PDA

View Full Version : Author of In-Game Database? (Also a Typo Found!)

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I was reading the database article on Ezio, and toward the end it talks to Desmond about his time with Ezio and Altair. Curious if anyone know who the author is supposed to be. Shaun maybe? (Shaun probably?)

In the Altair people article in the Database, third paragraph toward the end Altair's name is mispelled "ATLAIR". I'm gonna check up on that in the coming weeks to see if it ever gets corrected.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
I was reading the database article on Ezio, and toward the end it talks to Desmond about his time with Ezio and Altair. Curious if anyone know who the author is supposed to be. Shaun maybe? (Shaun probably?)

In the Altair people article in the Database, third paragraph toward the end Altair's name is mispelled "ATLAIR". I'm gonna check up on that in the coming weeks to see if it ever gets corrected.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
It was definitely Shaun. Though, it doesn't really make any sense because how would Shaun know where Desmond would be visiting. Now if Shaun already had all databases done, then how would the basic operations of the animus safe mode know where to connect those databases to? Or better yet, how would the black room have access to his databse entries? I don't really know but I would bet the house on it being Shaun.

They really should have had what's-his-name(?) voice all of them though. Yeah, they would have had to pay him a bunch more money but it definitely would have been worth it.

Calvarok
11-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Actually, I think it may have been 16.
EDIT: If he's basically omnipotent in the animus, he may have been able to acess the database/internet and bring the stuff back for Desmond. I wish they had adressed it in-game.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
I know the past databases were all Shaun. But in Revelations things aren't the way they've been in past games. Your database in Revelations could be done by Subject 16. His memories sure would be a trip to relive.

Blind2Society
11-16-2011, 10:45 PM
But you can tell by the witty way they were written. 16 is synical and depressed, not the way he would have written them.