PDA

View Full Version : AC:R ending *Spoilers

Acrimonious_Nin
12-04-2011, 09:08 AM
ok did anyone else notice that at the end,where william opens the doors of the van and you kinda camera glide to the cave..did you see the symbol(female)that lit up? at what i believe is the door to the mega-vault...sooo is desmond gonna commune with a goddess or something or is rebecca this so called "eve" that he needs to go through the gate with as juno said in brotherhood? cuz they seem to be in the middle of no where unless desmonds right hand is is "key" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif cuz i see no other "female" around to accompany him...cuz you know the only person that knew the truth kinda got deleted, unless those 2 extra gates were created by s16 for desmond..I hope!

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Probably a dead end when they get there. They already set us up for disappointment with a William line.

William : If were lucky, another prize. If were really lucky, something to end this miserable war.

I'm sure we'll only be lucky, or semi lucky.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
What I don't understand is that if all these temples TWCB built failed to save the world, why are we bothering with them this time?

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Were not.

He said there was ONE temple that housed the important stuff and to go there.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:10 AM
The Grand Temple failed too. It was the last one they tried and the best attempt but it was still an epic fail.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Exactly. Why start over when you can start half way in?

Acrimonious_Nin
12-04-2011, 10:13 AM
i have no idea it makes no sense , and i think they left out a big part in the whole revelations storyline ..which is the part where WE the gamers KNOW what desmond has to do ...cuz in my honest opinion there was no MAJOR revelation like truly does any one who finished the game know what he has to do..cuz it seems like desmond,his right hand, and that wall (plus the apple) are gonna save the world....like put the ENTIRE war on hold...we gotta stop the pesky sun from throwing a fit at us the earth ppl lol

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:13 AM
But TWCB were miles ahead of us technologically. If they failed, how can Desmond and co. hope to succeed? They should commit group suicide and save themselves the pain.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Easy. He does whatever they were doing with the technology...only faster.

As they only ran out of time and got cooked. They probably could of stopped it had the real WW1 not been going on above.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
But Desmond is not a TWCB brainiac. He worked as a bar tender.

Acrimonious_Nin
12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Easy. He does whatever they were doing with the technology...only faster.

As they only ran out of time and got cooked. They probably could of stopped it had the real WW1 not been going on above.

so tell me TWCB said transmit what in your head to your hands...where was the part where they give him the plans to save the world,all i saw in the final video was chaos...no solution..unless they plan on using desmond as a slave through the apple like in the truth video (AC2) to construct a solution...sounds boring http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
12-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Eregost:
But Desmond is not a TWCB brainiac. He worked as a bar tender.
Well he appears to be quite intelligent. He shows a great capability to understand both logical and philosophical problems. The only reason he was a bartender was because he didn't have an (official) education.

lukaszep
12-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Eregost:
But TWCB were miles ahead of us technologically. If they failed, how can Desmond and co. hope to succeed? They should commit group suicide and save themselves the pain.

TWCB failed because they ran out of time, whereas there is still time in the modern day.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eregost:

TWCB failed because they ran out of time, whereas there is still time in the modern day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep. Also their seventh plan is still a possible solution. They were too late to put it into action the last time, but all they're doing (which they technically already have done) that we've seen in AC seems to be focused on using Desmond to take that plan into action, apparently with the help of some woman.

jeremytwoface
12-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I hate this argument that people are making of "How can Desmond save the world if TWCB could not?"

It's a video game.

Just like in movies... It's not really meant to be plausible or realistic. It's meant to be a good story. And there's always a character overcoming a huge obstacle in games and movies.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by jeremytwoface:
I hate this argument that people are making of "How can Desmond save the world if TWCB could not?"

It's a video game.

Just like in movies... It's not really meant to be plausible or realistic. It's meant to be a good story. And there's always a character overcoming a huge obstacle in games and movies.
Very good point.

smengler
12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eregost:

TWCB failed because they ran out of time, whereas there is still time in the modern day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're cutting it kind of close. Isn't there less than a month left? Why couldn't they have let Desmond know a little bit sooner, since they've known this would happen for more than a billion years? I guess they've got to make it exciting somehow...

LightRey
12-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by smengler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

They're cutting it kind of close. Isn't there less than a month left? Why couldn't they have let Desmond know a little bit sooner, since they've known this would happen for more than a billion years? I guess they've got to make it exciting somehow... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh, unless ACR took over 2 months, no (I'm pretty sure it took about a week, btw) they still have about 3 months and that's not till the End of the World, that's till the Templar Satellite launch. We don't know when the world is supposed to end, though it could very well be on the same date considering the Mayan prediction.

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 03:19 PM
desmond cant help when he was born or captured...

smengler
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Eh, unless ACR took over 2 months, no (I'm pretty sure it took about a week, btw) they still have about 3 months and that's not till the End of the World, that's till the Templar Satellite launch. We don't know when the world is supposed to end, though it could very well be on the same date considering the Mayan prediction.

You're right, it's actually about two months before the satellite launches, since there's 72 days from the end of brotherhood until the satellite launches.

I also want to point out this (potential spoiler if you haven't played the ACR multiplayer yet):

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Emphasis on placed on the ASP becoming able to locate "individuals with potential". The ASP is heavily shielded and is presumabed to be operational in the face of even the worst predicted solar flares.</span>

This probably means that the satellite will be up just before the solar flare.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

You're right, it's actually about two months before the satellite launches, since there's 72 days from the end of brotherhood until the satellite launches.

I also want to point out this (potential spoiler if you haven't played the ACR multiplayer yet):

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Emphasis on placed on the ASP becoming able to locate "individuals with potential". The ASP is heavily shielded and is presumabed to be operational in the face of even the worst predicted solar flares.</span>

This probably means that the satellite will be up just before the solar flare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and that even after the event, the satellite would still be active.

smengler
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smengler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

This probably means that the satellite will be up just before the solar flare. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and that even after the event, the satellite would still be active. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure the satellite will be important in AC3 (or else they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it). If it stays up, this could be a good story for the post-AC-trilogy games.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm sure the satellite will be important in AC3 (or else they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it). If it stays up, this could be a good story for the post-AC-trilogy games.
Sounds like we've got some interesting stuff to look forward to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif