PDA

View Full Version : Is the 2nd DLC officially cancelled?

timpbader
03-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Is the 2nd DLC officially cancelled while a new disk based game is worked on?

timpbader
03-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Is the 2nd DLC officially cancelled while a new disk based game is worked on?

DylanJosh9
03-20-2011, 05:07 AM
I'm assuming that.

L0lwu7
03-20-2011, 05:52 AM
They said they're not gonna release a new AC next year. Chances are they'll find some time to make it.

VeryFluffy
03-20-2011, 06:00 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6...g=result%3Btitle%3B3 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6298910.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B3) - Based on this, it sounds like it's practically confirmed we'll get a new AC this fall.

I can't find any info about a 2nd DLC. Did Ubisoft ever confirm they'd do more DLC beyond the one we just got?

timpbader
03-20-2011, 06:04 AM
We were supposed to get the spring DLC and 1 big DLC around the holidays as their scheduled release for the year.

ThaWhistle
03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L0lwu7:
They said they're not gonna release a new AC next year. Chances are they'll find some time to make it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

source?

Last I heard the CEO still said there was a major release for AC this year(2011)

kriegerdesgottes
03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
yeah it unfortunately looks like it's going to be a packaged full out game instead which is disappointing. and the source is an interview with Phillipe Bergeron that you can find on Youtube. I've already posted it on this forum like 3 times.

Ass4ssin8me
03-20-2011, 01:57 PM
They are getting, too Greedy. I dreaded the day, they ruined the AC series. Let's, hope this game isn't the start of it. AC:B was a failure if you ask me.

Johno_efc
03-20-2011, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
They are getting, too Greedy. I dreaded the day, they ruined the AC series. Let's, hope this game isn't the start of it. AC:B was a failure if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing no one did.

kriegerdesgottes
03-21-2011, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
They are getting, too Greedy. I dreaded the day, they ruined the AC series. Let's, hope this game isn't the start of it. AC:B was a failure if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately my friend, I believe it will be exactly that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif, and I totally understand where you are coming from with AC:B and although I don't think it's a failure, I think it's the first step into a dark direction for AC.

Eurostar7
03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
I dont think its because they are greedy, they just want to bring out a new full game, rather than a DLC. I heard they will put in the DLC content into the new game, so that means we might still see Ezio for a while in AC3.

If they were greedy, wouldnt you think theyd bring out the DLC, milk it and then bring AC3 out shortly after and make even more money? Think about it.

Mr_Shade
03-22-2011, 10:14 AM
There is no official statement on any game or DLC.. apart from the odd candid statement.. yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So until it's officially said, no one knows.. what is coming for sure...

El_Sjietah
03-22-2011, 10:42 AM

You, do not, know how, to, use commas.

magesupermaster
03-22-2011, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

You, do not, know how, to, use commas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

El_Sjietah! You're back! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

bitebug2003
03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
If any more DLC is planned - then please add a lair that provides a real challenge -- no chases, no time limit -- just pure parkour'ing with some nice environmental puzzles -- throw in a couple of flags and treasures (can you find them all?) for the completist.

[SPOILERS]

The Copernicus Conspiracy was bah!
Too much to'ing and fro'ing with not a lot of variation either.

The Da-Vinci Disappearance was great - too short though.

[END SPOILERS]

I want more DLC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

kriegerdesgottes
03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bitebug2003:
If any more DLC is planned - then please add a lair that provides a real challenge -- no chases, no time limit -- just pure parkour'ing with some nice environmental puzzles -- throw in a couple of flags and treasures (can you find them all?) for the completist.

[SPOILERS]

The Copernicus Conspiracy was bah!
Too much to'ing and fro'ing with not a lot of variation either.

The Da-Vinci Disappearance was great - too short though.

[END SPOILERS]

I want more DLC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, especially with the no time limit/no chase thing. Those two things are the reason I typically don't replay several missions.

O6EvolutionIXMR
03-22-2011, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

ROFL. Maybe he talks like...
http://www.jewoftheday.com/Ulpan/Images/WilliamShatner.jpg

elvindrummer
03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
My guess is there will be another DLC for brotherhood. They made 2 for assassinís creed 2 so I'm thinking at least two for this. And maybe more like map packs etc.

Also I think they will announce AC3 at E3 like they usually do. It seems like every year they put stuff out for that.

Also ppl who didn't like brotherhood that fine I mean it was kind of filler. Though I haven't finished the game yet I think if it didn't have any storyline (Desmond gameplay) then I would maybe consider them milking it. Personally I don't really care because I love creed so much they can make all the games they want I will still play them. But I see where people are coming from. I also think many fans wanted to see more Ezio so thatís why they did it.

But back on topic I haven't seen any places where they said it was canceled; also ubi has hired plenty of people to work on creed. There isn't just one team working on brotherhood than AC3. My guess is they have been working on AC3 since AC2 finished and have an entirely different team who is working on Brotherhood DLC and project legacy.

SAVMATIC
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
wow fans of this **** are so spoiled these days. we really have ppl *****ing about getting a new game this year. greedy? you dont know ****, and your probably greedy. next. yall know literally nothing about what is in store for these games, and also know next to nothing about what it takes to develop a game. also please get off your high horse talking about ACB is a "failure" when you bought and played it, still play it, and like these games so much your registered on the official forums and visit it regularly. so you look like a bunch of saps.
this is a garbage topic, why isnt is closed?

Colossus_1191
03-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Yea, it is great that we get an AC game yearly (if they continue the trend). Waiting sucks. If Brotherhood is any indication, then they can definitely pull off making a game every year.

kriegerdesgottes
03-23-2011, 10:47 AM
ok do you even hear yourselves? if BROTHERHOOD is any trend? what!? Brotherhood was good, not great! ACII was great, you want to know why? IT HAD TWO YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT TIME. oh and btw it wasn't replayable, you know why? THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PUT IT IN. That is also the reason they left out the two sequences which they later decided to make into dlc. Brotherhood is a passable side game because they recycled the crap out of it and made a short story out of it but guess what, it's going to happen over and over now. You can pretty much say goodbye to the greatness of the second game. It takes a lot to make a whole new character and setting especially, You can't just keep recycling ACII and expect to keep good quality.

samward
03-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Way to have faith in a team that has brought us nothing but BRILLIANCE so far! We all know that the AC games are worked on by an amazing team that have delivered us a series that have a storyline that time and time again rivals any motion picture or other video game out there. Besides the brilliant graphics and game play. It is not like these guys are going to make the next game from scratch from now till whenever they release it. They have been working on this, I am sure, for some time. After all they know where these games are going, so it not like they need to think of a way to add another game. I just think it is sad that we know nothing about the next game and yet so many people are downing it. Booo to you!

kriegerdesgottes
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree they are brilliant, and I agree they have done a great job so far, but when Ubisoft pays the bills and says make a game in a ridiculous amount of time because it's working for Activision and then later jean francois comes out and says what they are all really thinking only to have the Ubisoft head come out and say too bad so sad it's not your decision as to how long you get to make the game then yes I begin to worry for the development team which is brilliant, and for the series. here is a brief summary of what I am talking about http://playstationlifestyle.ne...ns-creed-final-fate/ (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/07/13/ubisoft-ceo-no-comment-on-assassins-creed-final-fate/) Jean Francois said the game needs time to grow and they need to take a couple years off to let the game become "strong" but ubisoft had other plans. Here is another video comment by jean francois boivin who is the awesome associate producer for the games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKnF8rt1P8 go to about 4:20 to hear his other comments he made about "things in life" that you might find interesting. If even the development team is worried, why shouldn't I be?

bitebug2003
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Judging by the credits of both games a HUGE team worked on both games (I didn't compare the credits to see if they were identical), but the bigger the team, the quicker the development - stands to reason no?

Building on an existing game, with an existing engine, adding to it, expanding on it wouldn't take as long as building it from scratch.

I was told way back that Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones was in it's concept stages at the time the Sands of Time was released.

So by my guess ACIII was already in the 'works' midway through ACII's development.

I might be a little late to the party, yes it is true that I couldn't get into the series (I didn't like it pure and simple).

But for some reason that changed when giving AC:B a go.
I absolutely love both games -- 68+ hrs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif on AC:B and 30+ hrs on ACII which I had to complete twice because the PS3 drive failed, and the save file was wiped (copy protected save file bahness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif ).

[SPOILERS]
Btw, I don't think that Brotherhood is a side game. How can it when it continues from where ACII ended?
[END SPOILERS]

Yes, there are some flaws in the story, and some gaps in the continuity but I thought came together rather well.

Anyway, I want a lengthy and challenging DLC I as already mentioned http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Colossus_1191
03-23-2011, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
ok do you even hear yourselves? if BROTHERHOOD is any trend? what!? Brotherhood was good, not great! ACII was great, you want to know why? IT HAD TWO YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT TIME. oh and btw it wasn't replayable, you know why? THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PUT IT IN. That is also the reason they left out the two sequences which they later decided to make into dlc. Brotherhood is a passable side game because they recycled the crap out of it and made a short story out of it but guess what, it's going to happen over and over now. You can pretty much say goodbye to the greatness of the second game. It takes a lot to make a whole new character and setting especially, You can't just keep recycling ACII and expect to keep good quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the sole reason that made ACII a great game is simply the length it took to make it? That is laughable.

And what did you expect out of Brotherhood? It is the same character from ACII, in a similar location with obviously the same type of gameplay. Of course it is going to be VERY similar. But, they continued the story for both Ezio and Desmond, and puts in LOADS of content. I have put in double the hours into Brotherhood than I did for AC II despite brotherhood taking only a year to make.

The next game is guaranteed not to be in Italy and not going to be Ezio. The rumors are French or American Revolution. You are telling me if AC III comes out this year with either French or American revolution as the backdrop, that it is going to be a rehash of ACII? Please.

kriegerdesgottes
03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
dude, nothing is guaranteed, you don't have a clue where the next one is going to be. and they are not going to have much of a choice in the matter if ubisoft only allows them so much time, is that what you want? just a rehash after rehash? each one only 9 to 10 sequences, Maybe you are not understanding me, or more likely not paying attention to what I am saying. I will try and make it clear for you. TO MAKE A GOOD GAME, are you still with me? IT TAKES TIME even for the best developers which ubisoft montreal in my opion probably are. Brotherhood pulled it off because it took the second game which was amazing and added to it. that's not going to work forever, especially in a new setting. I've probably already lost you.

Colossus_1191
03-23-2011, 12:31 PM
No, you haven't lost me. Basically, it takes more than a year to make a good game even though Brotherhood worked out. And if they release a game every year, it will just be a rehash of ACII, even if it takes place in an entirely different location and historical setting. Did I get all that brilliant logic correct?

misterB2001
03-24-2011, 04:51 AM
It's highly possible that they have been developing ac 3 from the ground up for at least a year and given that its not going to be released until 2012 means they could easily have had a 2.5 year development time on it.

I believe AC3 will be huge, with a completely new engine. It will be epic.

PurpleHaze1980
04-13-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing they've already gotten about halfway through ACIII. But even halfway through making it doesn't necessarily mean it's not long from being completed. They probably started (as other people mentioned) development for this game way into when ACII was still being made.

I'm guessing the storyboards for ACIII and a following sequel game have already been finished, the voicework probably has been completed too (voicework I was told is one of the earliest things done in game production). If the game is taking place in a differet era, different setting, then that means a lot of new designs are going to have be added, new buildings, new characters, new skins, new weaponry (and weapon effects), new armours and more.

There's so much that goes into these games (more than I think other general action games) which means it probably WILL take longer.

I DID hear an AC game would be released this year, but I was told that AC game would be for the new Nintendo 3DS or whatever it is and not for larger consoles or PC.

As greedy as some of us get (and god I DO want more!) I doubt we're getting anything within the next year. I'm guessing there will be an EVENTUAL release of the Copernicus Conspiracy for PC (mostly just to keep us content and to shut us up in the meanwhile) but I somehow don't think they'll be focused on releasing anything relatively new for this game.

Ureh
04-13-2011, 11:58 PM
I think the people at Ubi are confused. I think we're confused. There are so many mixed responses from both sides.

"Yes, there will be one this year. In fact, there will be one every year!"

"Nah, it's time to take a break. Maybe next year."

"There won't be one for 2 years! Excellent! 1 per year is too much."

"There will be 2 in 2 years! Yay!"

"This is a game related to assassins."

"No, actually what they meant to say was it's related to Assassin's Creed."

Blind2Society
04-14-2011, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
I think the people at Ubi are confused. I think we're confused. There are so many mixed responses from both sides.

"Yes, there will be one this year. In fact, there will be one every year!"

"Nah, it's time to take a break. Maybe next year."

"There won't be one for 2 years! Excellent! 1 per year is too much."

"There will be 2 in 2 years! Yay!"

"This is a game related to assassins."

"No, actually what they meant to say was it's related to Assassin's Creed." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Sounds about right... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ass4ssin8me
04-14-2011, 04:29 AM

Ummm... Yes I do. I am a writer and think I know how to use commas. However, I admit, I do overuse them on the internet.. Its a bad typing habit.

crash3
04-14-2011, 05:05 AM
has it occured to anyone that seeming that ACB was so short if not rushed, and that ubisoft has such a massive team and budget, that they could have been working on AC3 at the sametime as ACB so it will have had two years of development like AC2 so hopefully it will be much longer and much more in depth than ACB?

SteelCity999
04-14-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
has it occured to anyone that seeming that ACB was so short if not rushed, and that ubisoft has such a massive team and budget, that they could have been working on AC3 at the sametime as ACB so it will have had two years of development like AC2 so hopefully it will be much longer and much more in depth than ACB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They actually were working on AC:B during AC2. Rome was initally supposed to be included in AC2 but they had so much content they decided to separate them into 2 games. Also MP had been in the works for awhile as well. The major failures between the 2 games is the lack of developed story in AC:B and the incompleteness of the missing sequences in AC2 - they really could and should have been alot better and included in AC2 from the start.

I'm sure there will always be some sort of overlap due to the nature of the story.

crash3
04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
i hope AC3 is as long as AC2 and ACB combined, that would be my perfect game length, it is possible i mean look how long Red Dead Redemption and The Saboteur were.

a longer singleplayer campaign would make for a more thorough, in depth and progressive storyline too which i think AC is missing at the moment

anyway with regards to the discussion topic, id be very surprised if ubisoft dont release more ACB DLCs, that would leave such a rushed/vague storyline that is unfinished i mean where was ezio in 1504 and 1505?

also i hope that if there is another DLC, we be allowed to free roam in the AC2 cities, i would love to explore them with the graphics and combat improvements that ACB made also it would give good closure on all the cities from AC2 and ACB

Razrback16
04-14-2011, 10:45 AM
I would love to see one more single player DLC just to finish off Ezio's story as a whole and show him essentially ending his life happy with a girl. That poor dude has not been very lucky in the love dept.

Ureh
04-14-2011, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:
I would love to see one more single player DLC just to finish off Ezio's story as a whole and show him essentially ending his life happy with a girl. That poor dude has not been very lucky in the love dept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, kinda sucks that he slept with so many women and hasn't found love yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
i hope AC3 is as long as AC2 and ACB combined, that would be my perfect game length, it is possible i mean look how long Red Dead Redemption and The Saboteur were. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds pretty good. The first playthrough is always the one where most people wish it never ends. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

crash3
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
ive played through ACB 3 times now, it would still feel fresh if another DLC were released- i wanna finish ezios story off properly

wiccanlovely
04-15-2011, 05:06 AM
http://donald-harris.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/picard-facepalm2.jpg

I'm not sure why people are whining that AC:B was crappy and a "step backwards". I rather think it was a step in the right direction really. They really did a good job for getting it out within a year.

Anyways getting back on subject, I really want there to be at least on more DLC to formally say good-bye to Ezio and Italy. For example, closing that long held debate on whom exactly he reproduced with. I swear its like the mystery of the year.

Ass4ssin8me
04-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Its just personal opinion. I can't get through AC:B a second time, where-as AC 1 and 2 I got through 3 times. I didn't like it, and most things where just re-cycled. Also I don't like the way they had just one big city. It made everything seem the same, and the map small despite it being the biggest map yet.

Ureh
04-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I liked how they mysteriosly concluded Altair's life in his Codex journal. I'd like to see that again. It was a great insight into the mind of Altair and the events after AC1. I've read them many times now. DLC is a little overboard and an important conclusion to Ezio's life - if they ever write one - deserves a place in the main game and not dlc. I guess it just feels more appropriate to me that way.

Wantmeaninja
04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
DLC is a little overboard and an important conclusion to Ezio's life - if they ever write one - deserves a place in the main game and not dlc. I guess it just feels more appropriate to me that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more. It should have been in the main story. But.... if it comes in the form of DLC then I'll take it just for the sake of finality. I still think the beginning of AC3 will be the end of Ezio's story. At this point who knows?