PDA

View Full Version : Where is EDEN?

altairULTIMATE
08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
where is EDEN? I have two therios on where they might go with EDENS location.

1)Im getting this from the halo universe, when the last FORERUNNER brought the humans to earth she landed on MOUNT KILIMANJARO in TANZNINA, AFRICA. The placde where she landed she called EDEN. In the TRUTH video the mountain in the back groung looks like MOUNT KILIMANJARO and the city is looks like the african plains.

2) They might try to go with eden being the lost city of ALANTIS since the legend says ATLANTIS was very advanced for its time and it we can not find the location.

I dont know if these are true of course but if you have theroies can you share them

altairULTIMATE
08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
where is EDEN? I have two therios on where they might go with EDENS location.

1)Im getting this from the halo universe, when the last FORERUNNER brought the humans to earth she landed on MOUNT KILIMANJARO in TANZNINA, AFRICA. The placde where she landed she called EDEN. In the TRUTH video the mountain in the back groung looks like MOUNT KILIMANJARO and the city is looks like the african plains.

2) They might try to go with eden being the lost city of ALANTIS since the legend says ATLANTIS was very advanced for its time and it we can not find the location.

I dont know if these are true of course but if you have theroies can you share them

kalo.yanis
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they are likely to go with Mt. Kilimanjaro, since it's thought to be the place of origin of the homo sapiens species. Or that general area, at least.

LightRey
08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
I had therios for breakfast.

kalo.yanis
08-24-2011, 05:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I had therios for breakfast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I gotta admit I stole that one from Spider-Man though. :P

Assassin_M
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
you win the internet XD

Ioder
08-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Mt. Kilimanjaro if anyplace. If they go to Atlantis. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

rileypoole1234
08-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I'd like to see Eden be in Egypt, because for some unknown reason I always thought that'd be where it is. But it'll probably be in the general area of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

Bipolar Matt
08-24-2011, 08:52 PM
According to ancient Sumer, the first civilization on Earth, E.Din as they called it, is in modern day Iraq, the fertile crescent between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.

kalo.yanis
08-25-2011, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
According to ancient Sumer, the first civilization on Earth, E.Din as they called it, is in modern day Iraq, the fertile crescent between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's just the Sumers being chauvinists.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 03:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
According to ancient Sumer, the first civilization on Earth, E.Din as they called it, is in modern day Iraq, the fertile crescent between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would like to correct you by saying that they are the first known civilization on earth. A subtle, but significant difference.

redcheetah7
08-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers close to where they join is where is says in the Bible. AC devs tend to work very closely to historical texts so I'd doubt they'd try to pull something like Atlantis

EvolutionIXMR
08-25-2011, 07:36 AM
As much as I and everyone else want to believe it's Kilimanjaro in the Truth video, I don't think it is.
There are many mountains throughout the world that are similar to Kilimanjaro. The one thing you have to note though is the ice cap.
The ice cap on Kilimanjaro is a lot smaller now than it was in ancient times. I think Ubisoft WANTS us to think it is Kilimanjaro.
I do a lot of reading into ancient civilizations and history-related topics and I can't think of one "advanced civilization" based near Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I have a theory about the location in the Truth video from ACII as being Atlantis. It was said to be an advanced civilization destroyed by cataclysmic events causing the city & landmass to disappear. If you read the story of Atlantis and many of the theories that surround the mythical place, you will see that it would fit perfectly into the AC story.
Follow the link in my sig for more.

roostersrule2
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
it could be mt Kilimanjaro but over time mountains erode and get smaller and/or get bigger due to tectonic plates and all that stuff so that mountain to day could be mt Everest or it could be 300m mountain 5km from my house you never know

LightRey
08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
it could be mt Kilimanjaro but over time mountains erode and get smaller and/or get bigger due to tectonic plates and all that stuff so that mountain to day could be mt Everest or it could be 300m mountain 5km from my house you never know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
it takes WAY more time than that to see any significant change.

Cercatrova
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Less than you may think. In fact it has changed noticeably in the last few hundred years. This mountain is entirely volcanic, and is, as mountains go, quite young, less than 1 million years.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cercatrova:
Less than you may think. In fact it has changed noticeably in the last few hundred years. This mountain is entirely volcanic, and is, as mountains go, quite young, less than 1 million years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
a few thousand years is still only a fraction of that. Noticeably doesn't mean that it's visible from pictures from a long distance.

Cercatrova
08-25-2011, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cercatrova:
Less than you may think. In fact it has changed noticeably in the last few hundred years. This mountain is entirely volcanic, and is, as mountains go, quite young, less than 1 million years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
a few thousand years is still only a fraction of that. Noticeably doesn't mean that it's visible from pictures from a long distance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then where, for the love of the Maker, is Mawenzi? From the only angles I can get Killimanjaro to look similar to the mountain in "The Truth", Mawenzi should be quite visible. But it isn't. Nothing about it, in fact, looks like Mt. Kilimanjaro, except the peak. The base is quite different from what is in "The Truth". "The Truth" looks more like someone jsut took the peak of Kiimanjaro and placed it on a fairly flat land.

It could very well be it is meant to be Mt. Kilimanjaro, but you can't really deny the possibility it is a different mountain entirely, or is a fictional place (IE Atlantis, Thule, Mu, Shangri-la or whatever) in which as a production decision they may have used portions of Kilimanjaro to design it, but is not intended to literally represent Kilimanjaro.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 10:56 PM
a few thousand years is still only a fraction of that. Noticeably doesn't mean that it's visible from pictures from a long distance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then where, for the love of the Maker, is Mawenzi? From the only angles I can get Killimanjaro to look similar to the mountain in "The Truth", Mawenzi should be quite visible. But it isn't. Nothing about it, in fact, looks like Mt. Kilimanjaro, except the peak. The base is quite different from what is in "The Truth". "The Truth" looks more like someone jsut took the peak of Kiimanjaro and placed it on a fairly flat land.

It could very well be it is meant to be Mt. Kilimanjaro, but you can't really deny the possibility it is a different mountain entirely, or is a fictional place (IE Atlantis, Thule, Mu, Shangri-la or whatever) in which as a production decision they may have used portions of Kilimanjaro to design it, but is not intended to literally represent Kilimanjaro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I checked. Look at the following picture:
http://www.idtravel.nl/expedities/kilimanjaro.jpg
It looks almost exactly like the background in the truth. Even the "bump" on the right.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Man, isn't that a beautiful mountain?

LightRey
08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Man, isn't that a beautiful mountain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed.