PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Forum Host

AdolphMeinhard
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I can't log in to forum from home because it says my IP address has been banned. Can you fix this? Or maybe tell me where to go for help? thanks

AdolphMeinhard
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I can't log in to forum from home because it says my IP address has been banned. Can you fix this? Or maybe tell me where to go for help? thanks

VikingGrandad
07-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Have you (or anyone else who uses your home PC) been banned from an Ubi forum in the past?

Would you mind telling me which internet service provider you use? (the company that provides your Internet connection)

I'll ask the Community Manager if he can help with your problem, and get back to you when I have some answers (hopefully within a day or so)

AdolphMeinhard
07-06-2006, 09:39 AM
thanks for the quick response. I am the only one to use Ubisoft at my home (much to my wife's disdain) No one has ever been banned. I use AOL. I also had name rebelbagby but it wouldn't let me login so i used my wife's email login and changed to Adolphmeinhard (my skipper in SH3) Any time I try to contact Ubisoft it wants a screen name and login- but I can't login- a virtual catch 22! Thanks for any time and effort on your part. I follow the forums everyday!

steve_v
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
email the following to g8tr45@yahoo.com

the IP that is being banned
your regular user name (there is no record of rebelbagby)

VikingGrandad
07-07-2006, 08:14 AM
AdolphMeinhard, if you're not sure how to find out your IP address you can do so here:

http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/

(the page detects it for you)

Let us know how you get on. Good luck!

lecek
07-07-2006, 11:43 AM
IP addresses change just about every time you log in.

AoL is a large provider with users and UBI has a large forum community.

What could have happened is that someone from AoL logged into UBI and got himself banned for being a dork. UBI banned his name but he came back again. So they banned his IP range.(Probably as a last resort.) Now he can't come back but if you happen to have an inocent user from that same IP range then you have banned them as well.

This is of course just a guess but stuff like this happens all the time. There are IRC forums for example where I am banned but where I have never gone to.

AdolphMeinhard
07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks you all are the best!