PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer "Unreachable"

TheSurgeon9990
03-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone, Here is my problem.

The Problem: Whenever I try to join a game,for this instance with a friend, I recieve the invitation to play with them, I click Accept, it looks like it is going to join the session and then I am greeted with the message "This session is unreachable." I have been In a lobby with up to 8 out of 8 people in it and it would not join and about 5 minutes after i got into that lobby it said "This session is unreachable."

The fixes I have tried:
1) Turned off my anti virus ("avast!" is my security software) and I also turned off my firewall, still got the same result "This session is unreachable."
2) I tried opening ports, here are the following ports that I tried to open:

1000 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
9100 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
12000 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
12001 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
44301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service (Local firewall access only!)
45301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service (Local firewall access only!)
49928 [UDP & TCP] - Uplay Service
55674 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP

Still I get the same result "This session is unreachable."

3) I have tried hosting and inviting friends to come to my game, still they get the same result I do, "This session is unreachable.".

4) I have tried to have friends invite me to their games, I get this following message, "This session is unreachable."

5) I go into the friends list and join a friend who is already in a game and i get the message, "This session is unreachable."

Now does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Is it a problem with my computer or is it a Ubisoft/Server-Side problem?

Thanks for all of your help and future help.

TheSurgeon9990
03-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone, Here is my problem.

The Problem: Whenever I try to join a game,for this instance with a friend, I recieve the invitation to play with them, I click Accept, it looks like it is going to join the session and then I am greeted with the message "This session is unreachable." I have been In a lobby with up to 8 out of 8 people in it and it would not join and about 5 minutes after i got into that lobby it said "This session is unreachable."

The fixes I have tried:
1) Turned off my anti virus ("avast!" is my security software) and I also turned off my firewall, still got the same result "This session is unreachable."
2) I tried opening ports, here are the following ports that I tried to open:

1000 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
9100 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
12000 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
12001 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP
44301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service (Local firewall access only!)
45301 [UDP & TCP] - PunkBuster Service (Local firewall access only!)
49928 [UDP & TCP] - Uplay Service
55674 [UDP & TCP] - ACB MP

Still I get the same result "This session is unreachable."

3) I have tried hosting and inviting friends to come to my game, still they get the same result I do, "This session is unreachable.".

4) I have tried to have friends invite me to their games, I get this following message, "This session is unreachable."

5) I go into the friends list and join a friend who is already in a game and i get the message, "This session is unreachable."

Now does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Is it a problem with my computer or is it a Ubisoft/Server-Side problem?

Thanks for all of your help and future help.

Dreaming.Dex
03-26-2011, 09:17 AM
It's just a shame how it is.

And sad for the WHOLE community as many players now stop searching for games, and then you get a new problem - no one to play with.

Speaking for myself, I have moved on to enjoy Crysis 2 multiplayer, no trouble getting games there for me at least.

Black_Widow9
03-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
If you have tried these fixes and it is still not working, please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Acherrum
03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreaming.Dex:
It's just a shame how it is.

And sad for the WHOLE community as many players now stop searching for games, and then you get a new problem - no one to play with.

Speaking for myself, I have moved on to enjoy Crysis 2 multiplayer, no trouble getting games there for me at least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, even though I really love the multiplayer, it's a righteous laugh.
I actually resist playing because of all them problems. I'm hoping the patch will fix all the unreachable sessions, the crashing/freezing/disconnects and waiting in the lobby. But until then, I'm gonna be really careful with the few games I play, to not spoil my appetite for more. Because that's kinda what all these bugs are doing...

Sharkbonboh
04-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi, everyone im having the same problems its annoying plz help i try to join friends but it just say"unreachable"

plz help!

future thanks sharkbonboh

lockerxzx
04-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Ubisoft has expected this problem when making the multiplayer game. Otherwise why would they include "the session is unreachable" error in the game. It's Ubisoft fault they couldn't fix the problem when developing the game

NightmareGK13
04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockerxzx:
Ubisoft has expected this problem when making the multiplayer game. Otherwise why would they include "the session is unreachable" error in the game. It's Ubisoft fault they couldn't fix the problem when developing the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and by the looks of it they won't fix it... ever

FinalBoss80
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NightmareGK13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockerxzx:
Ubisoft has expected this problem when making the multiplayer game. Otherwise why would they include "the session is unreachable" error in the game. It's Ubisoft fault they couldn't fix the problem when developing the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and by the looks of it they won't fix it... ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does seem like they are ignoring us. I mean i contacted them again, and so far no luck.

CowPan
04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
What's wrong with a server list?
Heck, even COD has one.

SeniorJuan
07-02-2011, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NightmareGK13:

and by the looks of it they won't fix it... ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we all think all of those errors are going to be fixed in Revelations

numskll
07-09-2011, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
If you have tried these fixes and it is still not working, please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't bother contacting support. They will not reply or help. It is just something the admins say here to make you go away. If MP doesn't work for you and you've tried the fixes offered on these forums then, barring a patch (highly unlikely at tihs point), MP will never work for you. The devs are all working on other things now they have no time to support a game that you've already paid for. They are working on their next bilk the customer option

Mr_Shade
07-09-2011, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numskll:

Don't bother contacting support. They will not reply or help. It is just something the admins say here to make you go away. If MP doesn't work for you and you've tried the fixes offered on these forums then, barring a patch (highly unlikely at tihs point), MP will never work for you. The devs are all working on other things now they have no time to support a game that you've already paid for. They are working on their next bilk the customer option </div></BLOCKQUOTE>sigh..

The team are working on several things currently, so they are fixing issues they can, as you may see from the pinned thread about lag and the recent Templar scores fix they performed.

So your suggestion that the team are not fixing anything, is false, as are your other assumptions.

Yes there are some issues at present that can't be fixed by a patch, such as peoples hardware, which is why certain threads are pinned, however not all issues can't be..

I suggest you stop posting belittling members of staff advice, before it earns you a suspension for trolling.

fatikis
07-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, Mr_Shade they have not fixed the problem or explained what is happening. So they are not doing anything about it. It seems they are too busy working on the new game.

The issues can be fixed by a patch and has absolutely nothing to do with the individuals hardware.

I suggest you stop belittling members of the forum who are actually trying to help.

You are not helping. Numskll at the very least is shedding some truth on the issue.

Now I know I will be banned.

It is apparently against the rules to speak out against the moderators. Even if they are abusing their privileges and being completely unhelpful and childish.

Siriuskar
07-12-2011, 10:04 AM
This problem is maddening. I have four friends online right now who I desperately want to play with. All of them can connect to one another, no problem. But every single time I try to connect they're always 'unreachable'...

My NAT type's open and I have a wired connection to my router. I've tried switching on and off various DLC combinations with no luck, and I've tried uninstalling and redownloading DLCs 1.0, 2.0 and the title update as people have suggested. As a last resort I'm trying the same again, only with the Da Vinci DLC as well. I don't know much about opening internet ports and stuff so after this attempt I'm basically stuffed.

Seems unlikely that there'll be some kind of magic fix that'll solve my mysterious problem, from the stuff I've read on the internet. I can only live in hope...

CaptainJammerz
07-12-2011, 03:37 PM
It seems their attitude towards fixing this issue is "Bugger off" pretty much, as said above, they're too busy trying to rake in more money with revelations, because people care more about the storyline singleplayer, so they cant be assed to fix it. Me and My friend who've had it since it first came out can play perfectly fine together, online and private, but as soon as my other friend Who actually only just got it recently tries it says "Unreachable" It seems what they think is that if they bought it first, they can play, but the other people can just suck it really, which isn't the correct attitude.

They can't and won't fix it because A) I honestly believe they dont have the know-how anymore, and B) They cant be bothered because it doesnt play online so it doesnt enter their minds, the only thing in their minds in DLC people will pay for, or revelations, good day Ubisoft, you've ruined my gaming experience.

fatikis
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieCozens:
It seems their attitude towards fixing this issue is "Bugger off" pretty much, as said above, they're too busy trying to rake in more money with revelations, because people care more about the storyline singleplayer, so they cant be assed to fix it. Me and My friend who've had it since it first came out can play perfectly fine together, online and private, but as soon as my other friend Who actually only just got it recently tries it says "Unreachable" It seems what they think is that if they bought it first, they can play, but the other people can just suck it really, which isn't the correct attitude.

They can't and won't fix it because A) I honestly believe they dont have the know-how anymore, and B) They cant be bothered because it doesnt play online so it doesnt enter their minds, the only thing in their minds in DLC people will pay for, or revelations, good day Ubisoft, you've ruined my gaming experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft only cares about raping our wallets.
Fixing a game people have already purchased does not make them more money.

fatikis
07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
So I sent a ticket into Ubisoft explaining what I'd done to attempt to fix the problem.

The "tech" there sent me a list of fixes that I'd already said I'd tried.

He clearly didn't even read my ticket.

I will never be buying another ubisoft game again.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatikis:
So I sent a ticket into Ubisoft explaining what I'd done to attempt to fix the problem.

I will never be buying another ubisoft game again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The first reply you get is normally the standard troubleshooting guide..

if that does not solve the issue, you should say so - and they will investigate further.

fatikis
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatikis:

I will never be buying another ubisoft game again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The first reply you get is normally the standard troubleshooting guide..

if that does not solve the issue, you should say so - and they will investigate further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering it had a name and said that **** responded. I'd assume that meant they read my ticket.

In fact to know the information that he needed to send for basic trouble shooting he would have had to have read my ticket.

Meaning that he
A. Didn't pay attention.
B. Is incompetent
C. Doesn't care

Mr_Shade
07-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Like I said.. you normally get a guide to fix the issue you have contacted them for..

This guide is the official way to solve things, which may be different than what you may have done, or read else where.

When people say 'I have opened NAT' - it does not always mean they have done it either correctly, or have in fact done it at all.. So rather than waste your valuable time, trying other things, the common fixes are suggested first.

As a flip side, you may get some information that you deem unneeded - but you need to tell them you have followed that advice, if you have.

fatikis
07-13-2011, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Like I said.. you normally get a guide to fix the issue you have contacted them for..

This guide is the official way to solve things, which may be different than what you may have done, or read else where.

When people say 'I have opened NAT' - it does not always mean they have done it either correctly, or have in fact done it at all.. So rather than waste your valuable time, trying other things, the common fixes are suggested first.

As a flip side, you may get some information that you deem unneeded - but you need to tell them you have followed that advice, if you have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I should tell them twice that I already did that.

So should I copy and paste my previous post?
Why does it take telling them twice for them to believe me that I tried?

Why if they didn't believe that I tried the first time would they believe I did it the second?

None of that makes sense. And that is not the way intelligent customer support works. I know because I'm in customer support.

For not believing me when I told them I did it they are wasting more of my time. Not less in any way.

fatikis
07-13-2011, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This problem is only caused by having one or more of the required ports blocked to your system. If you are using McAfee Internet Security, please note that you will have to uninstall that program before the game will allow you to connect. If you have a router or DSL modem, please contact the manufacturer of that device to make sure that you have updated the firmware for it correctly as well as to check to make sure that the required ports are open. Unfortunately, the only other recommendation that we could make for you would be to contact your ISP for additional troubleshooting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is the answer that Ubisoft gave me.
Being a network technician I can tell everyone right now that this is untrue.

What it really means is that Ubisoft has no intention of fixing their broken game. They are to busy trying to make more money off of the next game. Screw their current customers.

PopHawk
07-18-2011, 05:56 AM
I finally managed to fix this on my home network! Turns out I had (intentionally) P2P protocol filtering turned on on a ClearOS firewall. I exempted ubisoft.com and uplay.com from the filtering and presto, it all worked!

I haven't seen any type of protocol filtering mentioned with this. I didn't have all P2P filtered, just some of the really bad ones. I didn't take the time to trial and error it down to a single protocol, but that sure seems like something UBI support should consider.

Anyways, worked for me so putting it out there in case someone else had the issue. It has the same symptoms as the port issue. I could play the game, but could not INVEST, could not get to Multiplayer and could not get to UPLAY from in-game.

Rivercool99
07-30-2011, 03:39 PM
No matter what anyone who owns this game just get on and start searching for a session. Sometimes it takes me forever but if more people get on then it won't be so hard to find a match and it's better for everyone.

Rivercool99
07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
After a little bit of time searching for matches I've decided that using player match is a faster way of finding a match.

Rapier-4
08-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Ok, now even I'm getting annoyed. The last time I sent a question to support,: Same answer as you would find in the help support. Now really, I tried opening those ports at the network options, no luck. I go to DI-246M, tried opening ports from there: No luck. Now, what seems to be the solution eh?

Sessions for me are ALL UNREACHABLE. Srlsly? Do I have to do all the work for the game I PAID for? rly?

kimitchi85
08-07-2011, 07:35 AM
man waiting for loading screen for hours isn't bad enough...and I thought oh well get people to add me as friend in the game would help right? I can just join their game when they are playing....now I got 7 friends playing and I can't join non of their games all says unreachable SERIOUSLY!!! then I finally got into a game THEY KICKED ME OUT FOR NO REASON!!!! DC ME AND SHIET OH GOD PLZ TELL ME WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG TO DESERVE THESE CORPORATIONS TO CON ME MY MONEY AND GET DISSATISFIED MPlayer experience! ...don't tell me to read the support forums again or talk to the support guys NON OF THEM HELP! NO reply from the support guys! NTH!!! I feel cheated by UBISOFT!!! I AM SICK OF THIS BS!

Rivercool99
08-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow, check out the assassins creed brotherhood rage.

tomhbk5
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
I dont know if its just random but i have found i can join random people but not friends. I have been invited by friends and it will always be unreachable but when invited by a random person i can join. I recently made friends with one of these random people because we kept on being in the same game and we invited each other to games fine. BUT as soon as i added him as a friend wecould no longer play together. So if you are willing to delete friends and give this ago please write back to me and tell me if it works!

dayko_yo
01-03-2014, 02:45 AM
2013.. nothing changes.. UBI... i have no word.

dayko_yo
01-03-2014, 02:46 AM
oh sorry... 2014......

david0397793
01-03-2014, 04:33 AM
It easy to fix : Your internet is slow and need renewing, hope it helps