PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Combustions of Torpedo Boats

DOPE.
04-07-2005, 08:12 AM
So, I was sneaking through the british channel, when all of a sudden a british torpedo boat appears, and starts fring off his MG at me. I drop to periscope depth, change course and run silent for a while...

30 minutes (ish) pass, and theres contacts coming in from all around me!! I take a peek up above with my periscope, and see 4 destroyers and 3 torpedo boats hunting for me, and they are getting closer! So i drop to max depth (about 30 meters in the channel..), and shut down all engines, and just sit and wait it out... after a while, i have another look up top with the external cam( I know its cheating, but theres not much else to do when your sat at the bottom of the sea, not moving, and you cant compres time!!) What do i see? The 4 destroyers still hunting me down, and the 3 torpedo boats, but this time, all 3 of the little boats are on fire!!?? WTF? what happened? Did they start shooting each other, did they get cold and try to light a fire in the fuel tank to keep warm, what?

Bizzare to tell the truth... any one know how/why this happened?

Oh, and btw, i survived the hunt, slipped away under cover of darkness, only for the game to crash when i put time comprssion on!! ARGH! an hour and a half at real time x1 speed, only for it to crash, how annoying!!

DOPE.
04-07-2005, 08:12 AM
So, I was sneaking through the british channel, when all of a sudden a british torpedo boat appears, and starts fring off his MG at me. I drop to periscope depth, change course and run silent for a while...

30 minutes (ish) pass, and theres contacts coming in from all around me!! I take a peek up above with my periscope, and see 4 destroyers and 3 torpedo boats hunting for me, and they are getting closer! So i drop to max depth (about 30 meters in the channel..), and shut down all engines, and just sit and wait it out... after a while, i have another look up top with the external cam( I know its cheating, but theres not much else to do when your sat at the bottom of the sea, not moving, and you cant compres time!!) What do i see? The 4 destroyers still hunting me down, and the 3 torpedo boats, but this time, all 3 of the little boats are on fire!!?? WTF? what happened? Did they start shooting each other, did they get cold and try to light a fire in the fuel tank to keep warm, what?

Bizzare to tell the truth... any one know how/why this happened?

Oh, and btw, i survived the hunt, slipped away under cover of darkness, only for the game to crash when i put time comprssion on!! ARGH! an hour and a half at real time x1 speed, only for it to crash, how annoying!!

mbabbs
04-07-2005, 08:21 AM
It does seem to be a bug. PT boats seem to catch fire regularly.

Also if an enemy unit accidentally fires on a friend (I have read) then its friends will attack it.

Bad Weather is also a culprit but this isn't really a bug. Take a PT boat into a hurricane and its liable sinking.

meowcat999
04-07-2005, 09:19 AM
i have seen a British fighter plane dive bomb a British destroyer too.