PDA

View Full Version : ==A request to all ONLINE server admins==

Loki-PF
09-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Guys,

I know this may be an unconventional request... I would *love* a single map in rotation that was nothing but Corsairs and Helcats versus FW-190's and Biffs!

As some of you reading this may know I usually fly online as a blue pilot in the PTO. We few brave/mad blue pacific pilots are often shredded by above allied navy planes (unless the map features KI-84's, then we've got a fighting chance! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif)

I'd sure love a go at those navy birds with something a little more deadly than an A6m2 or Ki-61!

It wouldn't be all that Ahistoric either.... The Japanese had some pretty good radial engine planes (bedides the Ki-84) like the N1K and the Jack that we don't have in the game as flyable yet. Also it's been argued before that the Tony isn't up to spec, and we all know the Tony is a knock off of the Biff, so....Besides, many/most of the PTO maps/missions have the IJA staging off of land bases anyways, so nothing lost there...

So waddya think? This could be as fun as jets vs biplanes! Which sounds stoopid but is actually quite a bit of good fun!

Loki-PF
09-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Guys,

I know this may be an unconventional request... I would *love* a single map in rotation that was nothing but Corsairs and Helcats versus FW-190's and Biffs!

As some of you reading this may know I usually fly online as a blue pilot in the PTO. We few brave/mad blue pacific pilots are often shredded by above allied navy planes (unless the map features KI-84's, then we've got a fighting chance! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif)

I'd sure love a go at those navy birds with something a little more deadly than an A6m2 or Ki-61!

It wouldn't be all that Ahistoric either.... The Japanese had some pretty good radial engine planes (bedides the Ki-84) like the N1K and the Jack that we don't have in the game as flyable yet. Also it's been argued before that the Tony isn't up to spec, and we all know the Tony is a knock off of the Biff, so....Besides, many/most of the PTO maps/missions have the IJA staging off of land bases anyways, so nothing lost there...

So waddya think? This could be as fun as jets vs biplanes! Which sounds stoopid but is actually quite a bit of good fun!

LeadSpitter_
09-26-2005, 11:34 AM
I dont know if you have ever tried this scenerio but theres no chance whatso ever for hellcats and corsairs vs a6 a8 a9s

mainly due to thier 700kmph breakup speeds.

STS_Predator
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
190driver here, lol

Just saw the request, still want it?
This 'what if' scenerio sounds like some fun, hehe
Give me some more particulars for the map so I can build it, or build one and send it to me.

We run some IL2 servers 24/7 on a 100Mbps line

I'd be willing to put 'your' map up on STS-Dedicated for a weekend.

let me know

Predator

Loki-PF
09-26-2005, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
I dont know if you have ever tried this scenerio but theres no chance whatso ever for hellcats and corsairs vs a6 a8 a9s

mainly due to thier 700kmph breakup speeds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you mean here Lead?

MEGILE
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
LS is referring to the Hellcat's and Wildcat's undermodelled dive speeds relative to other fighters.

Your request not ahistoric though... FAA Martlets, hellcats and Corsairs were active in the Western theatre. hellcats engaged both Focke Wulfs and Messers, although I don't believe Corsairs did.

Loki-PF
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I *know* about porked dive speeds! I earned my Tag from working on the tubby lil wildcat back when the Zero was outdiving it...

Didn't know about the Hellcat and Corsair though... Thats Suxor! Anyone got a note into Oleg and Co. about it?

The *big* question is does it sound fun? Are you in?

STS_Predator
09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
We've got a relatively new server up, titled ~AcesHigh~ (we need a new name for it I think, trying to come up with one before we finish setting up stats page).

Settings are 500m friendly icons only, minimap path and speedbar on.

Currently there are a variety of maps/planesets up. All Allies vs Axis though. Mostly western front. Many ground targets, and alot more eye candy than most servers. (clouds, flak, ground objects..)

We are running FB Daemon2.
Feedback so far is that our current settings run very smooth, if you havent been there yet we urge you to try it out.

Once we get the stats in order a new map set will go up with prob more consistent planesets.

There is also a public teamspeak server running 24/7 for use with the game server. IP is in game description and in game briefing.

some interesting maps: Currently we have two maps with the 262 available and two north africa maps. the YP80 is available on the one 262 map :0

Come check it out, give us some feedback.
I ran into CrazyIvan in there a couple of times, he gave it a thumbs up.

Plz try to use the TS2 when ya fly it, we really like to see good teamwork on the server - comms definately helps that!

Loki, lets just build that map and put it up for a week! My guys will fly it for sure!

S!

Predator

Loki-PF
09-26-2005, 07:50 PM
~S~! Predator!

Sorry it took me a while to put it together! I've actually flown on ACESHIGH a few times and very much enjoyed the experience. I even added a permanent entry into my teamspeak for you guys. I keep looking for it on HL but often I can't find it...

ImpStarDuece
09-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Leadspitter is refering to the fact that the F6F and F4U have folding wings which rip off with alarming frequency at about 700-750kph in a dive.

It is mighty frustrating to be making last second targeting adjustments in a 700kph dive on an enemy when your right wing snaps off at the floding point and you go into an uncontrollable spiral.

109s and 190s would ALWAYS be safe diving away and making a shallow turn. The US fighters would simply lose thier wings trying to catch their German opponents.

nakamura_kenji
09-27-2005, 03:08 AM
ki-61 is good plane when fly right ^_^, only real problem bit slow but against carrier fighter it ok ^_^

hehe wing snap off funny see few time chase f6f dive

FritzGryphon
09-27-2005, 03:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">F4U have folding wings which rip off with alarming frequency at about 700-750kph </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried F4UA, diving from 3000m. Wingbreaks at 800km/h IAS, or 820km/h TAS.

Again, from 10,000m. Wingbreak happened at 4000m, 840km/h IAS, or 1080km/h TAS.

Still sooner than late 109s or FW. 109K, 880km/h IAS.