PDA

View Full Version : Audigy drivers

bazzaah2
01-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Was just doing a bit of tidying up on XP and updated my Audigy card's drivers (the ones released last October (up to the minute me)).

Just in case there are some of you out there who haven't updated to the drivers released last October, do so now!

Awesome sound now, especially with headphones on and a noticeable improvement on what I was getting before.

Er, that's all.

bazzaah2
01-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Was just doing a bit of tidying up on XP and updated my Audigy card's drivers (the ones released last October (up to the minute me)).

Just in case there are some of you out there who haven't updated to the drivers released last October, do so now!

Awesome sound now, especially with headphones on and a noticeable improvement on what I was getting before.

Er, that's all.

flox
01-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Which Audigy card to you have? I'm using an Audigy2 ZS-- Maybe I'll give it a whirl once I get home from work.

Heavy_Weather
01-23-2007, 12:48 PM
yep, got the Audigy 2 Platinum, the latest drivers are great.

javas-revenge
01-23-2007, 03:40 PM
I have an Audigy2zs. Superb card.
I play often music and games on my surround set.
Play often Red Orchestra and the sound
is excellent!! The artillery is heartbraking.

F0_Dark_P
01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
thanx!, downloding now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

flox
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Java have you tried the new drivers? And if so, did you notice any difference? I can't imagine my sound getting much better..

bazzaah2
01-24-2007, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flox:
Which Audigy card to you have? I'm using an Audigy2 ZS-- Maybe I'll give it a whirl once I get home from work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same card as you. Give it a shot. worked great for me, it's not the same for everyone of course but bumped my sound quality up by 100%.

Jasko76
01-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Is the new driver that much better than the old one? Gotta love those guys for extending our hardware's useful lifespan.

bazzaah2
01-24-2007, 03:30 AM
maybe it was just my install for the last set. The sound was never bad but the sound for music and in-game sounds is now vastly improved (FW190 got a lot richer, more layers, bassier, difficult to describe but the difference is there, at least on my rig). Give it a go. Curious to see what people think.

Worf101
01-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the love bud... I appreciate the "heads up".

Da Worfster