PDA

View Full Version : New Interesting Details! (X360 Magazine Details)

Nadavsalzberger
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey guys, ive recently downloaded the 73rd article of X360 featuring AC:R on my ipad, and ive read some interesting stuff.

First of all- Constantinople will be divided between two main forces- The ottomans and Byzantines.
The Ottomans are kind of the "police". they are in charge of the city formally ,and are pretty much neutral to Ezio and his actions (besides murder n stuff), kinda like the Soldiers everywhere in AC2 and ACB.
Now the Byzantines are on the Templars' side and are hostile whenever they see Ezio. Not only that, but they are activly searching for him- Hes kind of like notorious to them, but throughout the entire game.

This already pretty much confirms the game will be somewhat harder. I kinda forgot about all the other stuff, but you guys should check it out! its an app called "x360" in the appstore, and i believe the latest issue (AC:R one) is free

Nadavsalzberger
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey guys, ive recently downloaded the 73rd article of X360 featuring AC:R on my ipad, and ive read some interesting stuff.

First of all- Constantinople will be divided between two main forces- The ottomans and Byzantines.
The Ottomans are kind of the "police". they are in charge of the city formally ,and are pretty much neutral to Ezio and his actions (besides murder n stuff), kinda like the Soldiers everywhere in AC2 and ACB.
Now the Byzantines are on the Templars' side and are hostile whenever they see Ezio. Not only that, but they are activly searching for him- Hes kind of like notorious to them, but throughout the entire game.

This already pretty much confirms the game will be somewhat harder. I kinda forgot about all the other stuff, but you guys should check it out! its an app called "x360" in the appstore, and i believe the latest issue (AC:R one) is free

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks I wanted to see what that issue had in it. Any new pics?

Xanatos2007
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nadavsalzberger:
This already pretty much confirms the game will be somewhat harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Need I bring up the Papal Guards? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nadavsalzberger:
This already pretty much confirms the game will be somewhat harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Need I bring up the Papal Guards? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't lol, It could have been much better though had there been more than 4 standing in a corner. Also if there had been more than 2 brutes standing in the middle of no where in ruins that most people would never see.

Nadavsalzberger
06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Actually no new pics.. At first i thought it was just the same article as the game informer one but it had some new details, I'll look into it again and see if I can find a link

LadyGahan2010
06-15-2011, 02:31 PM
That's very interesting. I found a little challenging in the Da Vinci DLC to avoid those robed guys, it made me go more stealthy than normally in ACB and I appreciated that. If those guys in ACR will work similarly then I am excited.

iN3krO
06-15-2011, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
That's very interesting. I found a little challenging in the Da Vinci DLC to avoid those robed guys, it made me go more stealthy than normally in ACB and I appreciated that. If those guys in ACR will work similarly then I am excited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they won't work similar... Have you played Ac1? In the last 3 assasinations there are guards arround the city with the sword out, those soldiers are going to be like those guards.

I'm excited to see that there will be a better notorious system (they are bringing back another thing from ac1 \o/)

twenty_glyphs
06-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I have the issue too, and there were a couple of other things I noticed.

Assassin recruit recharge times are said to work differently when you are in Templar-controlled areas of the city. It's not clear if they recharge faster because the Templar guards are more difficult, or slower because you don't control the district.

They briefly mention what some of the Alta´r sequences will consist of, and it sounds like many if not all of them may actually happen in Constantinople and not Masyaf like an online article mentioned last week. I've wondered myself how the seals end up in Constantinople, and it may be that Alta´r hid them there himself. They say his sequences will be linear and cinematic. Some of the things they mention are: crashing through the city's labyrinth of underwater rivulets, climbing up the ancient Galata Tower as it crumbles beneath your fingertips, and picking off guards in ancient cisterns. Constantinople has many ancient cisterns, and the Old Galata Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galata_Tower_(old)) was destroyed during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, 13 years after the events of the first game.

SevketErhat
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

Assassin recruit recharge times are said to work differently when you are in Templar-controlled areas of the city. It's not clear if they recharge faster because the Templar guards are more difficult, or slower because you don't control the district.

They briefly mention what some of the Alta´r sequences will consist of, and it sounds like many if not all of them may actually happen in Constantinople and not Masyaf like an online article mentioned last week. I've wondered myself how the seals end up in Constantinople, and it may be that Alta´r hid them there himself. They say his sequences will be linear and cinematic. Some of the things they mention are: crashing through the city's labyrinth of underwater rivulets, climbing up the ancient Galata Tower as it crumbles beneath your fingertips, and picking off guards in ancient cisterns. Constantinople has many ancient cisterns, and the Old Galata Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galata_Tower_(old)) was destroyed during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, 13 years after the events of the first game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never knew that Galata Tower was destroyed before. Thanks for the heads up

lukaszep
06-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the info.
The more i hear about AC:R the better i feel about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jonny5isalive15
06-16-2011, 01:33 AM
can you post the article on here please? I would like to hear more details http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fairus60
06-16-2011, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

They briefly mention what some of the Alta´r sequences will consist of, and it sounds like many if not all of them may actually happen in Constantinople and not Masyaf like an online article mentioned last week. I've wondered myself how the seals end up in Constantinople, and it may be that Alta´r hid them there himself. They say his sequences will be linear and cinematic. Some of the things they mention are: crashing through the city's labyrinth of underwater rivulets, climbing up the ancient Galata Tower as it crumbles beneath your fingertips, and picking off guards in ancient cisterns. Constantinople has many ancient cisterns, and the Old Galata Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galata_Tower_(old)) was destroyed during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, 13 years after the events of the first game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you mention here about Altair... I find it dissapointing, but at the same time exciting. I was really looking forward free roaming with Altair once more, but at the same time I feel this sequences will retain the level of "legend" that Altair has been shown to achieve during the series, dont really know why I feel this way.
Anyways, maybe by the end of the game, they will let us play as Altair in free roam, but with his very own gameplay style. I read at IGN that Altair and Ezio wont be played the same, so he wouldnt be just the usual Uplay skin... well, but thats just me XD

phil.llllll
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
They say his sequences will be linear and cinematic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That really sucks.

I was really hoping for some actual sequences with added depth instead of one off scripted segments. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

lukaszep
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
In terms of scripted segments it'll probably be a mix between the AC:B templar lairs and Cristina missions.

DavisP92
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
If ubisoft is still doing the repressed memories then we should see ezio's mom die. I'd also like to see what happens to his sister.

Did anyone else notice in the gameplay demo that ezio was assassinating ppl with the hookblade? :S

RzaRecta357
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
If ubisoft is still doing the repressed memories then we should see ezio's mom die. I'd also like to see what happens to his sister.

Did anyone else notice in the gameplay demo that ezio was assassinating ppl with the hookblade? :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah in that "new" gameplay video that is just a more well done version of the live E3 demo.

He kills people with it but it's not a big deal to me. The actual moves with it look pretty awesome.

I was skeptic on this at first but he grabs a guys throat or something with it and blood spurts out. Looked the way it should.

souNdwAve89
06-16-2011, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Did anyone else notice in the gameplay demo that ezio was assassinating ppl with the hookblade? :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be nice if some of the characters make references to past characters as well instead of looking it up.

Dizlol
06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Really awesome! can't wait

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
What you mention here about Altair... I find it dissapointing, but at the same time exciting. I was really looking forward free roaming with Altair once more, but at the same time I feel this sequences will retain the level of "legend" that Altair has been shown to achieve during the series, dont really know why I feel this way.
Anyways, maybe by the end of the game, they will let us play as Altair in free roam, but with his very own gameplay style. I read at IGN that Altair and Ezio wont be played the same, so he wouldnt be just the usual Uplay skin... well, but thats just me XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Free-roaming during Altair's Seals is not beyond the realm of possibility. I had anticipated that they'd place Altair's sequences in the city of Istanbul in order to cut down on the development of unique assets. Therefore, since they are already developing sections of the city to accomodate Altair, there's no real reason, from a gameplay perspective, why players would be locked out of wandering these sections freely as Altair.

That said, supposing there is a free-roam mode for Altair, it would most likely be restricted to certain districts or even mere sections of districts, and/or heavily reworked to match 13th century records. It would be extremely awkward if Ezio could climb the Tower of Galata, or if Altair bumped into the Galata Tower. But the entire point of placing Altair in Istanbul is to cut down on development time for unique assets, and modeling the same city to fit two different time periods is exactly what they're trying to avoid.

My money is on the developers setting Altair's Istanbul sequences in a district that features very few time-period-exclusive landmarks and a lot of generic structures. And players could freely roam this district.

BK-110
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
Anyways, maybe by the end of the game, they will let us play as Altair in free roam, but with his very own gameplay style. I read at IGN that Altair and Ezio wont be played the same, so he wouldnt be just the usual Uplay skin... well, but thats just me XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, it would be great to be able to use Alta´r, with his own set of skills, in free roam.

I also concur, it is disappointing to hear that likely all Alta´r and Desmond sequences will be linear...

ShaneO7K
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
Anyways, maybe by the end of the game, they will let us play as Altair in free roam, but with his very own gameplay style. I read at IGN that Altair and Ezio wont be played the same, so he wouldnt be just the usual Uplay skin... well, but thats just me XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, it would be great to be able to use Alta´r, with his own set of skills, in free roam.

I also concur, it is disappointing to hear that likely all Alta´r and Desmond sequences will be linear... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't mind as long as the two of them still get good attention story wise and have some good gameplay. It's to be expected when Ezio is given a huge chunk of a story to tell.

SupremeCaptain
06-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I hope Altair has his same movement animations from AC1, so it feels like old times. Altair used to move with his back more straight.

jonny5isalive15
06-17-2011, 01:31 AM
can someone please put the article on here please ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif