PDA

View Full Version : why oh why

redtails1968
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
release a readme for the new patch and not release the patch at the same. Have we not been informed that the patch is ready for download.

redtails1968
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
release a readme for the new patch and not release the patch at the same. Have we not been informed that the patch is ready for download.

blairgowrie
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Could be many reasons. They did say Oleg had to sign off and maybe he wants to do some testing a perhaps make final adjustments. They did have some problems with finding hosts and mirrors for the PDF file and I am sure the patch is going to be very large.

It will be here when it arrives. In the meantime, please be patient.

M_Gunz
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Maybe they want more people to actually read the instructions and details. When that's all there is for a week
then maybe a few more will. Usually it's throw the patch on and then post questions and complaints without
ever a look.

DKoor
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Maybe they want more people to actually read the instructions and details. When that's all there is for a week
then maybe a few more will. Usually it's throw the patch on and then post questions and complaints without
ever a look. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And there will still be question how this and how that in spite of perfectly explained everything in README. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Threesixtyci
09-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I wonder how long it'll take to come to the Steam version...

baronWastelan
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM
THERE'S A NEW PATCH??????

Treetop64
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baronWastelan:
THERE'S A NEW PATCH?????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surpise, surprise! Yep, sure is. Coming soon, like in just days. Version 4.09. Possibly with a potential 5.0 following - note: 5.0 means is a new game version! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Waldo.Pepper
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">in just days </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am skeptical, hope I am wrong.

Boosher
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Instead of weeks, I believe we must use a more appropriate term:

the RUTM, more colloquially known as the "Reasonable Unit of Time Measurement."

So... the patch will be available for download in two RUTM's. Good day, Gentlemen.

Treetop64
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
The common vernacular is "Root em".

jermin122
09-29-2009, 10:56 PM
lol

JG52Uther
09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
I like to think its because as this is the first patch done by another team,Oleg is checking it all out properly.
Then again,maybe he will just upload it when he can be bothered!Its not like he's getting paid for it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Viikate_
09-30-2009, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
I like to think its because as this is the first patch done by another team,Oleg is checking it all out properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. It just got stuck in the wheels of byrocracy. 1C is big company. But everything is fine now. Two w... um... days?

Waldo.Pepper
09-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Great news Vikrate. Whatever server(s) are selected. They better be great big robust ones. Every patch release in the past crashes them straight away. At least that is how I remember it. And this one had better be able to withstand the pent up demand of a recently released lifer.

What is the file size of this one I wonder? Don't seem to have seen that in the readme.

Treetop64
09-30-2009, 02:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viikate_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
I like to think its because as this is the first patch done by another team,Oleg is checking it all out properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. It just got stuck in the wheels of byrocracy. 1C is big company. But everything is fine now. Two w... um... days? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dood. The term is RUTM, or just "root em" if you're uneducated, oh-kay?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif