PDA

View Full Version : The Top Ten Aces on Warclouds by K/D

Von_Rat
03-05-2005, 02:46 PM
warclouds doesn't list pilots by k/d, at least i can't find it. so here are the top ten aces on warclouds by kill death ratio.

i took the 50 highest scorers, then rank them by k/d.

the lowest number of kills by any of the 50 i checked was in the 90s.
i figured any pilot with that many kills has flown enough for his k/d ratio to be a pretty good barometer of his skills.

anyway for those of you interested the top ten warclouds pilots are.

PLAYER K/D

NIK14, 16.7
AFJ MANTIS, 13.1
EMB, 9.5
UDET1, 9.3
402 KLINK, 8.5
FATBOYHK, 7.4
FISH6891, 7.3
JV44 VONRAT, 7.2
MAD MOSES, 7.1
AFJ WASP, 7.1

LeadSpitter_
03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
http://www.stats.war-clouds.com/wf/playerdetails.php?id=214

btw only stacko shot me down in the air rest were all vulch deaths.

So roughly about 12 deaths for every 100 kills avg. Sparx can go ahead and delete that name if he likes I only flew it for 2 days, and going to fly under leadspitter.

I wanted one allied name and one axis name but its not allowed in wc

gates123
03-05-2005, 04:47 PM
And those same pilots who have fired their guns at Greatergreen :

NIK14 , 4.0
EMB, 2.0
402 KLINK, 1.0
FISH6891, 1.5

even ol'Goodknights at 2.5

LeadSpitter_
03-05-2005, 04:51 PM
I didnt check by gg stats but definatly have so many deaths as i was flying the val he111 and stuka most of the time.

The thing about stats is everyones so worried about them and ruins the gameplay irs rare people will use twin engine bombers or stukas becuase they are so worried about stats even in GG. 1-2 he111s and 28 109s

p1ngu666
03-05-2005, 05:23 PM
http://www.stats.war-clouds.com/wf/playerdetails.php?id=416

ph00r me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

last time i flew i was in b25, hit target just, and was set apon by lw on way home

damage alot before i spiraled in (jammed controls, couldnt unturn)

if u fly bombers or jabo, then u are WAY more likely to die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

roll on tempest and mossie http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

LStarosta
03-05-2005, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
I didnt check by gg stats but definatly have so many deaths as i was flying the val he111 and stuka most of the time.

The thing about stats is everyones so worried about them and ruins the gameplay irs rare people will use twin engine bombers or stukas becuase they are so worried about stats. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny... Whenever your stats are great, you rub it in people's faces... But whenever they aren't you go explain how "stupid" stats are...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Von_Rat
03-05-2005, 06:14 PM
bomber stats should be separate, jv44 rall and heinzbar are great fighter pilots, but their stats suffer from flying alot of jabo missions.

hi gates, is a 4.0 k/d any good at GG. i did a little random checking of top scorers, it seems 4.0 is pretty good.

leadspitter, i have a differant allied name on wc, as far as i know its allowed.

Aztek_Eagle
03-05-2005, 06:57 PM
greatergreen requieres alot more skill than warclouds, u dont have icons on enemy so u dont know who u r fighting till u gey eye ID by getting close, and it can become deadly if u met in a head on and happens to be a fully loaded angry enemy pilot, what type of plane or anything, the maps are historical.... in warclouds u fly the best plane for allies if u wanna fly allies, and the best for lufwafe if u want to go luftwafe, besides the annoyance of 1942 planes in late war battles... me my self, i like the ta152, i could just stay above 10k and nothing would ever touch me... but eye i dont care about stats if i am gona be wasting alot of time just on climbing to 10k, and then feel in danger and dive away... thats ridiculos... those guys like AJF for example, fly above 5k, if they feel in danger they just dive away towards their base,.... thats how this ppl get good stats, thats all..... i had 30 KDR in greatergreen till i got annoyed and decided to do what i like the most! flying low and scaring the cows loaded wiht bombsz and rockets to atack enemy base or targets... and twin engine bf110 to! (then it droped to less than 3 very fast!)

Aztek_Eagle
03-05-2005, 07:01 PM
besides 30 KDR doesnt mean i was not shoot down, i was just lucky enough to be flying high enough to take on my parachute

Von_Rat
03-05-2005, 07:08 PM
from the little ive flown on gg, under another name, it seemed that there was alot of low alt tnb. that could account for differance. its alot easier staying alive bnz ing. i'll have to give gg another try, see if i can get same or better k/d, ill just be bnz of course.

flying at 10k and diving away if in danger is more real to me than silly low alt furballs.

LeadSpitter_
03-05-2005, 07:08 PM
whos bragging about stats? I dont care nor play for them, I said i do good in wc and in gg did bad becuase I enjoy flying bombers and going for targets. Dont matter to me

good to see you around and posting again aztek_eagle i was wondering have you made any movies lately? The last one was one of the best I seen

gates123
03-05-2005, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von_Rat:
bomber stats should be separate, jv44 rall and heinzbar are great fighter pilots, but their stats suffer from flying alot of jabo missions.

hi gates, is a 4.0 k/d any good at GG. i did a little random checking of top scorers, it seems 4.0 is pretty good.

leadspitter, i have a differant allied name on wc, as far as i know its allowed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah anything close to 4 is insanely good, but without looking into too much I know GR-142 Pipper has a 4.1 with over 500 kills. Not sure if theres any others that can top that.

BlackShrike
03-05-2005, 08:33 PM
aztec eagle your assumption that all the afjs fly at 5k and such is incorrect. 99% of all kills occur at about 1000 to 3000 FEET off deck. so therefore guess where all those top ten pilots hang out? ive yet seen any plane that can zoom climb from 1000 FEET back up to 15,000 FEET.

please try again. oh and dive away afj? we fly allied planes. you know spits and stangs. its the axis planes that have the dive away ability. not the allied. try diving away in a spit and you die instantly. and ive yet to meet a stang that can dive away from a 109 or 190.

try again on that one too AZTEC EAGLE. were always available for 1v1 practice or team scrimmage if you wish to see.

LStarosta
03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackShrike:
aztec eagle your assumption that all the afjs fly at 5k and such is incorrect. 99% of all kills occur at about 1000 to 3000 FEET off deck. so therefore guess where all those top ten pilots hang out? ive yet seen any plane that can zoom climb from 1000 FEET back up to 15,000 FEET.

please try again. oh and dive away afj? we fly allied planes. you know spits and stangs. its the axis planes that have the dive away ability. not the allied. try diving away in a spit and you die instantly. and ive yet to meet a stang that can dive away from a 109 or 190.

try again on that one too AZTEC EAGLE. were always available for 1v1 practice or team scrimmage if you wish to see. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, diving scissors can be used to great effect against 109's, especially if you're in a Mustang, because you've got elevator control superiority...

FatBoyHK
03-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow!!! mummy I am in the list, I am in the list!!!!! lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

aztec eagle, two things for you:

1. What is wrong if I fly at altitute?? isn't it a senisble way to fly? also, flying above 5000 won't give you easy kills, you still need to work hard for it.... You simply can't disregard one's skill by this reason.

2. If one really restrict himself to high-alt only, I think he can get may be 3 kills per day, at most, there aren't many people flying above 3000. To do some serious damge, one need to leave his comfort zone....The Number of kills you land is proportional to the risk you take, and the number of successful RTB is proportional to the the SA and the quailty of judgement you have... To be a successful pilot, one need both of them. Have the former only, you would have tons of kill but also tons of death.... Have the latter only, you got a uber K/D ratio, but just a handful of kill to support your claim.

And BlackShrike:

Mustang is great in dive, I am not sure if it is better than a FW, but I am sure it can leave a 109 standing instantly.

LStarosta
03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
What's up FatBoy?

A few words of advice: Don't dive after a Fw.

Pull up, maintain your SA, and re-engage. Reason being is that there are maneuvers you simply can't follow a well flown Fw with (excellent roll rate at high speed allows for substantial changes in velocity, so substantial in fact, that you simply can't match them), and you'll end up blacking out. That's bad enough if it's just him and you. If he's got his friends in the area, your guts just smeared another kill mark on Jerry's vertical stabilizer.

By the same token, evading a Fw by diving is not a very good idea. If he REALLY wants you, you're dead. If you're gonna dive away from him, do it before he gets within range. Most likely he won't want to bother diving to the deck, especially if he just finished his exhausting climb to altitude. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Thanks to my fellow aces Prefontaine and Fish for bringing this to my attention firsthand!

JG7_SITH
03-05-2005, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
http://www.stats.war-clouds.com/wf/playerdetails.php?id=214

btw only stacko shot me down in the air rest were all vulch deaths.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah not really .
I had you crippled & running for home . But I got a little too close collide . If it matters any .

JG7_SITH
03-05-2005, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aztek_Eagle:
warclouds u fly the best plane for allies if u wanna fly allies, and the best for lufwafe if u want to go <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not everyone . I fly "42" G2 only in WC , currently with 4.6 K/D with it .

Its still a deadly plane VS 43-44 models .

LeadSpitter_
03-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I could have swore you vulched me sith landing at a white nuetral base sith when i had zero fuel left. I wish stats would show vulches in the script as a seperate catagory it can be done becuase of the "vulched" message.

Im pretty sure becuase I remember taking 25% in the mustang with afj and megile staying 6000-8000m and had to land quick.

there was one other mission when i was in the mustang bnzing a 190 on the map with the ships and becons as targets, cant remember the name of it now which i shotup a 190 bad for 5-6 seconds and he pulled up my plane exploded on his tail and he was fine.

What were you flying if you remember sith?

JG7_SITH
03-05-2005, 10:16 PM
I could have swore you vulched me sith landing at a white nuetral base sith when i had zero fuel left. I wish stats would show vulches in the script as a seperate catagory it can be done becuase of the "vulched" message.

What were you flying if you remember sith? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep I'm sure . You paged me later in HL after we got death kick and ask why did I run into you .Then you got me twice after that. I was in a G2 and I believe you were in a spit at the time .

Yep it would be interesting to see a list of vulchers .

HellToupee
03-05-2005, 10:17 PM
<brag>

http://www.stats.war-clouds.com/wf/playerdetails.php?id=1254

mines 6.5 but vics and defeats dont seem to show
</brag>

http://www.greatergreen.com/stats/il2/playerdetails.php?id=1526

but only 1.3 on greater green

p1ngu666
03-05-2005, 10:23 PM
yeah, g2 is good plane.
tempted to fly a g6, just see how good, or bad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif i will do.

FatBoyHK
03-06-2005, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
A few words of advice: Don't dive after a Fw.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you are quite right... but not everything. Not every dive need to be ended on the deck. At 8000 - 12000 ft Mustang is still faster.

And If I dive on a FW, I usually go for snap shot, I won't slow down for a tracking shot unless I have a wingman with me. While he try to evase by rolling and turning, I keep my speed and extent for another pass.

The key point is, don't be too greedy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bolillo_loco
03-06-2005, 01:34 AM
hum............... I died in w/c last week 2-3 times just because somebody taxied into me when I spawned in. then I had an over zealous spit ram me from behind and blow up my plane while I was shooting a 109 off of a fellow player. in less than an hour I died 4x. stats bah :O

notgoodknight
03-06-2005, 12:58 PM
so the logical conclusion is that the best pilots fly on greatergreen.

karost
03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by notgoodknight:
so the logical conclusion is that the best pilots fly on greatergreen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's hard to compare between WC and GG
both are the best , just select the one we like.

how about FULL SWITCH with One DeadKick
that is my best DFserver http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Aztek_Eagle
03-06-2005, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG7_SITH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aztek_Eagle:
warclouds u fly the best plane for allies if u wanna fly allies, and the best for lufwafe if u want to go <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not everyone . I fly "42" G2 only in WC , currently with 4.6 K/D with it .

Its still a deadly plane VS 43-44 models . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well the bf109g2 in warclouds is like the i16 in other servers, it is slow... but not much slow in reality for a 1942 plane....u cannot catch up p51 or p47s, but, ofcurse ur friends in bf109ks, and fw190a9 can... the p51 can out turn this 2, so he tout turns the enemy,... and so now the g2 gets a change at it, now the p51 cannot out turn him, and the g2 gets a chance to criple the p51 and make him slow so he cannot run away and then u get the kill eventualy.... u wont fly a bf110 in there would u?

Aztek_Eagle
03-06-2005, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von_Rat:
from the little ive flown on gg, under another name, it seemed that there was alot of low alt tnb. that could account for differance. its alot easier staying alive bnz ing. i'll have to give gg another try, see if i can get same or better k/d, ill just be bnz of course.

flying at 10k and diving away if in danger is more real to me than silly low alt furballs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

now see the 2 diferences between warclouds and GG, In warclouds rarely any one goes for ground targets witch are very dispersed on the map.... in greatergreen those silly fureballs are created around bombers, or ground atack aircraft ataking ground targets at low altitude..... that was a problem for the germans in ww2.... at high alt they would out perform evrything the russians had... but are you going to ignore the strafing of ur troopS? so here you go into low altitude atack on bombers, witch is very dangerous as u make ur self vulnerable to higher fighter cover of the bombers... i died many times like this... i take the mission serious and i want to win it... so r u gona ignore the bombers?....

many do because they get blasted away and their silly stats look bad.... in a zero requieres bravevery and alot of skill to atack even a Dive bomber

Aztek_Eagle
03-06-2005, 02:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackShrike:

try again on that one too AZTEC EAGLE. were always available for 1v1 practice or team scrimmage if you wish to see. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

last time i was at WC me and my wingman met 4 p51 at 4k 3k, in the eventual dogfight all dived away because of our teamworking avility and trust, all dived away, 2 of those p51 were flown by ur squadmates, i mean notthing wrong wiht staying alive..... i am no match to much ppl in a 1 vs 1, especialy as i am more experienced on heavy planes

Von_Rat
03-06-2005, 02:57 PM
alot of players go for the ground targets on warclouds, not all bombers fly on deck you know.

1st you clear out hi cover fighters then you can dive down to bnz attack a bomber, leaving hi cover for yourseleves, then climb to do again. getting yourself killed in a low alt furball with a none tnb plane ,aint going to help any.

how did this thread get to be,,,, my server is better than yours. there both good, differant but good.

oh btw you see a fair number of me110s in warclouds, watch out for sargazam, he's scary in a 110.

Aztek_Eagle
03-06-2005, 03:23 PM
i am not saying warclouds is a bad server... i look for historical plane set, ground targets.... then greatergreen is the best server for me, il2 fly low, bf110 fly low, b25 he111 tb3 are the only bombers that can fly high and be sucefull, besides fighters in a dive bomber role

JG7_SITH
03-07-2005, 07:19 AM
but not much slow in reality for a 1942 plane....u cannot catch up p51 or p47s, but, ofcurse ur friends in bf109ks, and fw190a9 can... the p51 can out turn this 2, so he tout turns the enemy,... and so now the g2 gets a change at it, now the p51 cannot out turn him, and the g2 gets a chance to criple the p51 and make him slow so he cannot run away and then u get the kill eventualy.... u wont fly a bf110 in there would u? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not Really . The G2 can out turn any P-51 at slow to medium speed . Kills come from when the P-51, 47 , 39 DO NOT extend . How ever at fast speeds P-51 has a little turn advantage over the G2 . When the 51 bleeds its speed it is dog meat and not just for the G2 .

Fly 110 why ? Hahahah G2 can do the same thing faster . Just not with the same load out .

F19_Ob
03-07-2005, 07:39 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
We could use a few such lads in il-2's or bf110's on most servers, Or why not stukas or other low surviables.
I have always tried to persuade good players to convert to crapcrates but lately this quest more and more seems like a fools arrend.

Converting is fun and educational, and u are allowed to swear and curse if shot down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

RedNeckerson
03-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Disagree about GG being more difficult than WC.

It's just different because it has no deathkick, no icons for enemies, and different maps.

I do like the variety of GG server though.(Except for the Jap-Maps) You get to fly some 41 and 42 stuff, good variety. They even had a jet map up the other day.

WC can be really annoying sometimes with the deathkick, I got vulched twice the other day and kicked from the server before I could even start my engine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I fly both servers.

anarchy52
03-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Slightly OT, my thoughts on dog (airquake) servers:

I go to dogfight servers ...well...to dogfight of course. Flew a few times with jg44 and that fishy fellow, was fun, but in general I find dog servers un-immersive. Its either playing chess on high alt waiting for some poor bastard to not check his 6 often anough or orbit around ground targets dive, kill, extend climb, orbit, dive kill, extend, orbit...booooring

You guessed right I am a bellum fan(atic) and proud of it. Bellum (http://il2fb-bellum.com.ar/) was as real as it gets in FB. Tactics and teamwork were the only way to survive, completing mission objectives was the only way to win, missions themselves had clear purpose and immediate result on the front lines.

RedDeth
03-07-2005, 12:43 PM
fullreal is now airquake? looooooooool

now i have seen it all

Fish6891
03-07-2005, 02:57 PM
ANARCHY: I played my first few BW missions recently with a bunch of guys from the PF squadron, and I agree with you on how immersive they are, BW rocks :]

I don't necessarily agree w/what you said about the DF servers, sure sometimes it can be tedious of theres few ppl on the server or if the map stinks, but often it's a lot more than what you've described. I enjoy both BW and DF servers, fun fun :]

RED: I don't like your sig, its unrealistic :P

GUARD4000
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I've tried GG today,because i saw it was running a map with mustang.The first difference i noticed is that there are no icons for enemy.It may make sneaking a littel easier,but once u open fire,u have to finish the enemy quick,because a lot guys will come when they see tracers.(pretty strange no one saw that FW before i opened fire-i thought those guys must get used to no icons,so they will find enemy before i do)They did come.I got 3 friendly A/Cs shooting over my shoulders.2 ponies and a Jug."WTF?"I said to myself,"on WC only spits do this."

VBF-83_Hawk
03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
does zekes vs wildcats have stats?

Aztek_Eagle
03-07-2005, 04:13 PM
in reality dead kick only makes pilots less willing to take risks, and many dont even dare to close the frontline because if they r shoot down and bail out begine enemy lines it is like if u were kill any ways, and less agresive, as i had said before, warclous most if they feel in danger dive away to their base.... in greatergreen i seen some very agresive pilots who do wonders with a plane that u did not spect to turn around and bite you... when i was flying a bf110, i spoted a la5, i knew i could not run nor hide... so we got an amazing airbatle at low altitude, the la5 would do very sharp turns and lose speed, i took my distance before turning towards him again,i whent head on 3 times wiht him and he evide me very well, sadly the fight did not have end and the mission changed... there is some very good guy named Kootenai, i was giving him some high cover on a bomb run on his bf110, i saw this guy shoot down 3 spits in a big airbattle witch is hard to stay alive as u said... it was realy fun.. ppl are willing to take risk for example wiht ppl like me and kootenia willing to fly some tough planes like bf110 in his intentded heavy fighter role wiht sucess... sometimes i wonder if the bf110 was so bad, if been extremly agresive in it u can lave ur enemy mouht half way open, the server becomes funner, and u find some very experienced heavy fighters, bombers, dive bombers, not only fighter freaks,

Aztek_Eagle
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
besides some one here said that in warclouds there r many ppl who go ground atack... i have never seen in the much time i spended and spend sometimes at warclouds an airbattle developing around a bomber formation

HayateAce
03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
GG all the way, the lufties there have to face off frequently against VVS planes. MUCH more difficult, and the home of the true LW aces.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RedNeckerson
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
GG all the way, the lufties there have to face off frequently against VVS planes. MUCH more difficult, and the home of the true LW aces.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

The western allied planeset overall is superior to the VVS planeset.

The combination of Spitfire, P-51, and P-47(add P-38 for ground attack) is much more versatile and more deadly as a whole than the VVS planeset. And that is a fact.

RedDeth
03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
aztec eagle your premise that the 1 death and your kicked setting is worse is a matter of perspective.
with a one kill death kick pilots are much more cautious. true true. that means they will bail from a totally ruined plane instead of continuing to try to dogfight. it means they will bail to live and not get kicked. also they wont follow you all the way into a pack of ten friendlies on a suicide mission to bring you down. they will turn and call for buddies. maybe hide in the clouds till the enemies give up.... maybe just maybe itll make pilots fly like pilots and more realistic instead of suicide dives into 15 enemies just to take out one pilot they dont like and want to kill.

warclouds is the closest you can get to realistic flight patterns as it simulates a real life. you protect it. you bail when on fire. you dont act like a idiot by deliberately ramming opponents. you dont do constant head on attacks and press a bad situation. you fly higher and go for the advantage instead. imagine that.

ok enough on that rant.

FIIIIISSSH! YO feeesh! whats up buddy.

"RED: I don't like your sig, its unrealistic :P"

hey this sig is actually a robert taylor print that i have hanging on my wall. its way cool. and though you cant see it in the background there are many fws following spits too. robert taylor prints rock. i have 5. i have one signed by adolf galland. another is signed by 6 aces erich hartmann, gunther rall, walter krupinski, johannes "macky" steinhoff, dieter hrabak, and herbert ihlefeld total kills on those six pilots on one print is about 1300 kills on six pilots. all six signed 1 print. i have a lot of cool prints like that. they go up in value every year.

google robert taylor. you wont regret it. and check him on ebay too

the spit print in my sig is signed by 38 canadian and british spit pilots including THE johnnie johnson, hap kennedy and other well known names

Badsight.
03-07-2005, 09:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedDeth:
fullreal is now airquake? looooooooool

now i have seen it all <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
nearly any DF room , regardless of settings is airquaking (just about)

you dont have a refly button in Real Life

you want FB/PF to properly simulate the consequences of losing in a DF ? then you Coop or you fly a VEF or other non-refly mission

RedDeth
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
quake is a sub par first person non stop action shooter.

now you can call it airunrealtournament if you like. THATS a great game.

but fullreal isnt airquake. ive done tons of tournaments with one life is all you get and those are a blast but that doesnt make F.R. airquake. thats ludicrous.

Badsight.
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
that you can "refly" makes DF rooms airquaking

not the settings , its the arcade use of FB . whereas one-life-only-no-reflying use of FB is replicating historical consequences as far as possible with this game

the term was thought up & is used to denegrate DF room users , i use it too -- but then again im a big fan of DF rooms & enjoy it as much as the next DFing FB fan

dont expect me to BS about what it truely is tho

RedDeth
03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
calling it airquake is kinda derogatory and in essence your saying scripted coops are morally superior and thus not airquake.

i have one word from my british cohort that sums up that whole hypothesis

RUBBISH.

if you prefer coops youll call dogfighting airquake. but if you dont like coops and i really dont care one way or another about coops then you may call coops Boring.

ive done many coops where half the pilots crash into each other on the freekin runway. and you have to restart 13 times. other times you sit around drinking an ENTIRE bottle of cabernet just waaaaiting to get to the target area.

to each his own but fullreal dogfight rooms with objectives, target areas, and if you die you get kicked from the server for an amount of time well.....thats seriously NOT AIRQUAKE.

WARCLOUDS...... live it.....love it.........its not airquake. period.

p.s. sparx you seriously need to throw in some different planesets dude. thats my only gripe. same dang planes same dang maps same dang bat channel. thats the only plus side of greater green and warbirds. throw in a map or two of pacific or mid or early year and youll scare the pants off every other fullreal server.

QUACK!

Badsight.
03-08-2005, 12:00 AM
they dont even have to be scripted

the whole point is that you cannot refly & get some more action , you find your target & fight & survive

or get shot down

no come-backs , one life in one sortie with a mission at hand

planned DF rooms hardly compare in "mission quality" against planned Coops

wherever you get to refly , you in the middle of DFing airquake . I didnt make the term up , but it totally fits DF room useage of FB

i love flying in DF rooms as much as the next guy

RedDeth
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
well if i get the last word in i win so

i know you are but what am i?

Recon_609IAP
03-08-2005, 06:02 AM
I'd like to see the stat for who has destroyed the most targets to win the map.

That is the real hero imo - the best fighter on the map is the one who helps his teammates

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-08-2005, 06:44 AM
If I may?

Both of these servers have their following and both are well-supported by admins that simply love this game and want to make it a better experience for all who wish to "join".

If you have fun on either of these servers, consider yourself lucky to even have them there for your use/criticism.

Personally, I like gg better (duh!). Mostly because I don't like icons on enemy AC, but also because I like to have the opportunity to experience ALL aspects of the airwar (i.e. early/late, air to air and ground-pounding)

The deathkick on WC added a dimension that was interesting and Sparx has modified it periodically to try to make it better. Kudos to him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . I still don't like it when I spawn and get rammed by someone streaking accross the runway perpendicularly or I get vulched and kicked almost immediately. It's NOT the occurrence, rather getting kicked that bothers me. I can hold my own on just about any server (not bragging mind you) and to get kicked after being on for 3 minutes to no fault of my own simply sux.

When Sammie contacted me about forming a squad whose home would be on greatergreen, I was elated as I always liked the progressive, historical nature of the server. We have dabbled with different settings as well and (as some will remember) we even did away with the speedbar and minimap path for awhile. All of our maps lean towards historically accurate planesets/scenarios with a certain amount of artistic license for playability.

The bottom line is this...are you having fun? if not, you shouldn't play/fly wherever you are.

my .02c

TB

karost
03-08-2005, 08:41 AM
I agree with TgD

I like GG batter too ( oops.. ) but WC with 1DK made their members look like a professional killer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif event still show icon but that balace the situation not too hard

I see a stat in WC and wonder..! FW-190A9 made a batter job than BF-109G6AS when compare with K/D. How it be ? they have a batter team work or batter tactic ?

regards,

S~

FatBoyHK
03-08-2005, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by karost:
I see a stat in WC and wonder..! FW-190A9 made a batter job than BF-109G6AS when compare with K/D. How it be ? they have a batter team work or batter tactic ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wonder? 190 is indeed a better plane for experienced pilots, and A9 is especially good because of its twin MK108s. D9 should be even better, but you should know what has been done on the 151/20, right? :P

It is easy to underestimate a 190. I know that, because I was among one of these people when I started playing online 3 months ago http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Fish6891
03-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Its not just for experienced pilots, I only started to fly a few months ago, and regardless of my inexperience I love the A9 :] (and all the other FW's, they all rock)

lbhskier37
03-08-2005, 11:22 AM
They record stats? Would've never known or cared. They should have a stat for the guy who saves the most bombers a55es flying escort.

p1ngu666
03-08-2005, 11:33 AM
last time i played quake, there wasnt externals http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

WC for many ppl is airquake, id say 80% at most go for mission objectives...

coops give a better missions imo

WC has a touch of history server, but no one flies there, cos they might not have there p51 109 190 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

karost
03-08-2005, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"coops give a better missions imo" I agree like vef2,Bellum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"WC for many ppl is airquake 80%" I not agree many friends are old hand and they just like to play open-fun(airquake) that so , SPaRX turn WC with 1DK and this ppl has no problem and will turn airquake-player upgrade to be professional players.

Fish6891 is a new good pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif he know well about the meaning of energy management ( he know when to play with sword/spear ) hope to see him at Bellum list

FatboyHK is the best of MAXIMUM energy fighter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think best LW friends use FW-190A9 ,coz they play hit&run's team to nock-out airquake-players
( or may be I wrong ) imho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S!

Andrewsdad
03-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Salute !!!
Several folks have complained about the One Deathkick on WC because of getting run over at the airfield.
The one deathkick has actually almost completely eliminated that since pilots quickly learn not to just spawn, start engine(s) and race willy-nilly across the field. Also one learns to swing about a bit while taxiing so as to watch out for someone spawned ahead. I bet that there are far, far fewer airfield mishaps on WC than on most other servers using similar view settings.

If you don't have the patience to taxi to the runway/taxiway then you are going to spend some time in the "penalty box" until you learn your lesson.

AD

VFS-22_SPaRX
03-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Well if this isnt an interesting thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

<enter stage right - climb onto soapbox>

We all have our likes and dislikes. Warclouds is a reflection of my likes when it comes to an IL2 DEDICATED server. There are going to be some that do not like and others that do.

I started running IL2 servers because I would play on other server and think "if they did this or that, that would be GREAT!". "What if you added this in?" "Wow, I dont like this, i think it would be better without it" So instead of posting my gripes and suggestions, I decided I would start up my own server. It became quickly appearent that many others enjoyed what was being offered as much as I did. So from there I started asking for peoples suggestions and comments. Then I used that gathered information to make changes to the server and make it enjoyable for others, but at the same time, present them with a challenge. This is where the deathkick came about. I took ALOT of flak enabling this from day one. Everyone said that no one would fly on the server with a deathkick. Hmmm seems quite the opposite happened. Then after some time with the deathkick set at 3, it seemed to be getting a little stale for me again. So I started brainstorming again about how to put more of a challenge back into the server. Lowering the DK to 2 just didnt seem to make much of a difference. Now you have one mulligan instead of two. So thought, maybe a deathkick set to 1 is the way. So I started asking for opinions of the players on the server. Most responses were "Let's try it". So we did. For me it brought the challenge back into the server. And many others felt the same way. It raised the bar yet again. So that is why we are leaving it. Its not for everyone. Not everyone will find it enjoyable. But as the old saying goes "You can't please everyone all of the time, just a few some of the time." But when it comes down to the end of it all guys, you have to enjoy playing on your own server. If you do not, then it will get very frustrating. Admins spend more time and money taking care of these servers then you could ever imagine. We have to maintain the game server, provide content on the server ( ie: maps/missions), maintain websites, field 1000's of emails, answer 1000's of forum posts and finally find a way to finance all of this. (Warclouds costs on the average $2000 US a year. Tell your wife you are going to spend that kind of money on a game and see what she says http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) So in then end, you have to enjoy what your are doing and you have to enjoy your final product or its just not worth it. Sorry for the long rant, but it really starts to jerk my chain when Endusers so viciously attack server admin and the job that they are doing. People do not like it when this statement is made, but it is really this simple. "If you dont like it, don't fly on it." If you ask me you have 3 options.

1. Fly on another server.
2. Fly on the server and deal with what you dont like about it.
3. Start your own server and tailor it to your likings.

<step down off soapbox - exit stage left>

Now to answer a few questions and suggestions.

RedDeth - we have tried introducing other planes into the server before and it did not go well. Most of the players on the server go there because they know that their particular plane will be there everyday and every map. We could try it again. I will open another poll up on the website and let's see what others think.

Aztek_Eagle - I checked your play time on the server. Its somewhere aroun 6 hours or so. Not really enough time to make the comments that you made honestly. If you check the stats page and rank pilots by ground targets destroyed, you will see that there are MANY players that attack targets. They enjoy it and do it rather well. As for you concern about the G2 being in a latewar planeset, I would have to field this question to Swiss. He has told me if i recall correctly, that the G2 was one of the most produced 109 models in the war and was used till the end of the war. I do not have the historical material, just trying to remember what he told me.

S~

GUARD4000
03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Indead most people on WC will run when they are in trouble.They wont keep fighting when they are damaged,outnumbered or simply having E disavantage.I think it is more realistic.Some people think this makes the fight on WC less fun and less chanllenge.They are wrong.In fact it needs more skills to kill someone before he runs away.And hunting runners is a real chanllenge.

Btw,the K/D doesnt mean everything.It is real hard to make a good K/D when using 109g2 or P38 on WC.But there are indead some great 109g2 pilots and P38 pilots.As a mustang driver,i do respect those guys,like JG7_sith.

notgoodknight
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
At least at greatergreen when you are banned you are provided with a reason. And I'd be willing to bet that if I spent many hours making a movie that advertized greatergreen, they might show just a little bit of gratitude. They can also handle honest criticism from top pilots and they listen.

goodknight gives greatergreen 2 thumbs up.

p1ngu666
03-08-2005, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by karost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"coops give a better missions imo" I agree like vef2,Bellum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"WC for many ppl is airquake 80%" I not agree many friends are old hand and they just like to play open-fun(airquake) that so , SPaRX turn WC with 1DK and this ppl has no problem and will turn airquake-player upgrade to be professional players.

Fish6891 is a new good pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif he know well about the meaning of energy management ( he know when to play with sword/spear ) hope to see him at Bellum list

FatboyHK is the best of MAXIMUM energy fighter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I think best LW friends use FW-190A9 ,coz they play hit&run's team to nock-out airquake-players
( or may be I wrong ) imho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i ment to say 80% dont http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif
and yeah, fish is good pilot, gets way more outa a 190 than i can http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

sparx is right about the planes, ppl would cry that they didnt have k4 and p51d http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Aztek_Eagle
03-08-2005, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
If I may?

Both of these servers have their following and both are well-supported by admins that simply love this game and want to make it a better experience for all who wish to "join".

If you have fun on either of these servers, consider yourself lucky to even have them there for your use/criticism.

Personally, I like gg better (duh!). Mostly because I don't like icons on enemy AC, but also because I like to have the opportunity to experience ALL aspects of the airwar (i.e. early/late, air to air and ground-pounding)

The deathkick on WC added a dimension that was interesting and Sparx has modified it periodically to try to make it better. Kudos to him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . I still don't like it when I spawn and get rammed by someone streaking accross the runway perpendicularly or I get vulched and kicked almost immediately. It's NOT the occurrence, rather getting kicked that bothers me. I can hold my own on just about any server (not bragging mind you) and to get kicked after being on for 3 minutes to no fault of my own simply sux.

When Sammie contacted me about forming a squad whose home would be on greatergreen, I was elated as I always liked the progressive, historical nature of the server. We have dabbled with different settings as well and (as some will remember) we even did away with the speedbar and minimap path for awhile. All of our maps lean towards historically accurate planesets/scenarios with a certain amount of artistic license for playability.

The bottom line is this...are you having fun? if not, you shouldn't play/fly wherever you are.

my .02c

TB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL thunderbolt some days ago, when we were fighting zeros and we both run out of amo on them, a zero came and battered me badly... lol thunderbolt wiht no amo place him self beween the zero and me to tray to make the zero atack him instead so i could get a chance to bring my cripled plane back to base... lol but the zero pilot did not bite, determined to finish off what he had already biten and shoot me into the sea... later it whent for thunderbolt or vladimir, i cant remember, and onces again i think thunderbol ramed the zero... the zero whent into the sea while the wilcat managed to get back to base!?.. lol.... that was a good run, i shoot down at least 4 zeros, and like we were very close to their base off the beach they just keep on coming...

now i look from heaven wiht gratitud those who made evrything they could do and more, to save me on that terrible day, god bless you thunderbolt and vladimir!

LOL

Aztek_Eagle
03-08-2005, 07:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedDeth:
aztec eagle your premise that the 1 death and your kicked setting is worse is a matter of perspective.
with a one kill death kick pilots are much more cautious. true true. that means they will bail from a totally ruined plane instead of continuing to try to dogfight. it means they will bail to live and not get kicked. also they wont follow you all the way into a pack of ten friendlies on a suicide mission to bring you down. they will turn and call for buddies. maybe hide in the clouds till the enemies give up.... maybe just maybe itll make pilots fly like pilots and more realistic instead of suicide dives into 15 enemies just to take out one pilot they dont like and want to kill.

warclouds is the closest you can get to realistic flight patterns as it simulates a real life. you protect it. you bail when on fire. you dont act like a idiot by deliberately ramming opponents. you dont do constant head on attacks and press a bad situation. you fly higher and go for the advantage instead. imagine that.

ok enough on that rant.

FIIIIISSSH! YO feeesh! whats up buddy.

"RED: I don't like your sig, its unrealistic :P"

hey this sig is actually a robert taylor print that i have hanging on my wall. its way cool. and though you cant see it in the background there are many fws following spits too. robert taylor prints rock. i have 5. i have one signed by adolf galland. another is signed by 6 aces erich hartmann, gunther rall, walter krupinski, johannes "macky" steinhoff, dieter hrabak, and herbert ihlefeld total kills on those six pilots on one print is about 1300 kills on six pilots. all six signed 1 print. i have a lot of cool prints like that. they go up in value every year.

google robert taylor. you wont regret it. and check him on ebay too

the spit print in my sig is signed by 38 canadian and british spit pilots including THE johnnie johnson, hap kennedy and other well known names <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all things u said that pilots in wc dont do because it is more realistic because of 1 dead kick have been done in real life... i know of guys who fough outnumbered to 1 to 6, 8 12....... and they fought on bravely and live to tell the story... one of the most amazing accounts is of Sadaaki Akamatsu.... He single handle atacked a formation of 75 p51 on his obsoleted zero.... shoot one down, and live to tell the story..... even one of the americans pilot who saw his atack said, "If he had been an american he would have been awarded the Congresional Medal of Honor" now you tell me that agresive pilots fighting a sertain dead battle is unrealistic??????? ja..

besides... u moving in taxi place to set ur self to take off, and a suddent spawn kills u... is that realistic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FatBoyHK
03-08-2005, 08:33 PM
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, no, Mantis is the definite best. He is my idol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

FatBoyHK
03-08-2005, 09:44 PM
all things u said that pilots in wc dont do because it is more realistic because of 1 dead kick have been done in real life... i know of guys who fough outnumbered to 1 to 6, 8 12....... and they fought on bravely and live to tell the story... one of the most amazing accounts is of Sadaaki Akamatsu.... He single handle atacked a formation of 75 p51 on his obsoleted zero.... shoot one down, and live to tell the story..... even one of the americans pilot who saw his atack said, "If he had been an american he would have been awarded the Congresional Medal of Honor" now you tell me that agresive pilots fighting a sertain dead battle is unrealistic??????? ja..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, true, but how many MOHs were awarded for the entire WWII? and how many of them are actually awarded to their wifes?

also, not all 1 vs Many fights are stupid / sucidial / airquake. It is how you fight that matters. With proper tactics and sound judgement, you can do some serious business. However, it is not the norm in most servers, and also on WC before the 1DK... People just tnb till death, no matter what. We need some measure to stop that, and 1DK seem to be a good compromise.

N1ghtM8R
03-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Didn't Warclouds team lost against the G1 guys?

bolillo_loco
03-09-2005, 02:39 AM
there is no point in discussing anyting with reddeth. if he believes something is green, no matter that 10 people next to him tell him its yellow it is still green to reddeth.

red, maybe you should play in war clouds a little more because there are still a lot of people that play exactly the same way they do in arcade. I see it everytime I play. infact I IMO .........ah its pointless I think Im off for the JV44. my border line personality disorder has really been talking to me for the past week.

Aztek_Eagle
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatBoyHK:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, true, but how many MOHs were awarded for the entire WWII? and how many of them are actually awarded to their wifes?

also, not all 1 vs Many fights are stupid / sucidial / airquake. It is how you fight that matters. With proper tactics and sound judgement, you can do some serious business. However, it is not the norm in most servers, and also on WC before the 1DK... People just tnb till death, no matter what. We need some measure to stop that, and 1DK seem to be a good compromise. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to stop turn and burning? jajaj... what happens when u r stacked by a faster plane than urs fatboy you Straigh And Burn!!!!???? LMAo!

The second world war was not won by cowards, it was won by agresive brave solider who did not care about them selves safety, but to serve their comanders and camarades the best they could....

onces again. the problem of warclouds is the no historical plane set by date and tectical maps.... onces again... can u ignore a bunch of bombers wiht covers atacking a target witch u r supoust to protect? you gona say bah.... i only care about my selfish KD ratio, and i will ignore them even if they win the mission..... then you boy are not getting the most out of the simulator, i would go and tray to stop the bombers, ignoring the fighters, hit and tray to get away, and come back for a second atack

Sadly this is what happened to many talented german pilots, they ignored the scorts and whent on to atack the bombers.. this gave the american pilots alot of easy kills... and the allies did not spect such an easy kills wiht the reputations the germans had earned... they were just ignoring those shiny p51s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and fought on outnumbered the best they could till dead

Von_Rat
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N1ghtM8R:
Didn't Warclouds team lost against the G1 guys? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

none of warclouds top ten k/d pilots were in that match, except for myself. so i guess it was all my fault...lol.

seriously the warclouds guys who did parcipate gave it a hell of a try.

oh and guess what tactic warclouds used to try to win,,,,gasp,,, they tried to win by
BOMBING THE TARGETS. and they came dam close. so much for nobody on warclouds bombs targets.

Von_Rat
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Sadly this is what happened to many talented german pilots, they ignored the scorts and whent on to atack the bombers.. this gave the american pilots alot of easy kills... and the allies did not spect such an easy kills wiht the reputations the germans had earned... they were just ignoring those shiny p51s and fought on outnumbered the best they could till dead

yep the lw did go after the bombers, and ignored the escourts, because ding **** goring ordered them to. btw the germans lost large numbers of pilots, planes, and control of their airspace because of this stupid tactic.

FatBoyHK
03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
to stop turn and burning? jajaj... what happens when u r stacked by a faster plane than urs fatboy you Straigh And Burn!!!!???? LMAo!

The second world war was not won by cowards, it was won by agresive brave solider who did not care about them selves safety, but to serve their comanders and camarades the best they could....

onces again. the problem of warclouds is the no historical plane set by date and tectical maps.... onces again... can u ignore a bunch of bombers wiht covers atacking a target witch u r supoust to protect? you gona say bah.... i only care about my selfish KD ratio, and i will ignore them even if they win the mission..... then you boy are not getting the most out of the simulator, i would go and tray to stop the bombers, ignoring the fighters, hit and tray to get away, and come back for a second atack

Sadly this is what happened to many talented german pilots, they ignored the scorts and whent on to atack the bombers.. this gave the american pilots alot of easy kills... and the allies did not spect such an easy kills wiht the reputations the germans had earned... they were just ignoring those shiny p51s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and fought on outnumbered the best they could till dead <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TnB isn't stupid by itself; But there are stupid ways to do TnB. That is what we need to avoid.

If one fights smart, it doesn't mean he is a coward; But if one don't care about his life, it doesn't mean he is a hero either.

Get a wingman if you can't outrun your enemy. It doesn't hurt to have one, even if you are ths fastest in the sky. One of the side-benefit of the 1DK policy is the much-increased population on teamspeak.

and finally, if you wanna win, you don't die for you country in a war. Instead, you should try your best to make the your enemies to die for his. (sound familiar, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif)

that is all I need to tell you, Aztek_Eagle

HayateAce
03-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Sadly this is what happened to many talented german pilots, they ignored the scorts and whent on to atack the bombers.. this gave the american pilots alot of easy kills... and the allies did not spect such an easy kills wiht the reputations the germans had earned... they were just ignoring those shiny p51s and fought on outnumbered the best they could till dead

yep the lw did go after the bombers, and ignored the escourts, because ding **** goring ordered them to. btw the germans lost large numbers of pilots, planes, and control of their airspace because of this stupid tactic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever meds your doc has you on, either increase or decrease. You livin in fantasy land pal.

thompet03
03-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Hayate Looser, did your mother ever told you what went wrong during your birth?

FatBoyHK
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
HayateAce, I can't get your point.... can you explain?

Von_Rat
03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
nevermind guys,, i guess hayateace doesn't have any valid points to raise so he resorts to insults.

maybe aztek eagle will post again, i disagree with him, but at least we can have a civilized disscussion.

bolillo_loco
03-11-2005, 03:39 AM
ah.......guess red doesnt want to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MEGILE
03-11-2005, 03:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VFS-22_SPaRX:
. He has told me if i recall correctly, that the G2 was one of the most produced 109 models in the war and was used till the end of the war.

S~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting then that the server does not include the BF-109G6 and FW-190A8. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Not a gripe, just an observation.
Great server sparxx.

FatBoyHK
03-11-2005, 04:05 AM
yes the planeset can be improved, if I am the admin I will do this:

Red:
P-51D, P-47D, P-38L, Spit9, Spit14, Tempest, B-25.

Blue:
109G6/AS, 109G10, 109K4, 190A8, 190F8, 190D9, TA152, 110G2, Ju88

GUARD4000
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VFS-22_SPaRX:
. He has told me if i recall correctly, that the G2 was one of the most produced 109 models in the war and was used till the end of the war.

S~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting then that the server does not include the BF-109G6 and FW-190A8. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Great server sparxx. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G6 was the most produced 109 model and A8 was the most produced 190 model.But I really doubt how many people on WC would use them even if they were provided.

PS Megile,I love your sig.That is fantastic.In fact I am thinking to get a collection of those funny or stupid words that Kramit the Forg and I and some other bastarrrds have put on the WC forum.It will be the most download file.

Cess-SGTRoc
03-11-2005, 08:08 AM
When the Stats started then the spawn campers came in full force. I have whatched players from both side set and shoot flyers spawning on the base, some the same flyer multi times.
Now that does not apply to all and I do not know if any one the list did that even.

But if stats are going to be kept there needs to be away to just keep the ones that count.
One thing that I am seeing is more and more flyers with the quake / numbers mean all coming to the sim.

RusskiyeVityazi
03-11-2005, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FatBoyHK:
yes the planeset can be improved, if I am the admin I will do this:

Red:
P-51D, P-47D, P-38L, Spit9, Spit14, Tempest, B-25.

Blue:
109G6/AS, 109G10, 109K4, 190A8, 190F8, 190D9, TA152, 110G2, Ju88 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gezz I don't get the point of putting every uber late war planes at the same time.
I say warclouds should have only 2 planes each mission + bombers:

Bf-109G-10 vs P-51B
Bf-109G-6AS vs P-51C
Bf-109K-4 vs P-51D
Fw-190A-6 vs P-47D-22
Fw-190A-8/9 vs P-47D-27
Fw-190D-9Late vs P-47D-27

And then
Ta-152H-1 & Bf-109G-6AS vs Spitfire HF & LF Mk9

FatBoyHK
03-11-2005, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RusskiyeVityazi:
Gezz I don't get the point of putting every uber late war planes at the same time.

Bf-109G-10 vs P-51B
Bf-109G-6AS vs P-51C
Bf-109K-4 vs P-51D
Fw-190A-6 vs P-47D-22
Fw-190A-8/9 vs P-47D-27

And then
Ta-152H-1 & Bf-109G-6AS vs Spitfire HF & LF Mk9 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sparx made it clear that he want to have the same planeset for all the missions, so that everytime we login we can use the plane we like the most....

and I support that all the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

uber or not, it is not important.... we just need a balanced planeset.... and the latewar WF planeset is very balanced, IMHO.

Von_Rat
03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:

S~ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great server sparxx. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the way i understand it, is that warclouds is a late war plane set, thats why no a8 or g6. exceptions were made for popular planes like g2 and spit9. even if g6s served thoughout war? i guess line had to be drawn somewhere, to keep number of types of planes down.

RusskiyeVityazi
03-11-2005, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RusskiyeVityazi:

Bf-109G-10 vs P-51B
Bf-109G-6AS vs P-51C
Bf-109K-4 vs P-51D
Fw-190A-6 vs P-47D-22
Fw-190A-8/9 vs P-47D-27

And then

Sparx made it clear that he want to have the same planeset for all the missions, so that everytime we login we can use the plane we like the most....

and I support that all the way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

uber or not, it is not important.... we just need a balanced planeset.... and the latewar WF planeset is very balanced, IMHO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then we have nearly everyone in the allies flying spitfire. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Aztek_Eagle
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:

yep the lw did go after the bombers, and ignored the escourts, because ding **** goring ordered them to. btw the germans lost large numbers of pilots, planes, and control of their airspace because of this stupid tactic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever meds your doc has you on, either increase or decrease. You livin in fantasy land pal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed they were ordered to, when they came up wiht better anti bombers tactics they had already lose to many good pilots, and heavily outnumbered, when the germans would atack the formations the scorst would position them selves in a convenient position prior to atack when the lufwafe pilots were more vulnerable, event tough they saw the scorst, they would just keep on going to tray to position them selves in a position to atack........ the british would do circus sorties using little bombers and heavy fighter cover to get the germans into fighting, this cost the british badly vs the fw190, till some guy landed his fw190 by mistake in an english airfield, he even did a victory roll prior to landing! i cant recal the name, but it is on one of the books a have

Aztek_Eagle
03-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Sadly this is what happened to many talented german pilots, they ignored the scorts and whent on to atack the bombers.. this gave the american pilots alot of easy kills... and the allies did not spect such an easy kills wiht the reputations the germans had earned... they were just ignoring those shiny p51s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and fought on outnumbered the best they could till dead <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TnB isn't stupid by itself; But there are stupid ways to do TnB. That is what we need to avoid.

If one fights smart, it doesn't mean he is a coward; But if one don't care about his life, it doesn't mean he is a hero either.

Get a wingman if you can't outrun your enemy. It doesn't hurt to have one, even if you are ths fastest in the sky. One of the side-benefit of the 1DK policy is the much-increased population on teamspeak.

and finally, if you wanna win, you don't die for you country in a war. Instead, you should try your best to make the your enemies to die for his. (sound familiar, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif)

that is all I need to tell you, Aztek_Eagle <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think that 1dk has to do much wiht Teamspeak, in greatergreen i always get on, eventualy more arrive and we rule the skys, easier to coordinate, and call back up, report enemy activity.... u finaly admit that turn burning is not bad at all, i seen many that avoid turn burning, they aboid it so much that they get shoot down easily by faster enemy planes... some pilots i seen when they cannot hold their own when they lose speed below 350kph.. some just go for pulling on the stick ramdomly and pray...

Aztek_Eagle
03-11-2005, 04:34 PM
nevermind guys,, i guess hayateace doesn't have any valid points to raise so he resorts to insults.

maybe aztek eagle will post again, i disagree with him, but at least we can have a civilized disscussion. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you for your good words http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MEGILE
03-12-2005, 03:20 AM

Bf-109G-10 vs P-51B
Bf-109G-6AS vs P-51C
Bf-109K-4 vs P-51D
Fw-190A-6 vs P-47D-22
Fw-190A-8/9 vs P-47D-27

And then

uber or not, it is not important.... we just need a balanced planeset.... and the latewar WF planeset is very balanced, IMHO. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then we have nearly everyone in the allies flying spitfire. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You is wrong, be sure.
More people fly the P-51D, BF-109G6A/S and FW-190A9 than the Spitfire on Warclouds. Fact. Check the statistics.

FatBoyHK
03-12-2005, 08:50 AM
i dont think that 1dk has to do much wiht Teamspeak, in greatergreen i always get on, eventualy more arrive and we rule the skys, easier to coordinate, and call back up, report enemy activity.... u finaly admit that turn burning is not bad at all, i seen many that avoid turn burning, they aboid it so much that they get shoot down easily by faster enemy planes... some pilots i seen when they cannot hold their own when they lose speed below 350kph.. some just go for pulling on the stick ramdomly and pray... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1dk indeed push more people on comms... as least it is the case for WC.

and when did I said TnB is wrong??? may be you misunderstand? Or it is due to my bad english?

So you think air combat is all about TnB? And those who aviod TnB are noob??? You are seriously mistaken.

You should know that some planes handle better when they have more speed, like P-51 and FW-190. Smart pilots don't do prolonged dogfight on these planes, because dogfight burn their speed.

it is stupid to fight in your enemy's term, just to show off your dogfight skill..... In Quake, pro player use pistol instead of rocket launcher, to show off their headshot skill. But IL2 isn not airquake.

And the fact is, there are even more players who can't handle high speed / high alt combat. They whine about blackout, jammed control, wing breaking off, etcetc....This is why they stay low and slow, doing nothing but TnB....

TheGozr
03-12-2005, 02:48 PM
FatBoyHK
Can you tell me the big differences in Quake 3 and Il2? it simce that you know them well.

FatBoyHK
03-15-2005, 12:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGozr:
FatBoyHK
Can you tell me the big differences in Quake 3 and Il2? it simce that you know them well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well, are you really asking? or actually you are criticizing?

LeadSpitter_
03-15-2005, 12:51 AM
I think this would be a more historical set more then 65% faced this matchup in the western front 44

US airfield

b25
p38J
P51D C B
P47D27 22 10

British

Spit5 Clipped wing
Hurricane IIc
Beaufighter

Germanbase
109g6 all varients
190a6
190a8
bf110g2
he111

The for some maps have late 45

p38L
P47d27
P51d

spit9
tempest

109g10 14
109k4
190a9 f8
190d
me262 "if we ever get limited spawn test runways"

WOLFMondo
03-15-2005, 04:10 AM
Spit VB in 1944? There were some still around, some were used on D-day as spotters but the majority of fighter units had IX's. By D-day im pretty sure the vast majority of RAF and 2nd TAF squadrons were using IX's, most of the VB's had outlived there airframe and engine lives by then. Theres no reason the XIV couldn't be included in any 44/45 scenario either.

The 2nd TAF also had allot of Mitchells as well so no reason not to include them in any RAF/2nd TAF 1944 scenario. I belive they also used A20's. With the Mossie coming they could also be included.

Shame theres no Typhoon as Hurri IIc's did not do well as ground pounders in France, to slow and to poorly armoured. I wonder if Oleg will model the Tempest to carry 60lbs rockets and 500lbs bombs? Would make a nice ground pounder in place of the missing Typhoon.