PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Round in Manhunt?

Eavath
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Just random question, what's everybody's preferred round in Manhunt? Do you prefer to be the hunter or the hunted?

Personally, I like playing defense, because I can hide better than I can find and kill targets. Most of the time, though, this means that my teammates aren't around me all the time, but I'm constantly blended with a group, so I'm constantly getting points.

What about everyone else?

DoomKnight10
11-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Not sure wich is more fun, but I have an epic tactic for defense, where it is impossible to die unless the opponent uses a ranged weapon. Stand on a pole.

UnsentSoul
11-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I enjoy being on the defense everytime. It sucks when your on the defense and your blending in and 3-4 the attackers stalk just you. 1 will be on the rooftops and the others will try to I.d. Me. He rooftop bastard always gets me but atleast I'll stun 1-2 people b4 his leap of bastardness. When you attack it's cool yoh can change targets but 3 people stalk 1 person. It differs on how well I'll do from game to game.

D173120T
11-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Well,i played my first game of manhunt last night.I must say its bloody marvellous.I ditnreally mind which side i am on,but i tend to lean towards attacking.I really like this mode and assuming it wasnt a fluke,i came first for a change,i managed to climb 2 levels as well.So i will be back on this.It was rather funny as our team was the butcher/executioner.There was a bunch of about 4 or 5 of them and im pretty sure at least 3 were team mates.It was hilaroius watching this opponant try and search out the real targets.He got stunned several times.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
Not sure wich is more fun, but I have an epic tactic for defense, where it is impossible to die unless the opponent uses a ranged weapon. Stand on a pole.

tactic or abuse of game mechanics?

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Munktor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:

tactic or abuse of game mechanics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't intended by the developer, so I'm going with abuse.

luth411
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I would say it's not a tactic. Standing on a pole is a neutral action at best, your at a disadvantage at worst.

If there's a ranged weapon, you're dead. If there's no ranged weapon, there are three of your team mates who are being slaughtered and you're of no use to them.

A smart pursuer would recognize you on the pole and remain incognito to avoid initiating a chase, and you will never earn a single point for the round. You only win the game by playing.

luth411
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
It wasn't intended by the developer, so I'm going with abuse.

I agree with this assessment. However, you can't help but smile. Ubisoft precluded these types of players by awarding strategic and intelligent playstyles.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Ummm... Saw someone doing this in game.

Climbed to edge of pole, and hit square. I swung my hand at their legs, they fell off and died.

Saw the same person a few minutes later doing the same thing, but was at a higher vantage point. Jumped onto the pole myself, knocked us both down, then got the kill.

Tactic doesn't always work.

EDIT: Does force the pursuer to lose points by going high profile right next to you though... So I guess you accomplished something.

Patita90
11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I like both rounds, but not having assassins breathing down my neck sure helps, so I guess offense is my fav.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Forgot to say in my last post...

I voted defense, because I feel more awesome escaping someone who can kill me when the best I can do is knock them down for a few seconds.

Patita90
11-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Climbed to edge of pole, and hit square. I swung my hand at their legs, they fell off and died.

That serves them right! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif