PDA

View Full Version : help with getting into vatican...spoilers

johnbear1986
11-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I can get to the part where you have to remain undetected and can get by the two guards, but cannot get past the 4 guards that are patrolling the next area and lever. Please help me if you can.

johnbear1986
11-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I can get to the part where you have to remain undetected and can get by the two guards, but cannot get past the 4 guards that are patrolling the next area and lever. Please help me if you can.

bango31
11-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Here's how I approached it...

Blend with the first group of monks and wait for the guard to walk past. As soon as he has his back to you, get moving. Tail him and fall in to the next group of monks. Now the two guards that patrol that area are always on opposite sides of the dividing walls, so you have two options.

You can either assassinate the guard further up ahead (when he's on the left side of the dividing wall) or you can tail him, go to the last half-wall thing, hop over and hit the lever really quickly.

I took him out before he rounded the corner towards the two guards on the other side, then darted to that last half wall, made the hop over, hit the lever, and booked it.

It's tricky...it took me a few times to figure out how I wanted to approach it.

Xenlecan
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah, you have to really time your blending with the monks and take pains with knowing where the guards are.

Diggity1974
11-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Blend with the monks and stealth assassinate the guards when they walk by. Proceed to guard 2, rinse and repeat. Walk up behind the last 2 and take both out with hidden blades. Walk you merry way around. Viola!

dcbroncs123
11-25-2009, 07:42 AM
i never killed not 1 haurd during that i tryed that once and the monks started running and yelling witch in turn got me seen

bcCoBHC
11-25-2009, 07:02 PM
is there any way to get back into this building after the mission? without the flying machine i dont see how, ive tried to get in every other way but cant.

thekyle0
11-25-2009, 08:06 PM
bcCoBHC, you're thinking of a different building. It's the Doge's palace in Venice. And no, there is no way to get in. That's why they needed to use the flying machine in the first place.

To get past that part I sneaked past the first two guards and stealth-double-assassinated the two at the end just as the second patrolling guard was about to round the corner of the half-wall. If you want to more easily moniter the movements of the patrols, the contextual camera is very useful because it gives an aerial perspective.

bcCoBHC
11-27-2009, 06:05 PM
thanks man. i was trying to get back in there to look for feathers/glyphs. i hope the developers didnt put any in there and you would have to get them during the mission!

trellan
12-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the scene you're describing takes place in Florence, or Firenze, as the locals call it. The Vatican is in Rome. I would love to see this game's version of Rome, but even though I'm not through with the game yet, I don't think it includes Rome. I'll bet they're saving it for DLC.

Zerban_da_Great
12-08-2009, 08:25 PM
@trellan: Nope, sequence 14 takes place in Rome... or a linear path straight through it to the Vatican. You'll understand if you know your fifteenth-century Italian history http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

nitres15
12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcCoBHC:
is there any way to get back into this building after the mission? without the flying machine i dont see how, ive tried to get in every other way but cant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
but if i tell u ubi will remove that glitch

Crash_Plague
12-11-2009, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nitres155:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bcCoBHC:
is there any way to get back into this building after the mission? without the flying machine i dont see how, ive tried to get in every other way but cant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
but if i tell u ubi will remove that glitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too late idiot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif