PDA

View Full Version : Just found my bubblewrap in AC1

DJBare
07-14-2010, 06:34 PM
You know how annoying the beggars, morons and drunks can be?, I've just discovered I can punch them without getting problems from the guards, old news to a lot of you I'm sure, but it's very theraputic after the frustration they cause during missions, I also noticed that after a fist fight, if you walk toward a nearby guard they step out of your way!

I'm certain I'm not the only one who gets frustrated by these particular NPCs, so I would like to know how you relieve your frustrations?

DJBare
07-14-2010, 06:34 PM
You know how annoying the beggars, morons and drunks can be?, I've just discovered I can punch them without getting problems from the guards, old news to a lot of you I'm sure, but it's very theraputic after the frustration they cause during missions, I also noticed that after a fist fight, if you walk toward a nearby guard they step out of your way!

I'm certain I'm not the only one who gets frustrated by these particular NPCs, so I would like to know how you relieve your frustrations?

Ru1986
07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Wait til you play AC2 (which is 100% better) and you get the singers and ukulele players in AC2 they look brilliant anbd the songs they sing are first class o and yes they do get in your way. Although luckily they dont do that anonoying push thing the morons do on AC1 TBH after playing AC2 AC1 is a bit of a moronish game and the annoying way they push you just depicts what that frustrating first game is all about. Annoyance.

AmazonAlani
07-15-2010, 01:39 PM
The ukulele/singers are annoying, but just bump or run into them, and they drop it and run away. I found AC1 harder with the begging women (don't forget those!) and the people that push you. A real stealth-wreaker.

- - -

DJBare
07-15-2010, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Wait til you play AC2 (which is 100% better) and you get the singers and ukulele players in AC2 they look brilliant anbd the songs they sing are first class o and yes they do get in your way. Although luckily they dont do that anonoying push thing the morons do on AC1 TBH after playing AC2 AC1 is a bit of a moronish game and the annoying way they push you just depicts what that frustrating first game is all about. Annoyance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I played AC2 first, definitely not 100% better but still good non the less, even though I have and completed both, the only one I ever really feel like a re-play on is AC1, the bards in AC2 are easy, I just "tap" the run button while they are in my way, they drop the lute and run away, the box carriers on the other hand deserve to be executed for reasons I stated in another thread.

lilbacchant
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Wait til you play AC2 (which is 100% better)
[....]
TBH after playing AC2 AC1 is a bit of a moronish game and the annoying way they push you just depicts what that frustrating first game is all about. Annoyance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't disagree more. In many ways, I still think AC1 is the superior game. About the only thing superior, that I can think of off the top of my head, that AC2 brought to the table was less repetitive game-play. Just my opinion, of course ....

lilbacchant
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:

I'm certain I'm not the only one who gets frustrated by these particular NPCs, so I would like to know how you relieve your frustrations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know you could punch the beggars w/ no repercussions, but I punched the drunks frequently. There's a few spots in the game where you literally have to account for them in order to complete missions w/out breaking your cover before the assassination (primary reason they were implemented in game-play, I presume).

LOL. In my first play-thru, I didn't know water was "the kiss of death", and one of them buggers pushed me off the docks. Ever since then, it's my sworn duty to punch them whenever I can. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

DJBare
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:
I didn't know you could punch the beggars w/ no repercussions, but I punched the drunks frequently. There's a few spots in the game where you literally have to account for them in order to complete missions w/out breaking your cover before the assassination (primary reason they were implemented in game-play, I presume).

LOL. In my first play-thru, I didn't know water was "the kiss of death", and one of them buggers pushed me off the docks. Ever since then, it's my sworn duty to punch them whenever I can. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Once I start a mission I then prepare the area, in Jerusalem there is a pickpocket challenge with the target inside a structure, two guards at the entrance and two morons inside, before I lock for pickpocket I kill the two guards which also panics the morons inside, then quickly move inside and stand against the wall near the exit, initially the target notices but if you stay put long enough before locking the target I found it safe to continue.

Having said that, preparation is my method throughout the game, when I first enter a city, I get all view points and save all citizens before continuing with the main missions, it's a blast when you go running through the streets followed by several guards, you suddenly notice it's gone quiet, you look back to see the vigilantes holding onto them.

lilbacchant
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:
Having said that, preparation is my method throughout the game, when I first enter a city, I get all view points and save all citizens before continuing with the main missions, it's a blast when you go running through the streets followed by several guards, you suddenly notice it's gone quiet, you look back to see the vigilantes holding onto them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's fairly similar to what I do, but I'll usually catch the SC and mission-info assignments at the same time; though sometimes doing a SC will disrupt one of the MI's so I skip and come back to them. Doing the actual main mission last always seemed like a no-brainer to me.

One of these days, I'm going to play a game w/out using the on-screen map. I suspect it'd be quite the challenge to find MI's w/out relying on map-markers; the SC and viewpoints would obviously be a bit easier, though still challenging.

Yeah, I absolutely adore it when a target runs from you, only to run smack into the arms of a vigilante while his head is turned back to see if he's lost you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif