarine/yourtypeofboat/yourtypeofboat.cfg. Default definition is 7 knots, change it to what you prefer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi...in case you happen to read this at this late date: how do you change the rain thing? The 7 was easy, but there are two numbers [0,1] for the rain. Foehammer said he put 1 in somewhere, but where?
Thanks for any help...my nephew and I love this game now that he can shoot the gun in a storm. He loves going underwater while at his 'deckgun post' as he calls it. He would now like to shoot it in the rain.
Oh...and how close can he get to a ship without getting damaged when it blows up?
Thanks again.

VikingGrandad
03-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Welcome aboard Kittenkat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The info after the semi-colon is just explanatory notes. The only bit you need to change are the two numbers separated by a comma (which I've highlighted in bold):

FROM

StormConditions=6,0;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

TO (for example)

StormConditions=15,1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

In the above example, "15" is the maximum wind speed in which you can use the gun (15 metres per second) and "1" after the comma is the rain intensity, where "0" means "no rain at all" and "1" means "any amount of rain". I think you could also put in a decimal fraction, like "0.5" for an in-between setting.

I hope that helps!