PDA

View Full Version : Vlad's Blade - Minor Spoiler

Bipolar Matt
10-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I was for some reason expecting this to be a short blade. Turns out it's actually a really evil-looking full-length sword. I assume this will be the 5-star stat sword in the game? My guess is that we won't see Altair's Sword in AC:R without some really silly plot contrivance.

Bipolar Matt
10-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I was for some reason expecting this to be a short blade. Turns out it's actually a really evil-looking full-length sword. I assume this will be the 5-star stat sword in the game? My guess is that we won't see Altair's Sword in AC:R without some really silly plot contrivance.

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Well, it's likely the Sword of Altair is taken from Ezio when he is initially captured by Leandros in Masyaf. I wouldn't be surprised if your were able to get it back once the story is finished though.

PirateRob
10-01-2011, 07:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
I was for some reason expecting this to be a short blade. Turns out it's actually a really evil-looking full-length sword. I assume this will be the 5-star stat sword in the game? My guess is that we won't see Altair's Sword in AC:R without some really silly plot contrivance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://i52.tinypic.com/34ta77q.jpg
i think it looks pretty cool though i do prefer the sword of altair

Bipolar Matt
10-01-2011, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
Well, it's likely the Sword of Altair is taken from Ezio when he is initially captured by Leandros in Masyaf. I wouldn't be surprised if your were able to get it back once the story is finished though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think of that. That would be a plausible way to get the sword in the game. Maybe it'll be a UPlay reward, otherwise?

Vlad's blade just looks vicious, however. Like it was designed in such a way to maximize pain and suffering when you're cutting someone up with it.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 07:12 AM
The sword of Altair looked so plain though! This one looks like it fits his robes way better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
I was for some reason expecting this to be a short blade. Turns out it's actually a really evil-looking full-length sword. I assume this will be the 5-star stat sword in the game? My guess is that we won't see Altair's Sword in AC:R without some really silly plot contrivance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, lol, that altair's sword in AC1 was actually the sueckiest sword in game, the syrian sword was strongest.

Anyways, I think Revelations is starting fresh. They left Altair's armor over there, guess his sword is staying there to.

ProletariatPleb
10-01-2011, 07:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
The sword of Altair looked so plain though! This one looks like it fits his robes way better.

You know, lol, that altair's sword in AC1 was actually the sueckiest sword in game, the syrian sword was strongest.

Anyways, I think Revelations is starting fresh. They left Altair's armor over there, guess his sword is staying there to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was no Alta´r's sword in AC1..the sword which you are referring to was the second sword we received, look at Alta´r's sword and look at that sword, they are VERY different...AC1 sword has a leather-ish handle...

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Ezio looks like a monster hunter using that sword, I didn't like it...

Ezio Van Helsing Auditore da Firenze... :P

reini03
10-01-2011, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Anyways, I think Revelations is starting fresh. They left Altair's armor over there, guess his sword is staying there to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was no Alta´r's sword in AC1..the sword which you are referring to was the second sword we received, look at Alta´r's sword and look at that sword, they are VERY different...AC1 sword has a leather-ish handle... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sure as hell was in AC1... it's the second best sword in the game, the one that Alta´r received from Al Mualim after the first four assassinations. It was only changed a little bit in ACII and Brotherhood, with the hilt turning from a brown-ish color to silver.

tyrce111
10-01-2011, 08:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Ezio Van Helsing Auditore da Firenze... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that has nothing to do with the full moon in the background and the old windy shutters on the buildings? xD

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2011, 09:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Ezio Van Helsing Auditore da Firenze... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that has nothing to do with the full moon in the background and the old windy shutters on the buildings? xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, the background helps a little, but IMO the sword itself draw too much attention...

RzaRecta357
10-01-2011, 09:35 AM
It's a download content sword of course it's going to look snazzy.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 09:37 AM
I like the fact that it's very different from any sword we were able to wield in AC.

kriegerdesgottes
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
I think it's cool but I do still hope Altair's sword is still obtainable. It's the only sword I ever use.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I think it's cool but I do still hope Altair's sword is still obtainable. It's the only sword I ever use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I like his sword. Besides, it has much more symbolic value than Vlad's. My guess would be that Vlad's sword will just be a reward item with specs lower than Alta´r's sword, just like La Volpe's Bite.

catkiller97
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
A cool sword http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6337/sblade.png
Also like the design of new crossbow http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5466/acrspcrossbowcapacityup.jpg

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by catkiller97:
A cool sword http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6337/sblade.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoa, sweet. Where'd you get that pic from?

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I like it. Looks awesome.

Ezio needs a weapon named after him though!

*rage*

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
nice, look at the eagle beak shaped tip of the crossbow. That's friggin' awesome.

catkiller97
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by catkiller97:
A cool sword http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6337/sblade.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoa, sweet. Where'd you get that pic from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Sword and other pic (http://www.gameprotv.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=2083511&t=2083511) scrool down to find that post.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
nice, look at the eagle beak shaped tip of the crossbow. That's friggin' awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was like that in Brotherhood also..

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Whoa, sweet. Where'd you get that pic from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Sword and other pic (http://www.gameprotv.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=2083511&t=2083511) scrool down to find that post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Awesome. I love the detail on these. Are they actually going to get this kind of detail in the game?

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
These are just concept art, so probably not.

TorQue1988
10-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I hope we can upgrade the crossbow this time around, like it was promised in ACB.

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2011, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
I hope we can upgrade the crossbow this time around, like it was promised in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

upgrade to what?! it was one of the most powerful weapons in ACB

Randy 355
10-01-2011, 01:12 PM
The crossbow has a beak on it... Can we grab people like in the AC1 E3 trailer?

There's my speculation for the day.

SleezeRocker
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
slightly offtopic but- Can weapons really be consider spoilers? I guess for some but I never thought of gats as spoilers lol

Anyways, the photo of Vlad's Sword looks golden whereas the screen shot look kind of silvery to me (which is cool since I actually like Silver over Gold) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ZzFinzZ
10-01-2011, 01:15 PM
The Ottomans weapons/armor/robes were a lot more decorative than the Crusaders/Italians, although the Italians did have rather awesome armor, like the Papal Guards. I think Ottoman items are ceremonial as well as to kill stuff. Weapons are expected to be more decorated.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Actually, I don't think that Ezio brought the sword of altair with him to Masyaf. I think he just starts with the "common" sword, which by the way is kinda interesting looking.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, I don't think that Ezio brought the sword of altair with him to Masyaf. I think he just starts with the "common" sword, which by the way is kinda interesting looking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as I could see in the trailer he didn't bring any sword. He had one in the demo, but that's after he escaped execution.

SpyderNynja
10-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I love it since it reminds me of the swords from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Animuses
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM
it was one of the most powerful weapons in ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tied with the hidden gun. It basically was a silent variation of it.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
it was one of the most powerful weapons in ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tied with the hidden gun. It basically was a silent variation of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
with more ammo.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Actually, I don't think that Ezio brought the sword of altair with him to Masyaf. I think he just starts with the "common" sword, which by the way is kinda interesting looking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as I could see in the trailer he didn't bring any sword. He had one in the demo, but that's after he escaped execution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pretty sure the E3 trailer shows a sword sheath, which is why you probably didn't notice it. It's a curved sheath, which means it can't possibly fit Altair's sword in it.

TorQue1988
10-01-2011, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
I hope we can upgrade the crossbow this time around, like it was promised in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

upgrade to what?! it was one of the most powerful weapons in ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well they did say in one interview it will have upgrades,no other details though...but anyway it being too powerful it's another reason for upgrades;it needed to become powerful through progressive upgrades...maybe upgrades for the string so the bolts could have a greater range ,or bolt upgrades for different levels of damage and other stuff like that.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM

upgrade to what?! it was one of the most powerful weapons in ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well they did say in one interview it will have upgrades,no other details though...but anyway it being too powerful it's another reason for upgrades;it needed to become powerful through progressive upgrades...maybe upgrades for the string so the bolts could have a greater range ,or bolt upgrades for different levels of damage and other stuff like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope, and I think that what they mean by upgrades is that the mechanics will change not that it will become more powerful or something.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
As far as I could see in the trailer he didn't bring any sword. He had one in the demo, but that's after he escaped execution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pretty sure the E3 trailer shows a sword sheath, which is why you probably didn't notice it. It's a curved sheath, which means it can't possibly fit Altair's sword in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah yes, I see it. I wonder why he didn't use it though.

TorQue1988
10-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope, and I think that what they mean by upgrades is that the mechanics will change not that it will become more powerful or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You misunderstood...they said that for ACB,but those things never got in the final game,just like the Personal Assassin thing....don't know if they will introduce something like that in ACR,but i do hope so.

masterfenix2009
10-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Pretty sure the E3 trailer shows a sword sheath, which is why you probably didn't notice it. It's a curved sheath, which means it can't possibly fit Altair's sword in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah yes, I see it. I wonder why he didn't use it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I am still wondering how he got the sword in ACB. Did the Assassins go " Oh are master is so awesome. He completed all of are challenges. We should go to the Villa to find something to give him in return."

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't understand how he got the Sword of Altiar in AC2. Did he just get the blacksmith to randomly make it for him? O.o

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:15 PM
It's a mystery that will never be solved.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe it was originally planned to have the sword be found with Altiar's armor, but because of running out of weapons to sell they just decided to sell the Sword of Altiar at the blacksmith?

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Ah yes, I see it. I wonder why he didn't use it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, Double hidden blades allow for double the killing, more freedom of movement, and more mobility. I'd say they're an excellent weapon choice for large groups. One on one with more skilled opponents, it would probably be better for a sword.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I thought that Ezio just brought his Hidden Blades because he was thinking that there wouldn't actually be Templars there, and that it would just be abandoned.

Also, I thought that the game told you that the sword was for smaller groups and one on one confrontations, while the dagger was for larger groups?

I personally hardly ever used the hidden blades for real combat other than the entry move.

SleezeRocker
10-02-2011, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't understand how he got the Sword of Altiar in AC2. Did he just get the blacksmith to randomly make it for him? O.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Codex Page taught blacksmith new moves O_o?

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 03:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I thought that Ezio just brought his Hidden Blades because he was thinking that there wouldn't actually be Templars there, and that it would just be abandoned.

Also, I thought that the game told you that the sword was for smaller groups and one on one confrontations, while the dagger was for larger groups?

I personally hardly ever used the hidden blades for real combat other than the entry move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd say that daggers and hidden blades are the best for groups. But blades are obviously going to allow you to move around more and be more free.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:10 AM

I personally hardly ever used the hidden blades for real combat other than the entry move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well looks like he did know there were going to be templars there, considering his narrated letter in the extended trailer.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 07:16 AM

Well looks like he did know there were going to be templars there, considering his narrated letter in the extended trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he is an assassin after all so I'm sure he brought them just to be sure. He didn't think there would be anybody at Masyaf when he left home. But the people in Acre only told him about dangers on the road there, but not at Masyaf itself.

I'll listen to it again to check it out.

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I actually like the fact that there's a new sword that isn't the Sword of Altair.

For me, it was kind of getting to the point that using the sword was stale, seeing as it was being re-used in all the games so far.

It's kinda good as well because it isn't a dagger too, because that would have been taking the feature from ACB with the Dagger of Brutus, and then it wouldn't really be that unique.

DargonisDufaux
10-07-2011, 07:16 PM
so from my understanding you have to pre order one of the special editions the ones avail outside the US or the signature edition avail at gamestop to get the optional dungeon that allows players the chance to attain this weapon?

LightRey
10-08-2011, 04:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by otakuman523:
so from my understanding you have to pre order one of the special editions the ones avail outside the US or the signature edition avail at gamestop to get the optional dungeon that allows players the chance to attain this weapon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I don't think we know that that's the way to get the weapon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were, which would probably mean that the weapon is like the guild rewards, such as "La Volpe's Bite", and will not have full stats like Alta´r's sword.

CRUDFACE
10-08-2011, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by otakuman523:
so from my understanding you have to pre order one of the special editions the ones avail outside the US or the signature edition avail at gamestop to get the optional dungeon that allows players the chance to attain this weapon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you don't, thankfully, it's available in the Gamestop Signature Edition, so you'll be able to play it and enjoy the awesomeness of that sword

DargonisDufaux
10-08-2011, 08:31 AM
yeah thats what I was saying, if you dont pre order it in the US from gamestop you dont get it im assuming untill a later DLC?

BB,WM,AMAZON dont include the optional dungeons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQt0BpfjJZA

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Actually, Steam will probably have it in it's Digital Deluxe edition.

AnthonyA85
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I thought Vlad's prison was available in all versions of the game, including standard.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
I thought Vlad's prison was available in all versions of the game, including standard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's an extra thing like the templar lairs.

XJoker3697D
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Is there going to be a kind of story to how he gets in there or hears about it? Or is he going to see a hole and just randomly explore it? Like the Lairs of Romulus

naran6142
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
I thought Vlad's prison was available in all versions of the game, including standard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's an extra thing like the templar lairs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tho it probably will be in ACR dlc

naran6142
10-08-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XJoker3697D:
Is there going to be a kind of story to how he gets in there or hears about it? Or is he going to see a hole and just randomly explore it? Like the Lairs of Romulus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well ezio explored those holes cuz he recognized them as being entrances to the lairs of romulus

tho i dont no if there it a story to it, it would be nice if there was