PDA

View Full Version : Flying Legends and Us.

Enthor1
12-30-2005, 12:03 PM
You might be interested in this topic in the Paint Schemes Forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/2481063293

It concerns more than just skins, there are many more goodies there and if it were lost, we all lose.

There are many great free sites for us to use, Flying Legends is a major one for skins.
I think it is in our best interest to help them and all free sites we use in any way possible.

Please check it out.

Enthor1
12-30-2005, 12:03 PM
You might be interested in this topic in the Paint Schemes Forum:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/2481063293

It concerns more than just skins, there are many more goodies there and if it were lost, we all lose.

There are many great free sites for us to use, Flying Legends is a major one for skins.
I think it is in our best interest to help them and all free sites we use in any way possible.

Please check it out.

WarWolfe_1
12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Don't forget that Deano has been paying out of his pocket to keep the site up. So, if nothing else stop in and say thank you to him and his team that run FL. If you care to help in any other way, when FL is back up hit the PayPal and DONATE.

If you got a favorite skin, misson, or whatnot, take just a few moments and Review it aswell. With out feedback things never get better.

Thanks
Wolfe.

JSG72
12-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Listen Folks.
I just made a well deseved donation to this sight only 4 days ago.
E-Mail sent from DEan confirmed that I! was only the second person to donate to this site.
Come on Folks.
All very well saying "What a sad loss" and "Great Job they're doing"
These Guy's have supplied us with a place to Upload and Download stuff .
We would all be happy to pay for if it came out on DISC.
Honestly. Couldn't beleive it.
I only joined Flying Legends a month or so ago.
Looking at over 2500 Skins plus 10's of Mission and Utility Downloads.
IL2 Skins has been lost for many months now.
Don't let "Flying Legends go the same way!
Or: Do You just like Chatting on the NET!

bazzaah2
12-30-2005, 03:21 PM
I logged on yesterday and hope it'll be up again soon.

Something like Il-2 skins would be worth a fiver a month for unlimited downloads. Actually, I wish someone would make just make something like this commercial, then all these 'what a sad loss, didn't someone else pay?' type of comments would cease.

We're all happy to wedge out hundreds on rig updates and a few quid a month to pay for skins and other stuff would be well worth it.

WarWolfe_1
12-30-2005, 11:04 PM
bump

mandrill7
12-31-2005, 07:16 AM
Just wondering if Ubi shouldn't be nice and kick in a 100 or 2 per month. This is chicken feed for them and the site complements 1 of their most popular products.

Bearcat99
12-31-2005, 09:25 AM
All I have to sayis IL2 Skins...... great site... gone the way of the dinosaur.... there is a litrtle DNA in dish somehwere.. but so fat that T-Rex has NOT reappeared.

Goodwood_Alpha
12-31-2005, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mandrill7:
Just wondering if Ubi shouldn't be nice and kick in a 100 or 2 per month. This is chicken feed for them and the site complements 1 of their most popular products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Methinks you'd have better luck squeezing water from a stone on Tatooine. But I have been wrong before.

Tully__
12-31-2005, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mandrill7:
Just wondering if Ubi shouldn't be nice and kick in a 100 or 2 per month. This is chicken feed for them and the site complements 1 of their most popular products. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you have an un-realistically inflated view of flight sim sales. We're definitely one of their most active forums, but total sales of this series amounts to only a couple of million boxes for all versions combined. Compare that to 10's of millions for each version of the more popular first person shooters and re-evaluate.