PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Fix it, or don't make another sequel.

LP23_Ubi
01-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I know everybody is going crazy about the new Assassin's Creed game. I love the Assassin's Creed series but, next I'm already starting to hear cries for AC III! Reveal! Trailer! Ok, first of all, Brotherhood JUST came out and everyone is loving the new multiplayer experience, yet unfortunately, there are so many bugs including the huge disappointment of how the matchmaking service is just simply terrible and how players have to wait for 30 minutes to just sit and play a 10 minute round; who knows if it's going to be a group of good players or a group of kids who don't know what they're doing (would just waste your time).

If I were working in Ubisoft on the Assassin's Creed series, AC III would be the last of my worries. Ubisoft really needs to focus on fixing the bugs and the extremely annoying matchmaking problem at hand. People who buy Brotherhood want to enjoy its multiplayer and want to feel like it's a smooth running system, not a system that has amazing features, but takes a lifetime to get something started.

AC III would be nice, but Ubisoft MUST concentrate on fixing the major problems in the multiplayer services before moving on to another sequel. They have come far with the AC games, but if the main attraction to this game does not run smoothly, why even bother picking it up? It's like buying a new iPhone but all it does is being able to use the phone part. Same concept. Don't even think about a sequel when you got a huge bug that needs to be fixed right away.

Yes, the new DLC content is pretty cool, but why bother with that if you can't even get a game started? The ridiculous matchmaking service just RUINS the multiplayer. Now if multiplayer experiences were in a competition, honestly AC Brotherhood would not impress because the features are very well created, but a match can't even be found.

The point of this is why start a brand new project when you still got a lot of dirt on your hands that you need to clean up? Fix these problems, or put a big fat "THE END" for Assassin's Creed.

LP23_Ubi
01-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I know everybody is going crazy about the new Assassin's Creed game. I love the Assassin's Creed series but, next I'm already starting to hear cries for AC III! Reveal! Trailer! Ok, first of all, Brotherhood JUST came out and everyone is loving the new multiplayer experience, yet unfortunately, there are so many bugs including the huge disappointment of how the matchmaking service is just simply terrible and how players have to wait for 30 minutes to just sit and play a 10 minute round; who knows if it's going to be a group of good players or a group of kids who don't know what they're doing (would just waste your time).

If I were working in Ubisoft on the Assassin's Creed series, AC III would be the last of my worries. Ubisoft really needs to focus on fixing the bugs and the extremely annoying matchmaking problem at hand. People who buy Brotherhood want to enjoy its multiplayer and want to feel like it's a smooth running system, not a system that has amazing features, but takes a lifetime to get something started.

AC III would be nice, but Ubisoft MUST concentrate on fixing the major problems in the multiplayer services before moving on to another sequel. They have come far with the AC games, but if the main attraction to this game does not run smoothly, why even bother picking it up? It's like buying a new iPhone but all it does is being able to use the phone part. Same concept. Don't even think about a sequel when you got a huge bug that needs to be fixed right away.

Yes, the new DLC content is pretty cool, but why bother with that if you can't even get a game started? The ridiculous matchmaking service just RUINS the multiplayer. Now if multiplayer experiences were in a competition, honestly AC Brotherhood would not impress because the features are very well created, but a match can't even be found.

The point of this is why start a brand new project when you still got a lot of dirt on your hands that you need to clean up? Fix these problems, or put a big fat "THE END" for Assassin's Creed.

AKG32
01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I would rather they focus on AC 3, which I'm sure will also have multiplayer, and they use what they've learned from Brotherhood to improve on it/avoid current bugs

As it is, Brotherhood's multiplayer isn't too bad

AC-FANBOY
01-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't get whats up with all this crying about the match making. It must be something wrong with your internet, cause it only takes me about 1 minute just to get into a game.

Arathar
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> the huge disappointment of how the matchmaking service is just simply terrible and how players have to wait for 30 minutes to just sit and play a 10 minute round; who knows if it's going to be a group of good players or a group of kids who don't know what they're doing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop expecting the next modern warfare. Compare AC:B multiplayer to the first modern warfare's multiplayer, if you will. It wasn't perfect either. Remember, this is their FIRST dabble into multiplayer. I'm POSITIVE they'll add what they've learned from this into their next game's multiplayer. chill.

____

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I were working in Ubisoft on the Assassin's Creed series, AC III would be the last of my worries. Ubisoft really needs to focus on fixing the bugs and the extremely annoying matchmaking problem at hand. People who buy Brotherhood want to enjoy its multiplayer ... They have come far with the AC games, but if the main attraction to this game does not run smoothly, why even bother picking it up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The main attraction to this game" "people who buy brotherhood want to enjoy multiplayer"

I couldn't disagree more. While I agree with your points, that multiplayer is not perfect and has it's flaws, you're blowing it way out of proportion. People who buy AC want to play the single player. That is what Ubi spends the most time on, and that is what has made AC the series that it is today. You never saw any multiplayer in ACII or ACI, did you? Once again, while I do agree there are some flaws in multiplayer, it makes me laugh that you think its the main purpose of the AC series.

Mah opinionz. Take em for what you will.

LP23_Ubi
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheEgo:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The main attraction to this game" "people who buy brotherhood want to enjoy multiplayer"

I couldn't disagree more. While I agree with your points, that multiplayer is not perfect and has it's flaws, you're blowing it way out of proportion. People who buy AC want to play the single player. That is what Ubi spends the most time on, and that is what has made AC the series that it is today. You never saw any multiplayer in ACII or ACI, did you? Once again, while I do agree there are some flaws in multiplayer, it makes me laugh that you think its the main purpose of the AC series.

Mah opinionz. Take em for what you will.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about AC series, I'm talking about AC Brotherhood specifically. The new multiplayer reveal has people drooling to wanting to buy the game EVEN MORE. Yes I agree that the singleplayer is the main branch and is a big part to why fans want to buy Brotherhood, but the multiplayer portion of Brotherhood has people running over the speed limit to get their hands on a copy.

Singleplayer = main branch; main reason
Multiplayer = main attracting; the magnet to ATTRACT more buyers

Warforger
01-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Very true I bought AC:B because it had multiplayer so that when I'm done with the SP campaign the only replay value wouldn't be doing more of the same ol' go to Borgia Tower kill captain burn tower then run out of towers to destroy then get Romulus armor, and by now I have nothing to do besides go back and experience memories.

Take Fallout 3 for example, once you've down the campaign you still had alot of many side quests which were actual quests on their own to do much to explore and it would take probably around 100 hours to finish everything and if you got bored you could slaughter the people of entire towns and cities. In AC:B all you get to do is kill guards.

Otherwise the multiplayer the only real issue is how long it takes for a game to start even if all the slots are full it still takes a while to start.