PDA

View Full Version : Prop pitch key bindings?

equipoise23
06-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Total Newbie using IL2 1946. Cannot get any of the key bindings I set to make any adjustments to the pitch of the props. There is no indication on the screen that the adjustments have occurred. Eg. When trying to take off in He111, the plane simply donuts no matter how much adjustment I input with other controls. Have I got a bug in the program or am I simply not going about this in the right way? Help would be appreciated or all twin engined takeoff is doomed from the start. May as well drive a tank!!!

equipoise23
06-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Total Newbie using IL2 1946. Cannot get any of the key bindings I set to make any adjustments to the pitch of the props. There is no indication on the screen that the adjustments have occurred. Eg. When trying to take off in He111, the plane simply donuts no matter how much adjustment I input with other controls. Have I got a bug in the program or am I simply not going about this in the right way? Help would be appreciated or all twin engined takeoff is doomed from the start. May as well drive a tank!!!

MaxMhz
06-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Take a single engine plane and test again.

In realistic settings you need to select one engine at a time. Then apply changes to that engine. Prop pitch, Fuel mix, Throttle...
If you did not select/toggle etc engines, commands are applied to engine 1 only - hence your 'donut'maneuvre lol.
rule1: do not complicate things when testing.

You need to:
-1- Assign keys under Control for engine selection;
I use 'select/unselect all engines' and'toggle engine' for engines 1 through 4. This will cover most planes (me323 has 6 but is AI only).
Starting:
unselect all engines

for all engines on the plane:
...select engine <----+
...start engine (I)

...unselect engine to keep one engine selected at a time
... move on to start next engine---^

Once all are running, 'select all engines'throttle up and taxi to takeoff
--- you can toggle engines on/off to make tighter turns. commands are applied to selected engine(s) only.

equipoise23
06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks MaxMhz. I think I've gotten to the bottom of the problem now. Much appreciated!