PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, do you like this game? My opinion inside. (No Spolier)

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 03:21 AM
This game is only ok.

It's a step into a new direction of game play, but by it's self it is merely mediocre.

The game isn't anything really new as far as graphics go and it is definitely full of clipping and glitches. It also freezes quite often.

Where the game lacks most is how often things repeat. Once you have assassinated one target, it really isn't very different from there out. It's always the same. All the cities look alike. They only change color and increase in difficulty. The dialog is weak. The enemies and city people repeat what they say over and over.

Even in missions, characters will ask you to do something that may be in 4 parts. They will repeat the mission to you (exactly the same words) every time you return for the next portion, as if you have never met before. That really rips you out of the game and back onto the couch. You feel like you are not IN the game.

AI:

The AI is actually pretty good in combat. ENEMIES DO ATTACK AT THE SAME TIME!!! They don't wait like people keep saying. Two enemies will swing at you at the same time if given the chance.

Things are slowed down a bit during combat turns I think to give you the ability to choose the way you would like to fight. It's almost as if every enemy is really scared to be the one to try to land an attack because they keep seeing their friends die trying. haha

Anyway, there is no real desire to keep playing after 2 or 3 cities though. It's just a bunch of the same **** over and over. So...be ready for that. I'm serious...it's TETRIS repetitive.

There are SO many ways they could have made this better. They spent three years on it...I think maybe 2 a half of those years were in marketing.

Save your money, and don't buy Kane & Lynch...it's looking like that game sucks too. I haven't played that one yet though.

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Also, why didn't they have a NIGHT TIME in the game? You would think that an assassin would attack at night.

Why didn't they have more weapons to choose from?

Why do the city people have to comment on every move you make...it isn't very fun to jump from roof top to roof top if the city people keep saying you're stupid and acting like a child while you do so. You are trying to be this super sneaky smooth killer and every time you run up a wall you get clowned on and called out.

Why can't your character crouch? I'm supposed to be a freakin assassin, yet I can't crouch just anywhere I want. All you get to do is that weird "blend" thing. Stupid.

Why can't you hide bodies?

Why can't you change into the enemy's clothing?

Why can't you conduct your investigations the way YOU want? Instead of being forced to do it the corny SUPER REPEAT (no fun) way they make you...

Such a wasted opportunity of a cool idea.

DDR
11-16-2007, 03:40 AM
If they added too much, my 360 would explode

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 03:46 AM
hmm i'd have to disagree with you on a few points, but theres other parts of the game where i'd like to be improved as well

he's wearing white because...it would seem like he's a daylight assassin...? lol
but the cities all look very different, for example damascus is very well built (you can see it from the moment you enter as you climb...unless you followed the scholars)
and the city that starts with "A"...is really run down, there were dead bodies outside and all the walls were chipped, not to mention the lack of tall buildings including the viewpoints.

i would have to say that you didn't get crouch because you didn't need it, if crouching in some corner would get them to not notice you...it'd be too easy.
this is only the first of what is assumed to be a trilogy based on the information given(see the spoil thread for more detailed information), and being able to climb everything in a city of that size is already quite amazing.

the assassin clan isn't just like a mercenary camp...they're of their own people and agenda, you're more of an elite soldier...unlike ninjas...if that's why you're asking about the tunic colors and daytime.

but yes the game does get repetitive, but if you're willing to look into the story line more, it would be alot more interesting =)

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Too much filler, not enough flavor. Too much quantity and not enough quality. That's my issue.

Look what was said here on another forum...

im on the 4th assassination, turned it off and havnt been back to it. Im one of those gameplayers that has to climb every tower, has to save every citizen and its ruined it for me. its the same thing over and over again, yet if just dont do it i feel like im not doing the game. I know it sounds wierd...but anywayys i got mario galaxy and i have no inclination to turn it back on, if this game was better than ok i would. im on the 4th assassination, turned it off and havnt been back to it. Im one of those gameplayers that has to climb every tower, has to save every citizen and its ruined it for me. its the same thing over and over again, yet if just dont do it i feel like im not doing the game. I know it sounds wierd...but anywayys i got mario galaxy and i have no inclination to turn it back on, if this game was better than ok i would.

I wanted this game to be good...very badly.

colt122
11-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Mark52007:
Also, why didn't they have a NIGHT TIME in the game? You would think that an assassin would attack at night.

Why do the city people have to comment on every move you make...it isn't very fun to jump from roof top to roof top if the city people keep saying you're stupid and acting like a child while you do so. You are trying to be this super sneaky smooth killer and every time you run up a wall you get clowned on and called out.

Why can't your character crouch? I'm supposed to be a freakin assassin, yet I can't crouch just anywhere I want. All you get to do is that weird "blend" thing. Stupid.

Why can't you conduct your investigations the way YOU want? Instead of being forced to do it the corny SUPER REPEAT (no fun) way they make you...

im sorry my friend you have just made a complete fool of yourself
if you watch the trailers and listen to the interviews they clearly state assassins dont need to change clothes hide bodys you can crouch except crouching in the middle of nowhere is pointless
i agree with the investigation stuff (i dont have the game yet but i have heard its very repetitive
and you wouldnt need any more weapons then what you have what else would you need a golf club?

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:12 AM
lol, well the civilian saving part only plays as 2 roles, 1. to unlock more health bars 2. to make an escape route after assassinating target (using the vigilantes)

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by colt122:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark52007:

im sorry my friend you have just made a complete fool of yourself
if you watch the trailers and listen to the interviews they clearly state assassins dont need to change clothes hide bodys you can crouch except crouching in the middle of nowhere is pointless
i agree with the investigation stuff (i dont have the game yet but i have heard its very repetitive
and you wouldnt need any more weapons then what you have what else would you need a golf club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you haven't even played the game...and your commenting on what assassins need? In what? Real life...I'm talking what they needed to add in the game...to make it more fun...give you more to do...instead of repeat filler.

But...I'm the fool? haha

Tell you what, buy the game first...play it, then get back to me.

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Zeshal:
lol, well the civilian saving part only plays as 2 roles, 1. to unlock more health bars 2. to make an escape route after assassinating target (using the vigilantes)

I like the civilian save part. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 04:22 AM
I'm the same type of gamer that Mark52007 posted a comment from. I have to explore everything. I have to do every sidequest. I have to get every flag. I have just finished the 6th assassination.

The game is still as fun to me now as it was when I first turned it on.

Ever play a game with constant fetch quests (mainly MMORPGs)? Go get an item, bring it back. Go kill someone, take something from him, bring it back. Go here, talk to this guy, come back. How is that any different? Yet noone complains about repetitiveness in those games. As an assassin, your goal is to kill a target. When thats done, you kill another. What else should there be?

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by xekushnr:
I'm the same type of gamer that Mark52007 posted a comment from. I have to explore everything. I have to do every sidequest. I have to get every flag. I have just finished the 6th assassination.

Ever play a game with constant fetch quests (mainly MMORPGs)? Go get an item, bring it back. Go kill someone, take something from him, bring it back. Go here, talk to this guy, come back. How is that any different? Yet noone complains about repetitiveness in those games. As an assassin, your goal is to kill a target. When thats done, you kill another. What else should there be?

Maybe you right. But it wasn't spoken about like that in the interviews and demos. It was almost hidden that the game would be 2 hours of fun and 12 hours of filler.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:27 AM
well hiding bodies...
i think the main theme of the game is to do a standstill assassination and leaving the scene before anyone notices...
so if you were to hide the body...you kind of just expose yourself? lol

you do crouch...you just have to hold jump..lol...a stationary crouch (i was wondering the same thing)

again, you're in an assassin's clan, but you're not just an assassin, assassins in definition are more of people for hire, much like mercenaries. you're more of an elite soldier from an establishment that heavily emphasizes on assassination.

i think everyone's just too integrated into the japanese ninjas, with the smoke bombs, and the hookshots and all the other gadgets.

it was said many times that he's the "blade in the crowd", i guess that's his style and what he's trained to do, =\ just hope for a more creative assassin for you to play as in the sequel i guess

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:29 AM
well hiding bodies...
i think the main theme of the game is to do a standstill assassination and leaving the scene before anyone notices...
so if you were to hide the body...you kind of just expose yourself? lol

you do crouch...you just have to hold jump..lol...a stationary crouch (i was wondering the same thing)

again, you're in an assassin's clan, but you're not just an assassin, assassins in definition are more of people for hire, much like mercenaries. you're more of an elite soldier from an establishment that heavily emphasizes on assassination.

i think everyone's just too integrated into the japanese ninjas, with the smoke bombs, and the hookshots and all the other gadgets.

it was said many times that he's the "blade in the crowd", i guess that's his style and what he's trained to do, =\ just hope for a more creative assassin for you to play as in the sequel i guess

Ok, I respect this answer more then any yet.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xekushnr:

Maybe you right. But it wasn't spoken about like that in the interviews and demos. It was almost hidden that the game would be 2 hours of fun and 12 hours of filler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first of all...the game is not 14 hours...unless you refuse to believe that fact that you can't swim
the game is introduced as enviornmental focused and integrated play during the formal reviews, if this is repetitive, aren't all fps games repetitive...i mean...you just shoot with different guns right? you're basically moving on the same platform just different wall placements. so what's so bad about AC? i mean the name assassin's creed restricts you from doing many things, such as killing civilians and thugs (which could be fun..kinda just slaughter all of them), the storyline and the theme of the game is the focus, and that changes the game play

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:33 AM

Ok, I respect this answer more then any yet.

thanks you =)

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark52007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xekushnr:

Maybe you right. But it wasn't spoken about like that in the interviews and demos. It was almost hidden that the game would be 2 hours of fun and 12 hours of filler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

first of all...the game is not 14 hours...unless you refuse to believe that fact that you can't swim
the game is introduced as enviornmental focused and integrated play during the formal reviews, if this is repetitive, aren't all fps games repetitive...i mean...you just shoot with different guns right? you're basically moving on the same platform just different wall placements. so what's so bad about AC? i mean the name assassin's creed restricts you from doing many things, such as killing civilians and thugs (which could be fun..kinda just slaughter all of them), the storyline and the theme of the game is the focus, and that changes the game play </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but this isn't an FPS. It's a TPAA (third person action adventure)

I'm thinking they should have taken notes from their Splinter Cell counter parts.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
i guess so, i've been defending the game for the past hour or so but i've felt the same way

i found the weapon system to be too simple and also the fighting system, i own a copy of heavenlysword, and lets just say the fighting system is alot better, even though its one of those "beatthemup" kind of games, but a selection of weapons would be nice, not in variety, but in looks and maybe even color.

i really hated the fact that the other assassins all have this black hood outside and you don't, it would be superb if i could change my tunic color.

but then again, it's always fun to assassinate someone and then hear "oh my god, what happend here" like 10 seconds later

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:45 AM
i guess so, i've been defending the game for the past hour or so but i've felt the same way

i found the weapon system to be too simple and also the fighting system, i own a copy of heavenlysword, and lets just say the fighting system is alot better, even though its one of those "beatthemup" kind of games, but a selection of weapons would be nice, not in variety, but in looks and maybe even color.

i really hated the fact that the other assassins all have this black hood outside and you don't, it would be superb if i could change my tunic color.

but then again, it's always fun to assassinate someone and then hear "oh my god, what happend here" like 10 seconds later

Agreed. I mean, I understand coming out simple then growing...but this is just waaaay to simple.

TheDazzler
11-16-2007, 04:47 AM
A lot of the criticism that I see here refers to the 'sneaky' kind of assassin. And although you can play that kind of character, the historical Hashashin were known for their kills in public (THATS why they became feared and well known). A true Hashashin WANTS the kills to be seen, in broad daylight, to make a point. It has political significance that way. No need for moving bodies, no night time for silent assassinations: this can be well defended by the games historical accuracy.

As for the repeativeness of the missions: I fully agree. They could've done more missions that require you to go into the kingdom and/or from city to city.

Anyway, I still beleive AC is a solid game. Hate it or love it.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 04:50 AM
in short form, altair is a cocky assassin =P

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by TheDazzler:
A lot of the criticism that I see here refers to the 'sneaky' kind of assassin. And although you can play that kind of character, the historical Hashashin were known for their kills in public (THATS why they became feared and well known). A true Hashashin WANTS the kills to be seen, in broad daylight, to make a point. It has political significance that way. No need for moving bodies, no night time for silent assassinations: this can be well defended by the games historical accuracy.

As for the repeativeness of the missions: I fully agree. They could've done more missions that require you to go into the kingdom and/or from city to city.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I agree with this and it changes my mind about some of the things I said.

ocataco
11-16-2007, 05:15 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Sassabian
11-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Like TheDazzler said Hashashins(sp?) wanted to be seen and many of them got killed right after the hit. Thats why they were so deadly. You could be well guarded but they would still get you because there was no need to have a plan to get out=) Ohh and about the thing where they jump in the haystacks, story tells that it really happened but without the hay=) they were so loyal to their master.

I have my copy of the game today afternoon and after I play couple of hours I try to come back and tell if I feel like you do Mark52007. I really hope not but lets see. Ohh btw I'm getting it on ps3.

-Topi-

Mark52007
11-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Sassabian:
Like TheDazzler said Hashashins(sp?) wanted to be seen and many of them got killed right after the hit. Thats why they were so deadly. You could be well guarded but they would still get you because there was no need to have a plan to get out=) Ohh and about the thing where they jump in the haystacks, story tells that it really happened but without the hay=) they were so loyal to their master.

I have my copy of the game today afternoon and after I play couple of hours I try to come back and tell if I feel like you do Mark52007. I really hope not but lets see. Ohh btw I'm getting it on ps3.

-Topi-

I think you'll like it. The game is fun. It's just too repetitious. I have it on PS3 as well.

madanath
11-16-2007, 05:28 AM
if everyone is complaining about the guards not being smart enough, then you might have not played the game enough. once you kill i think 4 tagets then al mualim says that all the guards are becoming more aware of ALtair and that they will suspect him more. so basically if you just run through a place with civilains the guards will be on you.

Pinjani10
11-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Wait till you do the mission in Acre (not the first set of 3 the 2nd) you run into templars now those are a *****

tevel3
11-16-2007, 05:39 AM
very repetitive, at some point i just stop playing because of the game but i kept playing so i can finish up the game and know what's up with the plot, afer a while it lose out of it's fun coz it's so repetitive, after playing it for some hours u finally get it that this is how the game going down, u investigate, u go back, u assasinate u go back again and again, after a while it's just boring doing it again and again, so i kept playing like i said for the plot, to see what's going on with the all si-fi thing.

btw i'm not saying that the game isn't good, it's not making u throw the controller away coz it's **** or because it's not fun, it is fun and ok but the repetitive part making it boring, it does dserv 7 out of 10 coz nothing new is going on, but it's not that it's not ok to play, just getting boring after a while.

Seragath
11-16-2007, 09:10 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif now thats a true Hashasin http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

GuStick93
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by tevel3:
very repetitive, at some point i just stop playing because of the game but i kept playing so i can finish up the game and know what's up with the plot, afer a while it lose out of it's fun coz it's so repetitive, after playing it for some hours u finally get it that this is how the game going down, u investigate, u go back, u assasinate u go back again and again, after a while it's just boring doing it again and again, so i kept playing like i said for the plot, to see what's going on with the all si-fi thing.

btw i'm not saying that the game isn't good, it's not making u throw the controller away coz it's **** or because it's not fun, it is fun and ok but the repetitive part making it boring, it does dserv 7 out of 10 coz nothing new is going on, but it's not that it's not ok to play, just getting boring after a while. well u said thet ur playing to fnish the plot,so ur basicly speeding in,thats probably why ur finding it boring,take ur time and find the funnest way to get to ur target,also of course if u want to finish it as fast as possible its boring,its a sandbox game,there are lots of other stuff to do,u can do the side missions,go templar or flag hunting,or basicly have fun climbing buildings and harassing civilians

dd22cowboys
11-16-2007, 09:34 AM
i love this game and will play it over and over. Some people are asking way too much from this game. They delivered on everything they said! Social acceptance, climbing everything, people are obstacles, intuitive controls, awesome fighting moves, etc. I really think you guys should read the game features before u get mad that the game isnt doing what its meant to do. Thats like buying a pencil sharpener and wondering why it doesnt bake cakes! I just hope you dont ruin it for the rest of us who want a sequal!

fpus
11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
The sequal to this should be, they jump off the building as the Master commands and the Alltair or whatever spelling dies. the end.

Yawnfest.

And if you do love it so much, wait 1 month and see if you can even locate this game on your shelf.

Karl_93
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
the only problem i have with this game is the save the citizens missions, but everything else is awesome. If i ever get bored of side missions i just wander around the town trying to memorise the streets and the like, and now i've only been in 1/3 of two cities, which is 2/9 of all the cities, and im finding it big already. just relax a bit and the game is amazing and unrepetative. Though can anyone answer how you push people while running? i cant seem to do it whenever i press b while running nothing happens even if i just run without pressing a. any help? is it an upgrade?

XNeofX
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I finished the game and it is the best game i've ever played

fpus
11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
XNeofX...didi you just get out of prison after servig 20?

Was pong the last game you ever played?

DeAdLy2323
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
i think this game is great, i mean you can climb and do anything anywhere, IMO this is a breakthrough in gaming. i mean, how many times in crackdown would you try to jump and climb onto this window but it was fake, a lot, and now, you can climb, not only on the window, but the bars/ledges on it too. i mean, this game is also just HUGE. imagine the 3 cities in any gta game, put those together, and then you h ave 1 city in this game. not to mention masayf the kingodm in between, and the other 2 cities.

i think you people expected way wayyy too much and are disappointed that there isnt an entire world to go through. so what there isn't any day/night cycle. try freerunning when you can't see where you are going. and for the people that say the AI is dumb, maybe you just are...

so ya thats what i think

bl80
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
its really got some great things going for it.. exploration in games used to really enthrall me but its become mainstay now.. if i am expected to pay 60 dollars for a game it better deliver.

AC does not.

going to see how much trade in i can get for it.. probably not enough to make it worth it.. figure a rent would have cost 5 bucks.. dont think i could get 50 bucks credit if i tried..

oh well..

ive wasted more on much less.

damn pretty game tho.

just bland and boring.

DeAdLy2323
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
how does it not deliever? it has exactly what they said it would, not more, and not less actually, maybe a little more. these worlds are WAY bigger then i thought they would be and load times are fast too. especially since you control altair during them

dsgt92d
11-16-2007, 12:19 PM
My only comment would be on the inability to choose whether or not you want to view the entire cut scenes or opt out of them.

I do believe this is a love or hate game there is no real in-between and I'm loving it so far.

endo23
11-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm just baffled that people will play LEGO STAR WARS or whatever, in which you literally just attack every enemy and item on screen, collect gems and "build" lego items by holding a single button... yet claim AC is shallow or repetitive or whatever. Every game is repetitive, from Pac Man to Tetris to Bioshock. (In fact, Bioshock has a very similar structure to AC, in a way, where each completed "mission," e.g. killing a Big Daddy, yields new combat powers so you'll be equipped the handle the next mission, kill another Big Daddy, etc.) You have to have some realistic expectations here, folks. Just because it's not the right game for you doesn't mean Ubi blew it.

RukiaRod
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
::sigh::

i got the game two days ago and it's exactly what i thought it would be and a bit more. If you enjoy playing games like "The Godfather" and any gta titles, then you'll like AC. It's your typical free roamer with a couple objectives in it. I must admit, it's not the best game out there, but's its hella cool with as much as they put in there. I mean guys, all the little things being taken for granted here take ALOT of time and effort to develop. Ubi wasn't just waisting 3 out of 4 years making the game boring >.>. Maybe they just invested too much time into the little things that they ended up sacrificing some of the big things that people actually do notice and wish was there.

Furthermore, in terms of this whole "zomgzor teh fuxing game is so uber repetive!!"...let's be realistic guys, i HIGHLY doubt ANYBODY would consider this a big deal if the reviews would'nt have mentioned that exact phrase so damn much. The repetitions are relative you guys >.>... every game is the EXACT same WAY. But why aren't we complaining bout those ones? Just take the game for what it is. Not the best, but hella good for what its worth.

Personally i like it and i think its worth getting. Maybe not now for the 60 bux but maybe later when its prices drop. It's definately worth playing though. But that's just imo....

richporter
11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
This is by far the best game I've ever played. The story, the scenery, the action is just unbelievable. When I'm climbing a steep hill and I perch atop the mountainside, I'm entirely blown away by what I see. It is the first game I've owned since Zelda that has successfully immersed me totally into the story. BioShock did this for me too but we're not on BioShock's forums are we? :P

I agree with the few that say the game is repetitive, but it doesn't cut away the fun for me. It's not anymore repetitive than say, Call of Duty, GTA or Gears of War. Simply put, the freedom this game allows to achieve your objectives in any way you wish makes it top shelf product.

The game is solid all around. Best game of the year in my opinion.

Astalder
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by RukiaRod:
::sigh::

i got the game two days ago and it's exactly what i thought it would be and a bit more. If you enjoy playing games like "The Godfather" and any gta titles, then you'll like AC. It's your typical free roamer with a couple objectives in it.

This quote for me sums it up. You are not an assassin in Assassin's Creed, by any real definition of the word. In Splinter Cell you were a spy, and you were still MORE of an assassin than you are in Assassin's Creed. In Hitman you were way more of an assassin than in Assassin's Creed. Right now, today, if Altair tried his garbage in one of my streets one of 245245 people with a gun would pop his hypocritical talentless arse like a zit.

Maybe it's as much of a problem with the fact that it's modeled off of the Hashshashin as it is the actual gameplay. If you like assassin type games and games that force you to think like an assassin would today, you will NOT like Assassin's Creed. If you like games that let you run around freely all over the place (sandbox games like GTA or Mercenaries) then you will like Assassin's Creed.

You're not really an assassin in AC, you're a thug (every single assassination violates the creed, it's a crock). People like me, that like playing things like never-seen hitmen, covert ops squads, or spies will likely never be happy with the gameplay of AC: Walk through a crowd, shank a guy publically, run away, call yourself an elite assassin. ANYONE can shank someone in a crowd, there's nothing compelling about it, it's only a question of how well you run away after doing it as publicly as possible.

Even the crowd hiding fails to compel me because the game puts so much emphasis on brutal and public executions. Crowd hiding where the guy dropped dead 3 minutes after I cut him, that I could get into.

So if the reason it's the way it is is because it's based of the Hashshashin, then that's the problem with AC. Perhaps the methods that worked for the Hashshashin are so dated and irrelevant in today's environment it can't possibly be interesting. Sorta like how entertaining you with a FPS set during the age of muskets would never work in an age that has seen WW2 and Vietnam. I suppose that makes for a fundamental design flaw that could have never been overcome, oh well.

PS. Depending on your genre being "repetitive" means different things. This is a sandbox game with objectives, so it's about how repetitive completing the objectives are. A MMO is about gameplay once you reach the max level, and how repetitive that is. A RTS is about how repetitive each mission layout is (is it always base on base, or does it get mixed up with you playing a squad, single tank, etc). A FPS is about how repetitive your environments are (Bioshock and COD4 aren't remotely repetitive, Halo 3 is repetitive with it's previous versions in the mix but not so much as a standalone).

all_seeing_1978
11-16-2007, 03:25 PM
guys you gotta remember this is based on Historical facts. This is how it was done back then. Since that time we have guns, camo, whatever.

If you gave Altair a gun and said assasinate this guy, he'd say that we have gone soft. the Assasin's got up close and personal with everyone. This game brings that out and personally I think it is a fresh approach. I love Sam Fisher, but come on he has camera jammers, rifles, night vision, etc. I think if you through sam back there Altair would cut him down. No offense to SC Fans sam rocks.

PetroRjak
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a simple test for games like this.

Last night I sat down to play at about 7:00pm.

The next time I thought to check what time it was the clock read 12:40am.

Almost 6 hours of complete engrossment is in the AWESOME range for me.

The things people are complaining about sound perfectly valid to me, however ... I'm just not bothered by them and they don't pull me out of the game.

Lovin' it.

all_seeing_1978
11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by PetroRjak:
I have a simple test for games like this.

Last night I sat down to play at about 7:00pm.

The next time I thought to check what time it was the clock read 12:40am.

Almost 6 hours of complete engrossment is in the AWESOME range for me.

The things people are complaining about sound perfectly valid to me, however ... I'm just not bothered by them and they don't pull me out of the game.

Lovin' it.
yeah man I have spent a total of 16 hrs. and only done 2 actual assassinations. I can't get over how massive the game is.