PDA

View Full Version : Never Anonymous

fahrbot
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
As i understand you are in an anonymous state when the little icon in the top left is ALL white.

I enter cities by blending with scholars. When inside the city and still blended with the scholars the display is completely white. As soon as I tap A (x360) to disengage the white icon is replaced by a white icon with a little yellow dot in it. I do not do anything socially unnaceptable it happens the second i unblend. This happens all the time including on the first level in damasc.

The only time it is completely white for me is when

1) I am running on rooftops
2) I am down in the street and there are no guards in my line of site.

Is this right? Do i need to download some type of update?

Thanks

fahrbot
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
As i understand you are in an anonymous state when the little icon in the top left is ALL white.

I enter cities by blending with scholars. When inside the city and still blended with the scholars the display is completely white. As soon as I tap A (x360) to disengage the white icon is replaced by a white icon with a little yellow dot in it. I do not do anything socially unnaceptable it happens the second i unblend. This happens all the time including on the first level in damasc.

The only time it is completely white for me is when

1) I am running on rooftops
2) I am down in the street and there are no guards in my line of site.

Is this right? Do i need to download some type of update?

Thanks

avsrule247
01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
My question is: Why do you NEED to be anonymous? Guards will not come after you unless your witness indicator is red. A yellow indicator means that they see you, but you can still climb, run and beat up people with your fists.

ThePheonix1030
01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
No, that is supposed to happen. It basically means that the guards are close and/or suspicious of you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jcody
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Ugh...no (to thread starter), you are not only annonymous when it is white. You are still anoynymous when you are being watched. Whenever you are in a city, obviously you will be being watched most of the time, simply because ubi didn't go the "extra mile" by incorporating blind guards...

You can only be one of three things: Anoynymous, Exposed, and exposed but unseen (line of sight has been broken)

(that is not counting the blue and green indicators of being hidden or "vanishing" because they still count as anoynymous)

I'll say it again: You are anonymous even if you are being watched. You will remain anoynymous while being watched as long as your behavior is socially exceptable.

Think about it, how would you ever get exposed if guards were NEVER watching you in the first place? If you are not being watched (plain white, only happens when NO guards are present) then you can rape people and eat their entrails and nothing will ever happen. They have to be watching you in order for the next steps of exposure to even happen.

The differences between the red and yellow eye are simply this: yellow means the soldier has no idea you are an assassin, but he has the gift of sight; red means he knows an assassin is close by, but he doesn't know it's you.

ThePheonix1030
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
What he said. It's kind of dumb how in the beginning tutorial, the weird voice says that the yellow blinking means that the guards are suspicious of you, when really they're not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

fahrbot
01-04-2008, 01:59 AM
So white with blinking yellow means that:

You have a huge crowd in a street. You are looking into the crowd and although you aren't particularly focused on one individual you are still seeing them. (As in light reflected from them enters your eye)

Or explained in a different way: Imagine a carpet; one square meter of it has millions of strands of fibers. You look at that square meter. Although you are seeing all those millions of fibres you're probably only focused onsay a few thousand.

Thanks very miuch

Is that right?

jcody
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
...o..k..sure.

Of course if you're talking about from the guards perspective. Not really something complicated enough to need a comparison but ok. It means guards see you, but they don't know you're an assassin, or even that one is in the city.