PDA

View Full Version : Same 'ol same 'ol

asiancop
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Well I just finished my 3rd assassination and have to say that the game has some fun factors. However its getting really repetitive for me. Aside from the boss kills, everything else is pretty much the same.

The observation towers are the same, pick pocketing and eaves dropping are the same, and holy smokes saving the citizens is so overdone. I don't know about the rest of you but free roaming forever and a day for those darn flags isn't exactly the most fun either.

I agree that its a decent game. I definitely agree that the freezing issues are a pain the the butt. But I don't see the spectacular game that all the hype led me to believe.

asiancop
11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Well I just finished my 3rd assassination and have to say that the game has some fun factors. However its getting really repetitive for me. Aside from the boss kills, everything else is pretty much the same.

The observation towers are the same, pick pocketing and eaves dropping are the same, and holy smokes saving the citizens is so overdone. I don't know about the rest of you but free roaming forever and a day for those darn flags isn't exactly the most fun either.

I agree that its a decent game. I definitely agree that the freezing issues are a pain the the butt. But I don't see the spectacular game that all the hype led me to believe.

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I whole-heartedly agree...

Funny that by the third assassination I felt the exact same way. I guess most of us rational people hit repetitiveness at the same time...

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll gladly be called an irrational person as long as I can enjoy a game I just payed $70 for. I guess ignorance is bliss, because I'm still having fun.

BellumetPax
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I am just finishing up the game, but you are right. It does get a little repetative. Although, the further you go the harder it becomes to do each task. Wait...it will get fun again

StealthyFisher
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I can agree with this... If Ubisoft had known that the audience would realize this is a repetative game, they should've extended the release date and Improve A.I., make a variety of side missions and fix some possible glitches. This game would've been perfect but Ubisoft seriously spent a lot of time into the Cities, Animations, different civilians (which is a really good thing). But Ubisoft missed out on the important aspects of the game.

robatubisoft
11-16-2007, 09:08 PM
It is amazing how jaded people have become. Look around you! The detail of the cities are simply amazing.

The "see it, climb it" aspect is unlike anything in any game I have ever played before. I'd pay 70 bucks just for the flag finding. It's incredibly fun to explore and climb everywhere. When you get a good free run, it's an awesome experience.

Add in everything else and it's hands down one of the best games I have ever played. Sure, some of the missions are repetitive, but they are still fun. Think about games in the past era, aka games like Mario Brothers, Metroid, even Duck Hunt. Now THAT is repetitive.

Icebreaker.007
11-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Mario Bros., Metroid and Duck Hunt are great landmarks of gaming. Assassin's Creed could have been one, but falls a step short.

The graphics are great, the concept is great, but the execution (no pun) is fumbled.

bobbylucifer
11-16-2007, 09:19 PM
After the 3rd assassination though is where it starts to get more difficult so that keeps it interesting and I think unlocking all the equipment (and thus the abilties) helps to keep it fresh aswell. just remember to admire the detail in the game and setting yourself challenges is always fun (like killing 20/30 guards without running or taking on the random infantry columns you see out in the kingdom).

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
This game is really no more repetitive than most other games, And if you just let the game be what it is, You hardly notice that you are doing the same thing basically over again, The only time i ever thought it got repetitive is when i started thinking about it being repetitive, You know what i mean? Most people who dont like this game probably just spend 2 much time looking for imperfections..

nucka
11-16-2007, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:
This game is really no more repetitive than most other games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a particularly flattering statement, since most other games aren't really worth playing. Few titles are released in a year that are even worth purchasing.

robatubisoft
11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nucka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:
This game is really no more repetitive than most other games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a particularly flattering statement, since most other games aren't really worth playing. Few titles are released in a year that are even worth purchasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Semantics. This year has been a fantastic one for gaming in my opinion. Next year looks even better. I have learned in my 31 years of life to appreciate how far the gaming industry has come, and to take the good with the bad. To me, there is no such thing as a "Bad" game, only broken ones.

A good example, most everyone hated "Two Worlds", I really enjoyed it. People should stop trying to fight the way a game is designed to be played, and learn to adapt. Off on a tangent here, but too often do I see people say things like "compared to XXXXXX, this game's controls are terrible" Just because you like the way a different games controls worked, doesn't mean you cannot like another games' also, you just need to learn the control scheme and adapt to it. Once you get the hang of it, you'd find that everything else falls into place and you are actually enjoying the game.

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nucka:

This isn't a particularly flattering statement, since most other games aren't really worth playing. Few titles are released in a year that are even worth purchasing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What i mean is you can't really have a video game with out it being repetitive, It always will be, That's just the way it works. But for some reason people point it out in AC for reasons i don't know... Honestly, The factor into whether or not you like the game is based on how you play it, it seems...

mefninja
11-16-2007, 10:51 PM
im really enjoying the game.. i do all 6/6 objectives all veiw points and save all citizen.. if i see a flag i get it.. and sometimes i even fight the guard and pwn ***... i love this game.. its great.. im really enjoying it.

stix489
11-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Simple...No game is perfect.

You list me a game that's perfect in every single aspect. Go on.

pillaysteven
11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
I have to say the repetitiveness creeps into a lot of the game. I guess most games are repetitive but it just seems more so in the case of this game.

One thing that really annoys me is the guy in Masyaf who asks you to teach his students how to fight, it's the exact same animation and speech every time. Very annoying.

Also the detail is amazing but the design of the high points is pretty much the same. The exact same movements are used every time to reach them. Although on another note I actually said "wow" when I climbed the Mosque. That was amazing. Should be more gold in this game. Anyway most of the high points are the same.

Also I really didn't like that the entrance to the base in each city has the exact same design. It would have been nice to see some variation there.

I like the combat and it hasn't got very repetitive yet but I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same animations over and over.

One tip, the game is much more immersive if you remove most of the HUD. I only have the GPS up and the game's much more enjoyable. I think I'll try playing without the GPS for a while tomorrow and see how difficult it is.

I guess one of the biggest problems with the game IMO is that the free-running and climbing anything doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Maybe I watched too many videos, maybe it was just over-hyped but I'd seen everything you could do before playing the game and now that I'm playing it doesn't feel fresh, new and amazing the way it should.

Only passed the third assassination at the moment and supposedly it gets harder from here. I'll keep my final judgement until when I finish the game.

One question, when you finish can you play the game in full without the Desmond sections whatsoever? That'd be pretty cool.

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 11:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pillaysteven:
I have to say the repetitiveness creeps into a lot of the game. I guess most games are repetitive but it just seems more so in the case of this game.

One thing that really annoys me is the guy in Masyaf who asks you to teach his students how to fight, it's the exact same animation and speech every time. Very annoying.

Also the detail is amazing but the design of the high points is pretty much the same. The exact same movements are used every time to reach them. Although on another note I actually said "wow" when I climbed the Mosque. That was amazing. Should be more gold in this game. Anyway most of the high points are the same.

Also I really didn't like that the entrance to the base in each city has the exact same design. It would have been nice to see some variation there.

I like the combat and it hasn't got very repetitive yet but I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same animations over and over.

One tip, the game is much more immersive if you remove most of the HUD. I only have the GPS up and the game's much more enjoyable. I think I'll try playing without the GPS for a while tomorrow and see how difficult it is.

I guess one of the biggest problems with the game IMO is that the free-running and climbing anything doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Maybe I watched too many videos, maybe it was just over-hyped but I'd seen everything you could do before playing the game and now that I'm playing it doesn't feel fresh, new and amazing the way it should.

Only passed the third assassination at the moment and supposedly it gets harder from here. I'll keep my final judgement until when I finish the game.

One question, when you finish can you play the game in full without the Desmond sections whatsoever? That'd be pretty cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just load memory blocks, You can't continue from after you beat the last person. And you use Desmond only when you want 2 and when you are first selecting the memory block you want.

Faylinks
11-17-2007, 01:17 AM
it does not help if you are a fan, and have been watching all the assasinations and demos, if i got this game withount any knolage i would be more WOW

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 02:25 AM
you know guys how many differentside quests or mini missions would they have to include to mak it not repetative.

the answerisnt possible because no matter how many ya have it will get repetative

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xekushnr:
I'll gladly be called an irrational person as long as I can enjoy a game I just payed $70 for. I guess ignorance is bliss, because I'm still having fun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

QFT, on my fifth assassination and I'm still not bored. Guess you could still take it back.. instead of moaning.

Royal.Mist
11-17-2007, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robatubisoft:
It is amazing how jaded people have become. Look around you! The detail of the cities are simply amazing.

The "see it, climb it" aspect is unlike anything in any game I have ever played before. I'd pay 70 bucks just for the flag finding. It's incredibly fun to explore and climb everywhere. When you get a good free run, it's an awesome experience.

Add in everything else and it's hands down one of the best games I have ever played. Sure, some of the missions are repetitive, but they are still fun. Think about games in the past era, aka games like Mario Brothers, Metroid, even Duck Hunt. Now THAT is repetitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you're an idiot if you're going to buy a game for a pretty view. Go outside, it's free.

spazzoo1025
11-17-2007, 10:35 AM
amazing.

months, no years, up to this game, everyone was so excited and couldn't wait for it to be released. Now, as soon as it's out, you all hate it!
Does anyone know the meaning of hypocrisy?

Personally, I've been taking my time to do everything, and I'm still only on my 3rd assassination. Yes, the saving citizen things may get a bit repetitive, but can anyone tell me anything else they could put in that would keep the game this great? I was talking to my brother, and he was like "its just either eavesdropping, pickpocketing, or interrogation. its so repetitive." then i asked him to come up with any other ways to do it. He couldn't think of anything.

So how about everyone stops being so critical and is thankful you got such a great game? (feels like I've been saying the same thing for forever now....)

Royal.Mist
11-17-2007, 10:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
amazing.

months, no years, up to this game, everyone was so excited and couldn't wait for it to be released. Now, as soon as it's out, you all hate it!

Personally, I've been taking my time to do everything, and I'm still only on my 3rd assassination. Yes, the saving citizen things may get a bit repetitive, but can anyone tell me anything else they could put in that would keep the game this great? I was talking to my brother, and he was like "its just either eavesdropping, pickpocketing, or interrogation. its so repetitive." then i asked him to come up with any other ways to do it. He couldn't think of anything.

So how about everyone stops being so critical and is thankful you got such a great game? (feels like I've been saying the same thing for forever now....) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gave your brother a minute to think of ideas when the Development Team had 3 years. A team of several people who make a career out of coming up with new and brilliant ideas.

Real nice.

spazzoo1025
11-17-2007, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
amazing.

So how about everyone stops being so critical and is thankful you got such a great game? (feels like I've been saying the same thing for forever now....) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gave your brother a minute to think of ideas when the Development Team had 3 years. A team of several people who make a career out of coming up with new and brilliant ideas.

Real nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the point isn't how long he or the team had to come up with ideas. The point was to show that all of the modern spy techniques (such as hacking a computer or bugging a telephone) are irrelevant, because there weren't that many things you could do during the Middle Ages.

Tell you what: you take a month off work or anything else you do, and come back to me with one good solid technique they could have added. Just one! thats all

Hollywood_009
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif i can say the game CAN be monotoness IF you let it you can ALWAYS do things different ways at the 4th assassionation i stalked my investagation targets from roof tops it made a total difference im just saying try different approches to your missions...thats how i do it but thats just me maybe im crazy idk