PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition Speculation

LCGuardian
05-18-2010, 03:27 AM
I figure given the excellent collector's editions available for AC2, speculation about the possible content of possible collector's editions for ACB might be worth investigating. Let me be clear that this thread does not contain any concrete information about collector's editions(s) for ACB. The only information I've seen that's even close is the preorder bonus Harlequin multiplayer character from Gamestop: ACB preorder (for PC) (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77864)

So I see this thread probably covering two areas: do you want/not want a collector's edition of ACB, and if the answer to the previous is yes then what content do you think should be included.

I'll start it off. After having thought about this for a while and seeing arguments both ways, I think I'd like to see an ACB collector's edition. While the AC2 Black Edition was an impressive package (and that was what made me hesitant about an ACB collector's edition, that I wondered if it could be bettered), I think there is significant potential to make a good ACB collector's edition.

For the content, I'm personally not a fan of the figurine/toy. So I wouldn't be especially sad to see it go (but I do recognize that a lot of people did like it). Codes are always good - lairs/maps like the Black Edition contained, as well as possibly exclusive weapons for singleplayer/multiplayer and skins for multiplayer (like the Harlequin). Given AC2 had an artbook/Conspiracy Book, I'm not sure ACB would need one since it isn't likely to change the look of AC2 significantly. Maybe a steelbook?

Anyway, thoughts from others?

LCGuardian
05-18-2010, 03:27 AM
I figure given the excellent collector's editions available for AC2, speculation about the possible content of possible collector's editions for ACB might be worth investigating. Let me be clear that this thread does not contain any concrete information about collector's editions(s) for ACB. The only information I've seen that's even close is the preorder bonus Harlequin multiplayer character from Gamestop: ACB preorder (for PC) (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77864)

So I see this thread probably covering two areas: do you want/not want a collector's edition of ACB, and if the answer to the previous is yes then what content do you think should be included.

I'll start it off. After having thought about this for a while and seeing arguments both ways, I think I'd like to see an ACB collector's edition. While the AC2 Black Edition was an impressive package (and that was what made me hesitant about an ACB collector's edition, that I wondered if it could be bettered), I think there is significant potential to make a good ACB collector's edition.

For the content, I'm personally not a fan of the figurine/toy. So I wouldn't be especially sad to see it go (but I do recognize that a lot of people did like it). Codes are always good - lairs/maps like the Black Edition contained, as well as possibly exclusive weapons for singleplayer/multiplayer and skins for multiplayer (like the Harlequin). Given AC2 had an artbook/Conspiracy Book, I'm not sure ACB would need one since it isn't likely to change the look of AC2 significantly. Maybe a steelbook?

Anyway, thoughts from others?

Murcuseo
05-18-2010, 04:03 AM
I've been putting off preordering the game purely to wait for the special editions. I have faith that there will be at least one but in regards to its content I'm at a loss

They'd obviously have to focus more on MP content for the bonuses but a couple of codes for extra areas, skins or even weapons for the SP would be nice. The most important thing for me is that whatever is in the special editions stays exclusive to it/them, no handing the content out to people if they make an arse of something... that really hacked me off!

It was nice for the people who didn't have those areas but it completely devalued the Black Edition.... which was fairly friggin' expensive!

I'd still like to see a figurine in there, definately not Ezio. Someone from the Templar side of the story would be nice. Also the paint work done on the figurine could do with being less sloppy, it was quite slap dash in places.

I'd hope by the end of june we'll have some kind of confirmation, even if its just to say there will be a special edish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jimbo11235813
05-18-2010, 06:11 AM
If I were American (or had an American console), I would probably get the game from gamestop as you get the Harlequin character (hope it becomes cheap DLC).

I bought the black edition, thought it would be a good deal. But seeing as half the stuff they promised weren't true (incomplete soundtrack that couldn't be put onto MP3 players, incomplete DVD of "all" the AC videos (which it had less than 1/4 at least), and the "exclusive" maps (i.e. the lairs)) , I wouldn't get another collectors edition unless it had something really cool. TBH, I no longer trust Ubisoft when it comes to collectors editions.

If however, it were just extra skins or character, then that would probably get me interested. A Harlequin figurine would be awesome though (especially if it was in a pose as if it had just jumped on someone (like in the screenshot where you see the Harlequin on the Executioner guy).)

JerryChan
05-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Personally, I also am not a fan of the figurine. I feel that they should have a replica of the Apple Of Eden, maybe with a button that makes it glow. I would like to get props kind of like maybe some Codex pages or a journal of Da Vinci's with his sketches and ideas which could work as a art book. They should also put in Limited Edition skins or weapons that only the people who pre-order can get. Lastly to top it off, something like a Assassin's chest to keep all the stuff in kind of like God Of War III Ultimate Edition.

LCGuardian
05-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Interesting stuff so far. I guess the one thing I didn't mention, which I think is crucial to the attractiveness of a Collector's Edition boxset, is the price. Talking in NZ dollars, I feel about $120 is fair. This puts it at a premium over the standard edition. It was also the amount recently charged for the Splinter Cell Conviction special edition, which contained a figurine, soundtrack and unlock codes as extra content (we seemed to get the European collector's edition of SCC in NZ). What I've seen so far for ACB suggestions seems about on a par with that amount of content.

An_Idea
05-18-2010, 10:26 PM
it would kind of ruin it for me if they had a special ed. for it. i mean ill get it and all, but it just doesnt feel that special to me.

its coming out so soon, and its not part of the trilogy, just doesnt seem right to me

SonGaryy
05-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Every game that comes out with download content has a special edition made sooner or later that contains all download content, nothing is ever "Exclusive" to the special edition, only for a few months, then they put it up for buy as DLC on marketplace, the guy who said $120 would be a good price, LOL, if you pay $120 for one game i feel sorry for you, i already feel $60 for games when they come out is a complete rip-off, but $120 for a game? thats the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. I wait for special deals on sites like amazon, and got my assassin's creed 2 for 25 bucks, that's the price games should be.

LCGuardian
05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonGaryy:
Every game that comes out with download content has a special edition made sooner or later that contains all download content, nothing is ever "Exclusive" to the special edition, only for a few months, then they put it up for buy as DLC on marketplace, the guy who said $120 would be a good price, LOL, if you pay $120 for one game i feel sorry for you, i already feel $60 for games when they come out is a complete rip-off, but $120 for a game? thats the most ridiculous thing i ever heard. I wait for special deals on sites like amazon, and got my assassin's creed 2 for 25 bucks, that's the price games should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The $120 was in New Zealand dollars, not US dollars. So on current exchange rates that works out at about US$80. Not quite as bad as you think. And exchange rates don't really reflect how the pricing has worked over time. I've been buying games for 15 years on PC (roughly), and in that time the normal price for a normal game has stayed at NZ$100. 15 years is a signficant length of time for inflation to operate and erode the value of the currency, so I don't think $120 is massively excessive for a special edition today.

I guess the alternative would be a Metro 2033 style collector's edition. In NZ, that was exclusive to EB Games for the same price as the standard edition in other places. It only had the automatic shotgun (which was good in the game) as an unlock code, and the three small concept art pictures. But when you're not paying anything more than for a normal edition ... not too bad I guess.

Engioc
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Not sure if I'll bother pre-ordering even if there is a special edition, just based on what happened with AC2 BE. I honestly think in the end there was very little difference in AC2 from white to black, zero compensation for servers going down STILL(we were given black edition content), and white edition ended up with all BE features anyway, so why do I need to pay extra for nothing again.

I might consider it but they'd have to convince me they'll do a better job than what I got with AC2 BE pre-order. Oh and quite frankly I couldn't care less about a figurine or books of pretty pictures, just in game content. I mean really how often are you going to sit staring at the wonderful figurine or reading that book, not much I'm betting. You'll be playing the game wishing there was more to do.

As for DLC, Ubi idea of DLC is a bit a joke compared to Rockstar and GTA. TLAD and TBGT is real DLC. For most companies DLC is just an excuse to hold content back and charge more money for it.

ashfeeq
05-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Love this question umm collectors edition figurine art book bonus in game content soundtrack wallpapers trailers dev diaries on a seperate disk thanx for asking and a special request from millions of fans collectors edition hidden blade

deathmasterZXZ
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
You know what would be nice. A UK normal pre-order edition. At the moment I am not too fussed about a Collector's Edition with even more special content. A UK version with the Harlequin would be amazing. i wonder if they might be able to offer the control of Altair as a special edition for the game. Maybe even release some extra things for AC1/2 and add them there (if they did they would have to be avaliable for purchase as well). Who knows what we'll get.

ACB Multiplayer Harlequin for UK...PLEASE

BrakoVonDoom
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Really sorry to jump the thread like this gents, but didn't want to create a thread just for one question.

Is this new Brotherhood going to be an expansion for AC2? I really hope not as I really don't like the idea of playing a multiplayer version of AC2. Plus I managed to 1000/1000 the game and don't want it ruined by multiplayer achievements that I can't get lol.

LCGuardian
05-24-2010, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathmasterZXZ:
You know what would be nice. A UK normal pre-order edition. At the moment I am not too fussed about a Collector's Edition with even more special content. A UK version with the Harlequin would be amazing. i wonder if they might be able to offer the control of Altair as a special edition for the game. Maybe even release some extra things for AC1/2 and add them there (if they did they would have to be avaliable for purchase as well). Who knows what we'll get.

ACB Multiplayer Harlequin for UK...PLEASE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm hoping that the Harlequin might be a preorder bonuses for one retailer in each of the major regions (North America, UK/Europe, Asia Pacific). It'd be pretty disappointing to not even get the option in New Zealand (or the UK).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrakoVonDoom:
Really sorry to jump the thread like this gents, but didn't want to create a thread just for one question.

Is this new Brotherhood going to be an expansion for AC2? I really hope not as I really don't like the idea of playing a multiplayer version of AC2. Plus I managed to 1000/1000 the game and don't want it ruined by multiplayer achievements that I can't get lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a no. ACB is a standalone game, with a singleplayer mode following Ezio's storyline from AC2 (not clear if Desmond also get more screen time yet) and a multiplayer mode where we play as Templars. Think of it as Crysis Warhead to AC2's Crysis - like a companion game. So it won't affect your AC2 achievements, but presumably there will be multiplayer achievements for ACB.

Deathgrim666
06-19-2010, 02:20 AM
i just hope that the ce/le stuff stays "exclusive", rather than the splinter cell conviction " exclusive" stuff.

LCGuardian
06-19-2010, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
i just hope that the ce/le stuff stays "exclusive", rather than the splinter cell conviction " exclusive" stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I got burnt with that as well. And given the only unlockable thing I can see in the codex edition are multiplayer skins, and these are what were released for free from the SCC collector's editions ... not good odds on them staying exclusive for too long. Especially when the Harlequin and Officer are preorder bonuses from some stores as well as part of the Codex edition.

Deathgrim666
06-19-2010, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCGuardian:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
i just hope that the ce/le stuff stays "exclusive", rather than the splinter cell conviction " exclusive" stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I got burnt with that as well. And given the only unlockable thing I can see in the codex edition are multiplayer skins, and these are what were released for free from the SCC collector's editions ... not good odds on them staying exclusive for too long. Especially when the Harlequin and Officer are preorder bonuses from some stores as well as part of the Codex edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just hope they don't become free 3 months after the game is out already.

TheLeoCrow
06-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Well, the limited codex edition seems great, as seen in Play.com -&gt; AC:B Limited Codex Edition (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15571176/Assassin-Creed-Brotherhood-Limited-Codex-Edition/Product.html), although i loved the statue in the black edition. The price is too high but i rather get something like that than just a simple game. Though, it says the release date is 07/09/2010 which i highly doubt

LCGuardian
06-19-2010, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCGuardian:

Yeah, I got burnt with that as well. And given the only unlockable thing I can see in the codex edition are multiplayer skins, and these are what were released for free from the SCC collector's editions ... not good odds on them staying exclusive for too long. Especially when the Harlequin and Officer are preorder bonuses from some stores as well as part of the Codex edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just hope they don't become free 3 months after the game is out already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I should correct what I said. I see that there are unlockable maps for ACB in the Codex edition, much like the three Templar lairs in AC2. And given those became available for all as well, I think on the AC2 and SCC experience the exclusive unlockables for ACB probably aren't really exclusive in the long term.

So any purchase decision (for me at least) is probably going to be based on the other products in the Codex edition (assuming it becomes available in NZ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Well, the limited codex edition seems great, as seen in Play.com -&gt; AC:B Limited Codex Edition (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15571176/Assassin-Creed-Brotherhood-Limited-Codex-Edition/Product.html), although i loved the statue in the black edition. The price is too high but i rather get something like that than just a simple game. Though, it says the release date is 07/09/2010 which i highly doubt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, its looking like 16 November for Xbox and PS3, and some undefined later time for PC.

Dizlol
06-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Definitly gonna pre-order the Codex edition for the PC, already got the white edition.

It's definitly a great CE, love the Renessaince Box and can't wait to read that codex!

tyrce111
06-19-2010, 05:46 AM
I was looking at the codex edition and it says there's something that is yet to be discovored. I realy dis like the bonus Ezio figurine with WE and BE and would realy like to see something like that and think that they should include a random multiplayer character figurine.
So some people could get the doctor and some people could get the hunter.
I think it would be cool for that to happen but some people would hate it if they got someone that they didn't realy like.
So instead we might be able to choose Which character we want in our Codex edition.
THAT WOULD BE REALY COOL!

TheLeoCrow
06-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Well, i care very little about the longterm exclussivity. Even if others get (to buy?) the exclussive content at a later date, i don't mind because i did get to play it first and furthermore, i got all the extra physical content.

On the other hand we have POP:TFS, that has a special edition but with lame in game extras and no physical extras. To make the insoult worse, they released vastly different versions of the game for each console. So the only way to get to 100% is to buy every console and every version of the game. So since there is no way i'm getting the 100% from this game, i will get the standart edition at a later date, when the price has dropped. And this comes from someone who preordered the POP 2008 to get it's special preorder edition (and to support their no-DRM decision)

Engioc
06-19-2010, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I've been putting off preordering the game purely to wait for the special editions. I have faith that there will be at least one but in regards to its content I'm at a loss

They'd obviously have to focus more on MP content for the bonuses but a couple of codes for extra areas, skins or even weapons for the SP would be nice. The most important thing for me is that whatever is in the special editions stays exclusive to it/them, no handing the content out to people if they make an arse of something... that really hacked me off!

It was nice for the people who didn't have those areas but it completely devalued the Black Edition.... which was fairly friggin' expensive!

I'd still like to see a figurine in there, definately not Ezio. Someone from the Templar side of the story would be nice. Also the paint work done on the figurine could do with being less sloppy, it was quite slap dash in places.

I'd hope by the end of june we'll have some kind of confirmation, even if its just to say there will be a special edish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll agree with that....I'd like to see a special edition....I wouldn't mind seeing a map included although for just once city it might not be worth it, wish there was one for AC2, not even the guide had a map. Main thing is they don't then start giving it to everyone because somethings gone wrong and they need to provide compensation (and I never got any compensation still except for BE content I already had). They really made the BE worthless in the end, so I'm a bit cautious about buying any more special editions.

TheLeoCrow
06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition Includes:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game
Renaissance Collector Chest
Exclusive Codex
Map of Rome
Multiplayer characters cards
Lineage DVD
Bonus DVD and game soundtrack
2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market
2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer
Additional bonus content yet to be revealed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Engioc
06-19-2010, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition Includes:
Exclusive Codex
Map of Rome
Lineage DVD
Additional bonus content yet to be revealed </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I only read that after making this post, I do like having a map.

Unclaimed_Legac
06-20-2010, 06:13 AM
so from what it looks like the codex edition is only available in Europe right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Account_Deleted
06-20-2010, 06:39 AM
nope
it's avaliable in Australia also to pre-order
from Ebgames, Game traders,
and more i think
but i could be possitive of thoese 2 above

Bowcaster
06-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Why do they never release any info on the US collectors edition until the last second?!?

They did the same for AC2 and it really ticked me off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

D_Jexs
06-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I know it sucks I will have to run to gamestop like a week before just to throw another 40 down to get the special edition

Engioc
06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
Why do they never release any info on the US collectors edition until the last second?!?

They did the same for AC2 and it really ticked me off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm really surprised Australia gets this info before the US, we're normally the last ones to get anything. It is a shame all fans cant be treated equally and lately with a few games it seems like publishers are going out of there way to divide fans by offering different content depending on which country/shop you buy it from. I think that's just another bad, and pointless idea, why cant all countries/shops have the same content?

It may be that a lot of the contents in the box is made by local companies to each country but even then its hard to imagine why a US company couldn't produce the same content as an Australian one, you'd normally assume its the other way around. Plus its not just contents of box that are different, even the online stores have differences. To be honest I'm thinking forget the special editions and just wait till Ubi do the normal thing and release it to everyone AC2 style.

Although its now been fixed I didn't like it when R* divided fans by offering exclusives, its one of the few mistakes they've made.

UchihaKarasu
06-20-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm glad that more countries are getting Special Editions, but, like with the black edition, us people in the states got what seemed like a lesser edition.
I really like the looks of the special edition for ACB, and I'm really hoping it doesn't get down-graded when/if it gets released in the US.

SevketErhat
06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition Includes:
Exclusive Codex
Map of Rome
Lineage DVD
Additional bonus content yet to be revealed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at the picture carefully you can see that additional bonus content is skin of Ezio's father

kriegerdesgottes
06-20-2010, 10:32 PM
yeah the collectors editions are seriously awesome but that black edition crap wasnt fair and neither is this new brotherhood codex edition, its bs, i am possibly the biggest ac fan in north america and yet i have no choice but to settle for the ****ty collector edition which im sure will happen again and the europeans get the awesome one,

D_Jexs
06-20-2010, 10:59 PM
All I want in my special edition is all the extra maps(not just a few) and missions. And all the exclusive in game features and all the multiplayer skins.

Deathgrim666
06-20-2010, 11:17 PM
yeah i hope u.s gets a ce/le i only want the maps and the mp skins from the codex edition tbh.

SevketErhat
06-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Without shifting too much away from the topic but as a collector I must ask

Does anyone have pictures of Assassin's Creed II Press Kit ? I remember it being rather expensive but a fantastic piece for collectors.

PlagueDoctor357
06-21-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't know, I think Ezios new outfit is sick enough to warrant another figurine. But a doctor would also make me pretty happy.

Can't wait to hear what they have to say for Canada or the U.S.

Also, 2 single player maps!! That's awesome! Keep the Prince of Persia style tombs goin!!

markodarko88
10-15-2010, 10:33 AM
anyone know what the chest is made of? wood or plastic?

notafanboy
10-15-2010, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markodarko88:
anyone know what the chest is made of? wood or plastic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>mr_shade said it was made out of cheese http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif parmesan actually