PDA

View Full Version : Customizing "Inflight "tunes & randomizing the same

jamesdietz
06-13-2008, 10:05 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/TheFew.jpg
For all the years I've been playing this sime ,I've also had the great pleasure of improving & customizing it thanks to third party's selfless work in everything from skins,missions,markings,rt chatter,tga backgrounds, etc..It is one of Oleg's great design that so much can be done to make this sim your own "version."
For at least the last year I've been using a package availavle from M4 of period tunes ads,& news broadcasts as my inflight entertainment.It was good but just like Wiley's radio chatter before it I finally got tired of the same songs played in the same order over & over again.
At the same time this happened Wiley sent me to a site where all sorts of period tunes (20's ,30's,40's,Brit sweet bands,news-literally 100's for free)could be easily downloaded.He was using them to break up the long voyages on Silent Hunter3 & knew I'd be interested on trying them out in Il2 1946.He was right,but he couldn't be much help in the process as the converter he used on the tunes didn't appear to work for the files needed to play on the "Inlight " folder in Il-2...neither could he help in randomizing the tunes once they were in place ...After all what's the use of having several hundred( yes its possible!) songs if they always play in the same order- even on the longest flights you'll still be hearing the same songs in the beginning over & over.
So I went on line in Community Help (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?s=400102&a=tpc&m=4181066566&f=49310655)& got a few bits of help that eventually worked!
So if you want to play Ray Noble , carroll Gibbons, al Bowlly from the London Ritz in 1940 like I do ,or play edless punk rock,as others might or anything in between here's how in a nutshell:
1.) Google CDex and download latest version
2.) Go to M4 download InFlight Randomizer.
3.) Using CDex convert your chosen songs ( from a file on your hard drive or directly from cd to "Riff.wavs.
4.) Toss these .wavs into Il-2 1946 Samples/Music /Inflight folder...apparently as many as you like.I'm still playng with this..
6.)Unzip Radomizer - do a quick read of "readme" file.
7.) Using notepad & following instructions found in "readme"change your RCU file in 1l-2
8.)Place shortcut on your "Desktop"
9.)That's about it,but again following readme, before you have asession with the sim ,click on the "Inflight shortcut" on your desktop-it will give you an ok,before you start the game.
10.) The only thing left is to adjust your volumns in game before you start flying- that's easy to do .
The above represents a bit of trial & error on my part,& might on yours( as those who have seen me around these places know-I'm not the brightest PC bulb in the box...one of the dimmest perhaps...)...but it seems to work just great...music doesn't start until after you have left the ground & plays until you land...
Honestly this was something I have wished for for years & here it is!
I hope BoBSoW has some of the same capabilities -it would be a shame if it does't!

jamesdietz
06-13-2008, 10:05 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/TheFew.jpg
For all the years I've been playing this sime ,I've also had the great pleasure of improving & customizing it thanks to third party's selfless work in everything from skins,missions,markings,rt chatter,tga backgrounds, etc..It is one of Oleg's great design that so much can be done to make this sim your own "version."
For at least the last year I've been using a package availavle from M4 of period tunes ads,& news broadcasts as my inflight entertainment.It was good but just like Wiley's radio chatter before it I finally got tired of the same songs played in the same order over & over again.
At the same time this happened Wiley sent me to a site where all sorts of period tunes (20's ,30's,40's,Brit sweet bands,news-literally 100's for free)could be easily downloaded.He was using them to break up the long voyages on Silent Hunter3 & knew I'd be interested on trying them out in Il2 1946.He was right,but he couldn't be much help in the process as the converter he used on the tunes didn't appear to work for the files needed to play on the "Inlight " folder in Il-2...neither could he help in randomizing the tunes once they were in place ...After all what's the use of having several hundred( yes its possible!) songs if they always play in the same order- even on the longest flights you'll still be hearing the same songs in the beginning over & over.
So I went on line in Community Help (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?s=400102&a=tpc&m=4181066566&f=49310655)& got a few bits of help that eventually worked!
So if you want to play Ray Noble , carroll Gibbons, al Bowlly from the London Ritz in 1940 like I do ,or play edless punk rock,as others might or anything in between here's how in a nutshell:
1.) Google CDex and download latest version
2.) Go to M4 download InFlight Randomizer.
3.) Using CDex convert your chosen songs ( from a file on your hard drive or directly from cd to "Riff.wavs.
4.) Toss these .wavs into Il-2 1946 Samples/Music /Inflight folder...apparently as many as you like.I'm still playng with this..
6.)Unzip Radomizer - do a quick read of "readme" file.
7.) Using notepad & following instructions found in "readme"change your RCU file in 1l-2
8.)Place shortcut on your "Desktop"
9.)That's about it,but again following readme, before you have asession with the sim ,click on the "Inflight shortcut" on your desktop-it will give you an ok,before you start the game.
10.) The only thing left is to adjust your volumns in game before you start flying- that's easy to do .
The above represents a bit of trial & error on my part,& might on yours( as those who have seen me around these places know-I'm not the brightest PC bulb in the box...one of the dimmest perhaps...)...but it seems to work just great...music doesn't start until after you have left the ground & plays until you land...
Honestly this was something I have wished for for years & here it is!
I hope BoBSoW has some of the same capabilities -it would be a shame if it does't!

FoolTrottel
06-13-2008, 10:10 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Good to see you got it running!

Thanks for sharing the how-to part!

BWaltteri
06-14-2008, 06:16 AM
I downloaded all that too but I didn't use it. In a Finnish campaign I just let winamp play my collection of 100 mp3's from 1930's and 40's and it worked fine.