PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain

J.M.LLOYD
01-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Being a Brit, I look formard to the forthcoming Maddox gem,Battle of Britain. There have been many books on the subject,A very good reference is a book called, A Summer for Heroes by Derek Wood and Derek Demster. Its an excellent day by day account of the battle, it includes a detailed list of all the British, European, American and commonwealth pilots who took part and for some paid the ultimate price, also the book is well illustrated with some rare photos. Enjoy...............

Heavy_Weather
01-17-2005, 08:35 AM
thanks for the info, I'll have to look out for that one. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Yimmy
01-17-2005, 10:11 AM
I would greatly be looking forwards to BoB if ut used the same engine as IL2, and could be merged with it along with PF.

But the amount it would cost to upgrade my system to be able to run BoB smoothly simply aint worth it.

Chivas
01-17-2005, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yimmy:
I would greatly be looking forwards to BoB if ut used the same engine as IL2, and could be merged with it along with PF.

But the amount it would cost to upgrade my system to be able to run BoB smoothly simply aint worth it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can run PF with Perfect setting now you will be able to run BOB with reduced settings. Hopefully the game will be released this year or early next year. There hasn't been much info coming from Oleg lately, other than the hint it may be cancelled due to piracy profit loss.

Yimmy
01-17-2005, 06:46 PM
Do we know what recommended system requirements for BoB are?

I have an Athlon 3000+ processor, 512 MG RAM 3200 speed, and a Radeon 9600.

I am going to double the Ram when I get round to it. Would this be okay for BoB you reckon? What if I got a Radeon 9800 in addition, and maybe tripple the Ram?
Cant really up the speed of Ram or get a new processor without a new motherboard.

VW-IceFire
01-17-2005, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yimmy:
Do we know what recommended system requirements for BoB are?

I have an Athlon 3000+ processor, 512 MG RAM 3200 speed, and a Radeon 9600.

I am going to double the Ram when I get round to it. Would this be okay for BoB you reckon? What if I got a Radeon 9800 in addition, and maybe tripple the Ram?
Cant really up the speed of Ram or get a new processor without a new motherboard. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Save your pennies and don't upgrade (at least not for the purposes of this game in specific) until after teh game comes out and a better picture of what it needs materializes. I've got a similar system except with a Radeon 9700Pro. I'd stay with what you have...apparently if you can run Perfect mode in FB then BoB will be ok. It'll take the latest and greatest to make it look superb.

Yimmy
01-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I used to only get the latest and greatest...

Then I realised I had to pay for boring things, like food.

Longjocks
01-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah, well, if you took my advice and built your own computer instead of buying it then maybe you could afford food AND a top-notch system. But nooooo...