PDA

View Full Version : Mouse FreezeType Problem:Ctrl Alt Del Doesnt Fix!!!

ytareh
04-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I recently installed an X1900XT.Had a bit of hassle getting suitable software to run fans at suitable speed,apply Antialiasing in game etc.Used Omega drivers and ATI Tool in the end .ATI CCC a disaster with its clocking down in non game applications .
Anyway in game if I get the mouse freeze which may be caused by Ctrl Alt Del-ing to desktop to check something else or even if looking at the map by pressing M key I find I cannot return to the game.
I try and press on the IL2 sturmovik tab at bottom of screen (task bar?)but it freezes and just wont work.Just now I was in a mission having climbed for ages and I could hear my plane crashing but couldnt see it!This is So annoying any ideas anybody!?
Used have the traditional similar prob but Ctrl Alt Del (Alt Tab) always solved it.

ytareh
04-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I recently installed an X1900XT.Had a bit of hassle getting suitable software to run fans at suitable speed,apply Antialiasing in game etc.Used Omega drivers and ATI Tool in the end .ATI CCC a disaster with its clocking down in non game applications .
Anyway in game if I get the mouse freeze which may be caused by Ctrl Alt Del-ing to desktop to check something else or even if looking at the map by pressing M key I find I cannot return to the game.
I try and press on the IL2 sturmovik tab at bottom of screen (task bar?)but it freezes and just wont work.Just now I was in a mission having climbed for ages and I could hear my plane crashing but couldnt see it!This is So annoying any ideas anybody!?
Used have the traditional similar prob but Ctrl Alt Del (Alt Tab) always solved it.

ytareh
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
This happens offline or online...Go to desktop in mid game (Windows key or Ctrl Alt Del) and you can HEAR but not SEE the game when you try and return ....permanently frozen out.Overheating def not an issue.1 gig best RAM.

Worf101
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I sometimes have the same problem. But usually C-A-D fixes it. My machine also locks up occaisionally when coming out of an online coop. I'll be very interested in hearing what the solution is.

But I think the guys here who are always quite helpful will need some more information like...

Operating system
How much ram
Diag file etc...

Before they can attempt to help.

Da Worfster

ytareh
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Cured by Un-overclocking X1900XT down from XTX speeds....Antec 480W PSU is probably marginal for this graphics card...

Worf101
04-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Hmm interesting fix...

twin X1950's yeah I'd say min 650watter to run all that gpu.

Da Worfster

ytareh
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
POSTSCRIPT This problem hung around for a while and it turned out I did get ATI CCC to work with ATI Tool after a reinstall of drivers.The glitch seems to have been the fault of the Omega drivers...Anyway I think the trick is NOT to enable OVERDRIVE or 'Unlock' the card in CCC
Card re-overclocked and happily playing away at XTX speeds at arctic temps with ATI Tool fan control